Due to recent discussion in THIS THREAD it was decided that there is a real need for a 'Basic principles of Nutrition' sticky. In essence, something that includes:
- Basic concept of calories & macros
- Basic concept of micronutrients & health
- Basic concept of IIFYM & importance of food selection
- Basic concept of other things such as 'meal frequency / meal timing' and other what not....
It's aim is to be a quick reference/ FAQ with links to other useful threads and stickies for those who want more details.
So this is the sticky from which we will build that sticky -->> somewhere for people to post a write up of their own that covers the above, which we can collect to create a 'master sticky'.
That means you should feel free to post your 'post' / submission...
For everyone's sake, PLEASE keep FLAMING to a MINIMUM. The idea is to try to work together and create a general reference... It is not a place to start an e-war....
Rightio.... let's see what we can get out of this experiment in 'e-community knowledge' stuff!
Adding to this -- for all those newbies looking for information / must read threads... A list to start:
1. READ THE STICKIES!
2. READ THE STICKIES!!
3. READ THE STICKIES IN THE ADVANCED SECTION
4. OTHER GOOD READS
- ALL your questions answered in a single post!
- Searching - Lit search and Search button!
- Nutrition - Information Sites and Sources
- Common forum questions (& the answers)
- Macro & Micronutrients Explained!
- *Total Metabolism Forecaster Thread*
- Calorie Counting Sites
- BB Roundtable: Will Brink, Jamie Hale, Layne Norton, Alan Aragon
- Time to Debunk Bodybuilding Nutrition Myths
- Protein and Carbs alone = BIG Insulin Spike (classic)
- Good Carbs vs. Bad Carbs
- Postworkout Fruit Intake Discussion
- Glycemic Index Discussion
- The scientific approach....... flawed?
- What is a bro and bro science?
- The unofficial guide to Fast Food
- Cheat contest!!!
- Protein bar recipe thread
- The Cottage Cheese Thread to end ALL cottage cheese threads
- The Nutrition Section's Unofficial Guide to Fast Food
- Artifical Sweeteners: An Overview
- Phosphate Bond getz madd biochemical on dat azz, bro!
- The only difference between a "CLEAN" and "DIRTY" food is...
- Answer to your egg questions!
- Oats Vs. Dextrose
- Clean Diets Dont Matter
If anyone has any thread suggestions, feel free to PM me.