je300 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Advice for a total noob that's way overwhelmed?

hey,

to preface. im tall, 20yo, male, and skinnyish but I have Gynecomastia (genetic **** where estrogen levels are too high so I have puffy man tits, it's a blast) and also pre-scoliosis. used to be chubby and lost ton of weight, now want to actually look good.

I absolutely hate working out, always have, but I still want to do something about it. I went to the gym a good chunk of last year, saw a little progress, but mostly stuck to machines. I didn't know what I was doing, just went. I want to do free weights and I want to do it right this time, but I have 0 clue as to what i'm doing. i'm not even exaggerating, ZERO clue, i'm a complete dumbass. I checked out the Greyskull LP because I was told it was a good beginner program but even that seems a lot.

- I have nobody to go to the gym with, never have, so I never learned. - No experience; so 0 gym ettiequte, 0 idea on how to use weights, 0 gain diet knowledge, and 0 clue on how to not appear like and cope with being a dumbass at the gym.

But, I have time and determination. I just have no idea where to start. Ideally I could get something to target my problem areas (Gyne and Pre-scoliosis).

if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by je300 View Post
    hey,

to preface. im tall, 20yo, male, and skinnyish but I have Gynecomastia (genetic **** where estrogen levels are too high so I have puffy man tits, it's a blast) and also pre-scoliosis. used to be chubby and lost ton of weight, now want to actually look good.

I absolutely hate working out, always have, but I still want to do something about it. I went to the gym a good chunk of last year, saw a little progress, but mostly stuck to machines. I didn't know what I was doing, just went. I want to do free weights and I want to do it right this time, but I have 0 clue as to what i'm doing. i'm not even exaggerating, ZERO clue, i'm a complete dumbass. I checked out the Greyskull LP because I was told it was a good beginner program but even that seems a lot.

- I have nobody to go to the gym with, never have, so I never learned. - No experience; so 0 gym ettiequte, 0 idea on how to use weights, 0 gain diet knowledge, and 0 clue on how to not appear like and cope with being a dumbass at the gym.

But, I have time and determination. I just have no idea where to start. Ideally I could get something to target my problem areas (Gyne and Pre-scoliosis).

Read on this site and learn. My workout suggestion would be the Fierce 5 program here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631 I don't know anything about the pre-scoliosis so check with your doctor about all of the exercises.
    For diet knowledge, read here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    Don't worry about looking like an idiot at the gym, everyone starts somewhere and everyone has to learn. If you have a question about something, ask gym staff. Just be sure to wipe down equipment when done and put weights back on rack when finished. Go consistently with the goal to improve everyday. You aren't there to impress others, make it about you and improving you.

Read and learn, you will be grateful that you know why you are doing stuff and not just doing it because some random dude on a website told you to do it. It is ok to ask questions here but take the time to read and understand what you are doing and why.

LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LukeEverhart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by je300 View Post
    hey,

Greyskull LP is powerlifting-oriented & not your best option if your goal is building muscle & aesthetics.

Fierce 5 that is mentioned by another poster is not your best option either. A bit too power-oriented & portions are ill-conceived; specifically, the supersetting of triceps w/calves & biceps w/abs, which is a great way to significantly impair biceps & triceps growth from those movements. Supersetting should be done with either complementary muscles or antagonistic muscles. Unrelated pairings like that have no benefit except time-reduction and have a big downside: it significantly reduces the amount of mechanical stress in the movement by making conditioning a limiting factor.

Your best option among the beginner programs discussed and stickied in this forum is All Pros if muscle growth is your primary focus.
    Link here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=155009423