vike27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taking a month off - how long will it take to regain?

Hi guys,

I will be traveling most of the next 30 days with no access to a gym so I thought I would shift to doing cardio(shedding some fat I've gained over the past 8month bulk) and also resting my injured shoulder which I really really need to rest.

Was thinking I could lose 6-8lbs this month(will continue to keep a good healthy clean diet) and then get back into weights in a month and continue my bulking. Will also be doing rehab for shoulder to regain mobility.

Focusing on cardio for a bit probably is also good for my health given I've gained alot of weight the past year.

My question is, how much of my muscle progress will I lose taking 30 days off? And how long will it take me to gain it back(I am assuming muscle memory will help). I've made such great gains this year and especially the past ~2month.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are working in the 12 rep range, you will have to drop down to 6-8 reps. If you are on a 5x5 style, the first time you unrack it, it will pin you to the mat.

I would deload at minimum 10% for every 3 weeks off. But dont worry, you are just detrained, if you take 6 weeks off, it should only take 3 weeks to get back to your previous strength/conditioning levels.

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've taken 45 days off and I look the same as I did when I lifted.
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crazymix View Post
    I've taken 45 days off and I look the same as I did when I lifted.
    Yea i was going for strength can conditioning issues when he gets back on the horse. It takes MONTHS to even lose a few pounds of muscle if you just stop all together.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I took off from about the last week of June until around 1 August. Looks-wise I didn't really change much. I felt weak the first 2 weeks back. But upper body has pretty much come back since then. Legs are going to take longer for strength to really come back but then again I haven't pushed them too much yet.

Normally I don't ever take that much time off and haven't take more than a week at a time off for many years. And I've been training for about 30 years so it takes a lot for me to either gain or lose muscle.
    You rock a piss, I'm gonna rock some Mitchell

AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamMowafi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vike27 View Post
    Hi guys,

I will be traveling most of the next 30 days with no access to a gym so I thought I would shift to doing cardio(shedding some fat I've gained over the past 8month bulk) and also resting my injured shoulder which I really really need to rest.

Was thinking I could lose 6-8lbs this month(will continue to keep a good healthy clean diet) and then get back into weights in a month and continue my bulking. Will also be doing rehab for shoulder to regain mobility.

Focusing on cardio for a bit probably is also good for my health given I've gained alot of weight the past year.

My question is, how much of my muscle progress will I lose taking 30 days off? And how long will it take me to gain it back(I am assuming muscle memory will help). I've made such great gains this year and especially the past ~2month.
    If you want to maintain your body weight with taking a off for one month then Little cardio whenever you get time and healthy diet is the way to maintain it.

You can regain a short loss of body weight in a month or two months period. And I believe it is the right time to give rest to your injured shoulder rather focusing more on cardio.