Thread: Lose Fat

Mirkin97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lose Fat

I'm 17 years old, I normally workout 4 days a week, I run in the morning (sunday, tuesday, thursday) and saturday I run in the afternoon. After running, I do abs (all 4 days after running) and head over to the bars after that. I've been working out ever since I am 13 and my only goal is to lose weight and burn fat. I used to lift until I decided to start with calisthenics when I was 15. I used to weigh 81 kg /180 lbs when I first started working out. My weight today is 75 kg / 165 lbs. I want to burn the last fat I got in my body which is in my lower stomach and sides, and a little bit that's left in my chest. I recently started dieting with whey protein because I heard it is a good way to burn fat, I'm not really sure about this one, I would like someone to answer to this. Any advice?

bdsnyder27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Nutrition..

Hey man, i did the calculations for you and to lose fat you need to keep your calories at around 2,300. Don't forget tho to make sure you get 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight to keep from burning fat. I would recommend 30 grams of protein after each workout within 30 minutes after your workout to keep your muscles fueled and prevent muscle burning. Hope this helped. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask..
    Be proud but never satisfied..

Thanks

Thanks man, I appreciate your answer. Just one question: Which foods should I eat in order to reach 2,300 kcal per day?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Start with nutrition- learning the basics about calorie and macro/micro nutrients and how they will help you reach your goals, read-

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129523333
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

Once you have done that select a proven beginner routine, these are made to give the best results, some good routines would be-

Starting Strength - http://startingstrength.com/

BabyLover's Starting Strength - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135564721

AllPro's Beginner Routine - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

StrongLifts 5x5 - http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

IceCream Fitness 5x5 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148036063

Fierce 5 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159678631

Coolcicada's Push/Pull/Legs - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149807833

Read into those and pick the one you like best.

SUPPLEMENTS

Are just that and nothing more, you do not need them, and most are either useless or a waste of money. If you really want to take them there are a few that can be beneficial though.

Recommended-

Multivitamin- Useful for helping to fill in any holes in your diet- remember, it is there to compliment what you get from food, not replace it.

Fish Oil- Great for getting in essential fats that most do not from whole food unless eating fish fairly often.

Creatine Monohydrate- Cheapest form of creatine and the most proven/studied. 3-5 grams a day, taken at any time with any liquid is all it takes and you do not need to load or cycle nor do you need to take it with sugar. Many types of creatine exist but just go with a plain mono- do not expect miracles though, creatine will barely have any noticeable effect, it may give you an extra rep or 2 but that is about it.

Bloating with creatine is actually very minimal, if it occurs at all, and usually only happens to those who load it (which is not needed). Creatine works by saturation, pulling water into the muscles and providing more endurance: think of it like putting an extra gallon of capacity on your car's gas tank, it doesn't directly improve performance, but allows for more distance to be covered. This is essentially (in very simplified terms) what creatine will do, it will let you go just a little further.

Optional-

Protein- Not needed really, it is just a powdered food (usually derived from either a milk, plant, beef, or egg protein) that can be used to reach your minimum protein needs if you cannot do so with whole foods. Do not get caught up with what type to get, a standard whey will be the cheapest and will be just fine. Only take as much as is needed to reach protein needs for the day.

BCAA Products- BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids) are said to prevent muscle breakdown and aid in recovery- this is true but you know what already has BCAAs in it? Food, any source of protein has and is comprised of branch chain amino acids. Assuming you reach protein sufficiency in your day a BCAA supplement would do nothing to aid you.

BCAA supplements may be beneficial if you take pre/intra workout only if you train in a fasted state, or taken between meals if you go 4-6 hours without food. If you do not fit either of those categories they are not needed at all, save the money.

Not needed-

Fat Burners- They do not burn fat and barely do anything in regards to losing fat. Most will only suppress appetite and provide energy. Save your money, work on diet and training first, skip fat burners entirely or save them as an option for the final part of a cut, when you need an energy boost.

CLA- Borderline useless unless you are obese, do not waste the money.

Pre-Workout- They provide energy and endurance boosts, which may be useful if you need it but hold off until you have training and nutrition experience before looking into these. Some people respond poorly to certain stimulants so if taking a pre-workout always follow the directions and dosing instructions.

Pretty much any other supplements are not worth going into, do research first, buy later or never; most will do so little in regards to actual results that your money is best saved for something useful, like a food scale.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

bdsnyder27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most of those links are inaccurate for trying to lose fat. You copy and paste all of that stuff and post it on everyones forum and its misleading for people who don't know any better.. Ive seen you post that same exact thing word for word on peoples forum for trying to lose weight and people trying to gain so its extremely inaccurate because people gaining need different things that people wanting to lose. Mirkin- not a problem man. I would recommend clean foods like chicken, rice, egg beaters, broccoli, tilapia and things in that nature..
    Be proud but never satisfied..

I appreciate it man, I have been working out a little more and eating way more healthier than I used to and I start to feel good, although I haven't got rid of the love handles. I know it takes more time and effort to get rid of those, but I'm starting to see change in my abs.
    Thanks for the advice bdsnyder27!

Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kate890503 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey, guys! My name is Kate and I`m 26. I want to tell you the true story about how I`ve lost my weight. I`ve been fat since I was small and other children always laughed at me. I had 110 pounds in weight when studying in the fourth grade, 250 pounds when I entered the college though I was 165 centimetres in height!

I thought I was hopeless because I`ve tried an unbelievable number of diets by the age of 24 but I managed to lose only 17 pounds. I didn`t succeed in life, didn`t enjoy my job, I was tired of being mocked at behind my back. Being an optimist I`ve never admitted even the thought of ending my life but this idea began to cross my mind more and more often. I`m 25… I have no happiness, I`m alone and the only thing I have is my body I hate.
    Everything changed in 2014 on the 7th of May. Yes, I remember the day I met Justin. It`s a silly thing to say but he fell in love with me with all my shortcomings. I was on the top of the world but I`m not going to tell you this love story now.

Justin explained to me one important thing I couldn`t understand because there are a lot of false information mass media bristles with. He said: “You can be what you want. You may stay a prisoner in your body or you may free yourself.” So, I made a choice and I don`t regret.

In fact, the process of losing weight isn`t so scary as it`s described. Human`s body is built as the universe – one kind of energy turns into a different one. If we eat less than we need we lose our weight, if we eat more we grow fat. The main thing is to estimate your need and your diet correctly. Justin helped me with it. He turned out to have problems with weight but he managed to gain the upper hand in this fight. He planned my everyday menu and it wasn`t a torture for me to follow it. The most difficult was to give up eating sweets but when I look at my body now I realize it was worth!

For 4 months my weight have changed from 242 to 209 pounds although I hadn`t had this weight since I was 13! I`m thankful to Justin for my deliverance and I wish every girl have such a boyfriend. I`m not going to make you envy me, I would like to tell you about one application I came across at the beginning of December in 2014. The name of this application was UltraDiet. The authors of the application suggested everyone trying it in one well-known social network. I decided to try it with a mockery remembering millions of useless applications of this kind. And how I was surprised to see the menu which was planned with a rigorous accuracy, exactly the same Justine planned for me. An essential distinction between them was a much greater variety of dishes. So, since that day I use UltraDiet and it perfectly helps me to save my time.

My weight is 154 pounds now. I changed my size many times and I will continue to do it. I feel I like it, I`m getting closer to the figure of my dream and I`m almost free. Healthy eating is a style of my life. Never be afraid of defining high goals and keep in your mind: YOU CAN BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE! You may stay a prisoner in your body or you may free yourself.

By the way since recently the application UltraDiet is available on Google Play Market, if you want to find it, just type in the search ULTRADIET!

I hope UltraDiet will become your personal “Justin”. Enjoy it and evaluate the work of the authors! Good luck!

eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hit us your fiend.

eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eatnatural1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wow! How bad is my spelling there. HIIT is your friend. Sorry!