Closed Thread
Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305
Results 9,121 to 9,148 of 9148
    BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.utsandiego.com/health-911/

Real interesting article by the U-Trib about the direction of healthcare and EMS in San Diego. If this can get rid of the frequent flyers, I'm all for it.
    ***Misc Firefighter/Paramedic Crew***
    Chew Crew

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BalboaTHEbeasT View Post

Real interesting article by the U-Trib about the direction of healthcare and EMS in San Diego. If this can get rid of the frequent flyers, I'm all for it.
    Great read.

Pressed, but not crushed matpal's Avatar
    matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone here not pass the Paramedic National Registry written test on their first attempt?

Really have not been studying as much as I should (time constraints) and getting quite nervous about it. How difficult did you find the test?
    "Love Everyone" - Jesus

Ex-CEO/Unaffiliated

I used to make the Holy Grail

FF/Medic

2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matpal View Post
    Anyone here not pass the Paramedic National Registry written test on their first attempt?

Really have not been studying as much as I should (time constraints) and getting quite nervous about it. How difficult did you find the test?
    I'm the douche who chimes in with "if you did well in class you will be fine", and "if you dont know it by now then you are screwed".

Both are pretty much true though. I dont know anyone who has done well in class but gone on to fail the NR. I would brush up on some of your medications (just the ones that are pretty much universally used) and go over some ACLS/PALS info. Pediatric questions are often the ones that give people trouble...or try and sneak in a Broselow tape!

Peds and OB seem to be the topics that most people have a hard time remembering.

meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meatjesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2Rude4MyOwnGood View Post
    I'm the douche who chimes in with "if you did well in class you will be fine", and "if you dont know it by now then you are screwed".

Both are pretty much true though. I dont know anyone who has done well in class but gone on to fail the NR. I would brush up on some of your medications (just the ones that are pretty much universally used) and go over some ACLS/PALS info. Pediatric questions are often the ones that give people trouble...or try and sneak in a Broselow tape!

Peds and OB seem to be the topics that most people have a hard time remembering.
    damn you got some balls man. When I took my emtB test I had to bring in an ID and show it every time I took a breath. Thumb print twice and my testing station was under surveillance.
    I ask not for a lighter burden, I ask for broader shoulders

Originally Posted by meatjesus View Post
    damn you got some balls man. When I took my emtB test I had to bring in an ID and show it every time I took a breath. Thumb print twice and my testing station was under surveillance.
    Hah, i was just fuking around, i would never try to sneak anything into a NR testing site. Security is tight as hell. The place where i took mine herded us into a room with windows for walls and they sat there and watched us the whole time. That dang Broselow sure would have come in handy though. Pediatric drug dosages all over my sht.

BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Also people that have worked on the streets for awhile tend to struggle with the NREMT because they are used to doing things the "street" way instead of the NREMT way. So remember to answer the questions the way the NRMET wants you to even though it might not be exactly how you would do it in the field.
    ***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

RIP zyzz forever mirin dropkickMc's Avatar
    dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BalboaTHEbeasT View Post

ya its a 5 part series running this whole week. why do you read SD newspapers? lol

BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalboaTHEbeasT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dropkickMc View Post
    ya its a 5 part series running this whole week. why do you read SD newspapers? lol
    I try to read up on the cities I have a chance to work in. Plus it was posted on another firefighter site I frequent.
    ***Misc Firefighter/Paramedic Crew***
    Chew Crew

RIP zyzz forever mirin dropkickMc's Avatar
    dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000) dropkickMc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post

whew thank goodness!
    FOCK thats gnarly i played it like 100x

lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

whew thank goodness!
    Scary shiz right there. It also blows my mind about the lack of Nomex hoods worn in a lot of east coast and midwest depts. I couldn't imagine going anywhere near a fire without one on.

test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by dropkickMc View Post
    does anyone else find it annoying when people say "get my P-card" or "once i get my medic i'll for sure get hired". I know a lot of people who have P-cards but dont deserve to be called paramedics. it's getting to be like a FF1 where you can just get someone to sign off on it and you may or may not remember it in a year. paramedic schools in my area are a booming business and they dgaf who they pass as long as the tuition check clears. everyone wants to be a firefighter/(paramedic) but no one wants to actually BE A MEDIC./rant

my advice for EMT-Bs that want be paramedics/"get a p-card" is to work in EMS, preferrably 911 obviously, but forget about the fire service for a while. my preceptor and i used to LAUGH at retarded-ass FFs on calls even tho we would both jump to work for their dept. we're the ambulance and this is a medical call so we are in charge. when we stand by on a fire, you're in charge. until then, move out my way or do xyz task.

I look at it as 2 jobs in one. you are a firefighter AND a paramedic and should be able to either one by itself no problem (and both at the same time), no complaints. "eeeh i hate working on the box i only like the engine" ya well why are you a medic then go work as a FF/EMT and be the equipment carrier on 90% of our calls.

But fire calls are so bad ass tho" ya when theyre legit. however ive had plenty of acute transports that were WAYYY more bad ass then spraying water on a trashcan fire.

all im saying is dont go to paramedic school unless you really want to be a paramedic. there are plenty of ways to get paid as a firefighter without being a paramedic. you're better off spending that time/money/energy flying around the country taking rad fire classes and testing in every major city. (the south hires TONS of ff/emts)

/rant tl;dr
    Stfu. You are a poser as well. Getting liscensed as a paramedic in hawaii is impossible without 1+ years as an emt-i. There is ONE paramedic class per year here. You "medics" would struggle your asses off working as emt-b's down here lol

Serious lol @ mainland medics. Down here its about saving lives unlike ur greedy ass ems systems in the mainland

lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lotusfreek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by test808 View Post
    Stfu. You are a poser as well. Getting liscensed as a paramedic in hawaii is impossible without 1+ years as an emt-i. There is ONE paramedic class per year here. You "medics" would struggle your asses off working as emt-b's down here lol

Serious lol @ mainland medics. Down here its about saving lives unlike ur greedy ass ems systems in the mainland
    How is your fire chief, medic, nurse and rocket scientist job working out for you? I bet you make alot of money but never get time off. I also like how the medics in the thread asked you easy answered questions that you never answered with the reason "because you don't feel like it".

I am a billionaire brain surgeon, but I won't answer any questions about it because I don't feel like it.

test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500) test808 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by lotusfreek View Post
    How is your fire chief, medic, nurse and rocket scientist job working out for you? I bet you make alot of money but never get time off. I also like how the medics in the thread asked you easy answered questions that you never answered with the reason "because you don't feel like it".

I am a billionaire brain surgeon, but I won't answer any questions about it because I don't feel like it.
    Somebody doesnt know what a joke is.
    And yeah your right about not getting enough time off. We are extremely short of medics. Most that apply from out of state are not qualified and with one paramedic class per year its difficult.

I do make alot of money though. 100k yearly as a medic is not bad but unlike you wanna be's we work for it

Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by test808 View Post
    somebody doesnt know what a joke is.
    And yeah your right about not getting enough time off. We are extremely short of medics. Most that apply from out of state are not qualified and with one paramedic class per year its difficult.

I do make alot of money though. 100k yearly as a medic is not bad but unlike you wanna be's we work for it
    bahahahahahahahaha

That is all.
    R.I.P. Hela
    "If you never talk to strangers, You'll never make any friends at all."
    Mike---R.I.P. Buddy

***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The truly great do not put their pants on one leg at a time

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instructor class234

Forcible entry is fun as sht, i could do this all day and never get tired of it.

Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    bahahahahahahahaha

That is all.
    Thats what i said when i read ur sig about emts lol.
    Hiw does it feel to know emts in hawaii are more trained and longer schooled than medics in the mainland.

K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) K_Y is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Got off a 48 this morning - slept for 3 hours. Thought I was feeling good. Did some errands made some food, got on my computer in my bed and............

just woke up again. oops.

Forcible entry is fun as sht, i could do this all day and never get tired of it.
    our policy is to have fire do it

but I have a halligan and a sledge on my regular truck - waiting for an opportunity - I probably should get worse at finding open windows /alternate doors.
    Last edited by K_Y; 04-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Originally Posted by K_Y View Post

our policy is to have fire do it

but I have a halligan and a sledge on my regular truck - waiting for an opportunity - I probably should get worse at finding open windows /alternate doors.
    If i got assigned to a truck or rescue i would probably buy my own halligan so i could modify it to my liking, but if i get put on a medic unit or engine i doubt i would. Having my own tool that i could pass down to my kid or something would be cool.

MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Finished taking my FF entrance exam in Dallas and passed it, I have three more cities to test when they pop up (Austin, Houston, San Antonio) I've already taken the Corpus Christi exam and placed #1 and their academy starts in late July. Not to sound like I have a huge ego, but I'm pretty sure I will get hired in Corpus because I have a spotless record (no drugs, speeding tickets, moving violations, etc.), honorable military discharge and I'm currently attending a fire academy(highest GPA overall no bragging lulz) in San Antonio.

My question is, would you take the position or wait for the bigger city slots for your interview and pray you get hired?
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights. They are but an insignificant groundnut!

(_*_) Squeaky Clean Angus Crew (_*_)

Originally Posted by MTheus View Post
    Finished taking my FF entrance exam in Dallas and passed it, I have three more cities to test when they pop up (Austin, Houston, San Antonio) I've already taken the Corpus Christi exam and placed #1 and their academy starts in late July. Not to sound like I have a huge ego, but I'm pretty sure I will get hired in Corpus because I have a spotless record (no drugs, speeding tickets, moving violations, etc.), honorable military discharge and I'm currently attending a fire academy(highest GPA overall no bragging lulz) in San Antonio.

My question is, would you take the position or wait for the bigger city slots for your interview and pray you get hired?
    I would take the first job that gets offered to you. These jobs are very hard to get and you dont know how long it could be until the next offer comes along.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I would slap you in the face, if you do not take the 1st job offered to you!! Nothing is guaranteed

You hit the lottery, you better cash out.

You got a little mouth on you lulz, I would watch it. Nobody likes a fuking chest beater

MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000) MTheus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would slap you in the face, if you do not take the 1st job offered to you!! Nothing is guaranteed

You hit the lottery, you better cash out.

You got a little mouth on you lulz, I would watch it. Nobody likes a fuking chest beater
    I'm no chest beater, but I will tell you I do very well on when it comes down to team work, knowledge of the skills that I have learned throughout the academy, having a good moral values, and being confident in the work I do.

Me talking through a forum doesn't portray how I am in real life so don't get the wrong idea. I don't go boasting around how I made top in the academy and entrance exams. I'm humble in real-life.
    Every aspiring lad wants to be a bodybuilder, but by George, nobody wants to elevate these burdensome weights. They are but an insignificant groundnut!

I'm no chest beater, but I will tell you I do very well on when it comes down to team work, knowledge of the skills that I have learned throughout the academy, having a good moral values, and being confident in the work I do.

Me talking through a forum doesn't portray how I am in real life so don't get the wrong idea. I don't go boasting around how I made top in the academy and entrance exams. I'm humble in real-life.
    Seriously dude, take the first job you get offered. People test for years before landing a paid gig in this field.

Seriously dude, take the first job you get offered. People test for years before landing a paid gig in this field.
    Oh yeah, I'm going to take the offer. They're the only ones offering paramedic training immediately after. Thanks for the comment.

Oh yeah, I'm going to take the offer. They're the only ones offering paramedic training immediately after. Thanks for the comment.
    Right on man, i hope it works out for you.

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    Someone please restart this thread. Threads that are 9-10k posts needs to be closed and started again

Thank you
    I wish everyone the best in achieving your goals

daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) daiawa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Guess ill start it new thread guys

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post862212711