semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Subcutaneous Water Retention...Chuck,Derek,Sixpack?

Just a question regarding subcutaneous water. I'm currently 7.5 weeks out from my first competition. I'm 185 lbs @ 5.4% bf. I've never done a competition before so I'm still learning. I can see my abs pretty good but it seems as if the skin is loose and soft in my abdominal area and the outline of my pecs. Is this water or the last bit of fat that's making my skin feel loose? Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated...Thanks

ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by semper27
    Just a question regarding subcutaneous water. I'm currently 7.5 weeks out from my first competition. I'm 185 lbs @ 5.4% bf. I've never done a competition before so I'm still learning. I can see my abs pretty good but it seems as if the skin is loose and soft in my abdominal area and the outline of my pecs. Is this water or the last bit of fat that's making my skin feel loose? Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated...Thanks
    You got pics of 5.4%? I am not doubting just need to see if it water or fat. At 5.4% your abs should really pop, water or no water. Anyway to answer your question, your last week is were the Na+/K+ comes into play with your carb deplete as well as your diuretic. Are you having carbs all day? Carb loads? How are you currently dieting?
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Director of Research & Development
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian
    The Cutting Edge Athletics/Lake Forest, CA
    Jab - Mixed Martial Arts & Pure Fitness (Hong Kong), Velocity Athletic Training (Irvine CA)

Nutrition Coach
    Renaissance Club Sport/Aliso Viejo, CA

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ChuckRD
    You got pics of 5.4%? I am not doubting just need to see if it water or fat. At 5.4% your abs should really pop, water or no water. Anyway to answer your question, your last week is were the Na+/K+ comes into play with your carb deplete as well as your diuretic. Are you having carbs all day? Carb loads? How are you currently dieting?
    I am currently working with him and he is indeed at 5.4% bodyfat. Only fat left is a little on the love handles and lower back. I suggested he try adding in potassium 99mg 3X a day and see what happens.

lce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Decimal readings with body fat? That's funny.
    Growing Exponentially Since Summer 2001.