Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BB2K's ErgoGenix Aftermath log!

First of all I want to thank ErgoGenix for picking me to do this log for them. My log will be on Aftermath their Post-Workout Recovery Complex. I will offically begin my log when the product arrives. i am very excited to try this product, I am currently cutting for my NPC show March 19th and I can use all the quality PWO nutrition I can get.

AFTERMATH
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/er...fter-math.html

Here's a little more info on this product!

Aftermath is your ultimate post-workout replenishment complex and is designed to be taken immediately after your workout, before you consume any other shake or meal. Each serving in ErgoGenix Aftermath contains 23g protein, and 13g high-glycemic carbohydrates.

AfterMath is a combination of three proprietary blends, each one designed to provide specific benefits:

Anabolic Protein Blend:
    Perhaps the most important post-workout nutritional strategy discovered in the past decade has been the effects of whey and leucine on muscle protein synthesis and increases in lean mass.* An intense exercise session, whether it is anaerobic or aerobic, is extremely damaging to the microstructure of the muscles used. The timing of ingesting anabolic supplements, such as whey protein and leucine combinations immediately after exercise supports a positive protein balance (i.e. muscle hypertrophy). The combination of a protein, essential amino acid, carbohydrate drink further enhances this effect. The different types of protein in AfterMath's Anabolic Protein Blend may help alter the rate of absorption into the muscles for a sustained effect on recovery and repair. Leucine has also been suggested to reduce muscle catabolism with ingestion and reduce central fatigue by reducing the bioavailability of tryptophan, thus enhance adaptations to training. Overall, the regular use of a protein blend after exercise not only promotes gains in muscle mass and recovery, but helps enhance the training effect in subsequent exercise bouts. Higher quality training plus faster recovery equates to enhanced results.

Insulinogenic Secretagogue Blend:
    Spiking the body's insulin after a workout is one of the best ways to promote muscle recovery as well as initiate the anabolic effects of insulin.* When simple carbohydrates are included in a post-workout shake, they trigger a spike in insulin. Insulin has a couple of actions in the muscle.

First, insulin works with the increase in blood glucose (from the carbohydrates in the post-workout formula) and assists with the uptake of glucose into the muscle cell. Because glycogen is one of the primary sources of fuel during weightlifting and general workouts, it must be replenished quickly to ensure the best possible recovery.* If glycogen repletion is diminished, subsequent workouts over the next few days may suffer.*

Second, insulin suppresses the breakdown of muscle after exercise.* In conjunction with protein consumption after exercise, high glycemic carbohydrates assist in decreasing muscle protein breakdown and increase the anabolic effects of whey protein,which promotes muscle protein synthesis.* Thus, overall, the combination of ingredients in AfterMath's Insulinogenic Secretagogue Blend are intended to spike insulin to support both glycogen repletion and protein synthesis, which is indeed synergistic to the effects of AfterMath's Anabolic Protein Blend.

Muscle Protection Blend:
    All types of exercise promote the releases of free radicals. The utilization of oxygen during exercise increases the amount of energy that needs to be produced from the mitochondria. At the same time, free radicals are produced. Free radical production can impair metabolic processes, such as protein synthesis, membrane lipid protection, and DNA replication. After intense exercise, damage to the microstructure of the muscles needs to be repaired. In a post-workout recovery drink, antioxidants (Vitamins A & E, alpha-lipoic acid, etc.) are beneficial, as well as added branched chain amino acids to aid in recovery.

My current training routine with diet info:
    I do 4 sets of 8-10 reps and follow with a set of FST-7

Day 1: Chest and Shoulders- High Carb
    Day 2: Back and Traps- Low Carb
    Day 3: Quads and Calves- High Carb
    Day 4: Biceps and Triceps- Low Carb
    Day 5: Hams, Abductors, Adductors, glutes- No Carb
    Day 6: Cardio, abs and posing- Moderate Carb
    Day 7: Repeat starting with Day 1.

After training I will have AfterMath right away then eat my next food meal approx 1hr later.
    Last edited by BB2K; 12-29-2010 at 05:04 PM.

BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    subbed too. lets do this brotha!
    Chamillionaire "Ridin Dirty" BB.COM Supplements Forum REMIXX!!

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'
    And tryin' to catch me superdrolin'
    Tryin' to catch me superdrolin'

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MattRage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in.. good luck.. youre gonna love aftermath bro!
    ***Donate to St Judes childrens fund***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160862521&highlight=memcop+jude

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Bloody Tuesday 3-Dec-13/11-jan-14/4-11-2014

dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sub'ed want to track your results here. Nice intro.
    Rick (dynoweb)

Keg to Six Pack http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124881471
    OBF-2011 thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135878941 - not active
    You have to carry the cross to wear the crown.

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbed!
    RIP mainsqueeze530

y u leave us so early bro?

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks everyone for subing. I am confident this product will do a great job.

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm Trying out the blue razz sample tonight after I hit arms. I thought the fruit punch was really refreshing. Good luck on your prep, in for updates and pics!

kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    I'm Trying out the blue razz sample tonight after I hit arms. I thought the fruit punch was really refreshing. Good luck on your prep, in for updates and pics!
    ^^For sure, in on this one.

Just make sure to never put Aftermath in the traders section if you ever purchase it, or you will be forever accused

Still talking to the CEO ERGOGENIX's Avatar
    ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kfairhurst View Post
    Just make sure to never put Aftermath in the traders section if you ever purchase it, or you will be forever accused
    Three words Kyle, Proof of Purchase
    Ergogenix Boss Man

Three (3) new ErgoProducts coming soon. Pepper angii.

www.ergogenix.com
    www.twitter.com/ergogenix

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergogenix/ergogenix.htm

My biggest "problem" is poor scheduling. I eat at 8am and hit the gym by 930am and by the time I do my workout plus abs and cardio I end up going 4 hours without food! So I need the After Math to tide me over. I plan to take it right after I train and before I do my cardio. This should be a huge help. Hope it gets here soon!

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BB2K View Post
    My biggest "problem" is poor scheduling. I eat at 8am and hit the gym by 930am and by the time I do my workout plus abs and cardio I end up going 4 hours without food! So I need the After Math to tide me over. I plan to take it right after I train and before I do my cardio. This should be a huge help. Hope it gets here soon!
    That sounds like a good plan with the timing

And so it begins....

UPS came to my door with a little present today...

The directions say to take it right after your workout on training days and 1st thing in the morning or before bed on off days. Well, today is an off day so I will be trying this product tonight!!

I will post my daily workout, diet, supplementation and how I like AfterMath.

I am currently prepping for the 2011 NPC Mid West which will be held on March 19th. My goal is to be in the light heavies (174.5lbs to 198.5lbs) masters 40-49 group and the open. My overall expectations are to win my class, the open, the over all and the best poser award!!

http://npcmidwest.com/npc

My avatar pic is from today. I currently weigh 198.5lbs and not sure about my BF%. I will post weekly pics until this log is finished on January 24th. Thank you ErgoGenix for sending me this product and I have confidence it will help me grow, recover and lean out even more.

ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShayZ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice to see ya got it!
    Cant wait to see whatya feel from it.
    RIP mainsqueeze530

Day 1

Yesterday was my day off and per the intstructions on the box, AfterMath can be taken 1st thing in the AM or just before bed. So just before bed, I grabbed a packet and mixed it in 12oz of water.

My initial thoughts:

1. It smells horrible. My wife was right beside me watching TV and she could smell it, almost a rotten order to it.

2. Kind of thick. Mixed easily but on the thicker side.

3. Flavor... its "ok". It has a decent taste at first then after you swallow it, it has an aweful chemical flavor to it.

4. It leaves a BAD taste in your mouth and caused bad breath. Approx 30min after I drank this my wife said she could still smell the bad oder on my breath. I had the bad taste in my mouth for about an hour and finally decided to wash it down with a diet coke.

I cant say that i am very happy with it at this point BUT I will drink it right after my workout today and see how it goes. I did "feel" better after i drank it so it may just be me having to cowboy up and force it down.

It smelled bad? was it sitting for a while? I never noticed any odors with AfterMath. Awaiting to see how the 2nd packet goes.
    RIP mainsqueeze530

ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ERGOGENIX has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yesterday was my day off and per the intstructions on the box, AfterMath can be taken 1st thing in the AM or just before bed. So just before bed, I grabbed a packet and mixed it in 12oz of water.

My initial thoughts:

1. It smells horrible. My wife was right beside me watching TV and she could smell it, almost a rotten order to it.

2. Kind of thick. Mixed easily but on the thicker side.

3. Flavor... its "ok". It has a decent taste at first then after you swallow it, it has an aweful chemical flavor to it.

4. It leaves a BAD taste in your mouth and caused bad breath. Approx 30min after I drank this my wife said she could still smell the bad oder on my breath. I had the bad taste in my mouth for about an hour and finally decided to wash it down with a diet coke.

I cant say that i am very happy with it at this point BUT I will drink it right after my workout today and see how it goes. I did "feel" better after i drank it so it may just be me having to cowboy up and force it down.
    How much water did you use?
    Ergogenix Boss Man

www.ergogenix.com

pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pwicks83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought the fruit punch was ok. I really enjoyed the blue rasp. If you ever feel like mixing it up a bit use gatorade instead of water. If you are feeling a little wild put it in a blender with ice and gatorade. AfterMath slushy, mmmmm gooood.

Originally Posted by ShayZ View Post
    It smelled bad? was it sitting for a while? I never noticed any odors with AfterMath. Awaiting to see how the 2nd packet goes.
    I put the powder in a shaker bottle, added 12oz cold water and a few ice cubes and shook it really good. waited maybe 5 min to drink. When I took the lid off my wife asked "Oh my god, whats that smell?" I thought maybe my shaker bottle was dirty but it wasnt. This product has a really bad oder to it. I made the 2nd serving this morning for the gym and same thing, the smell was really bad, made my gag a little.

Originally Posted by ERGOGENIX View Post
    How much water did you use?
    12oz plus a few ice cubes

Originally Posted by pwicks83 View Post
    I thought the fruit punch was ok. I really enjoyed the blue rasp. If you ever feel like mixing it up a bit use gatorade instead of water. If you are feeling a little wild put it in a blender with ice and gatorade. AfterMath slushy, mmmmm gooood.
    kinda hard to have a slushy at the gym lol

Ok, day 2. I grabbed a packet of AfterMath mixed it with 12oz of water and a few ice cubes. The smell was exactly the same. Bad. I said fk it and headed to the gym to have a great workout and planned to just down it after my weight training and then do cardio. Well, I tried but the flavor is just to bad for me. I tried several times to chug it but felt like i was going to hurl it. The smell and flavor are just not to my liking at all. I normally can chug a not so great product down if need be but sadly this just aint happening.

I was able to get about half of it down and my stomach was ready to send it right back up. I can try some gatorade with it tomorrow but i have a feeling that wont help.

BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyMan123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to hear that about taste...I just got mine in the mail and am going to try it tonight...Let's see how this goes!!!

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

Originally Posted by BodyMan123 View Post
    Sorry to hear that about taste...I just got mine in the mail and am going to try it tonight...Let's see how this goes!!!
    Im not saying its a BAD product, i am saying the flavor in my opinion is horrible. I think the same way about ON whey protein, its just my opinion. However, you may love it. Keep us informed!

Im not saying its a BAD product, i am saying the flavor in my opinion is horrible. I think the same way about ON whey protein, its just my opinion. However, you may love it. Keep us informed!
    yeah ik what you mean....dude I love the taste.....however im taking the fruit punch... if you cant take it down, mail it to me!! id love to try blue rasberry! hehe haha but lets see how tomorrow goes.

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'

-Socrates

yeah ik what you mean....dude I love the taste.....however im taking the fruit punch... if you cant take it down, mail it to me!! id love to try blue rasberry! hehe haha but lets see how tomorrow goes.
    i dont have blue raz, i have fruit punch as well.

i dont have blue raz, i have fruit punch as well.
    whaaaaat?!? love it man... the only thing i ever had to gag down was anadraulic state. eww man...smelling it makes me gag.

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'

-Socrates

whaaaaat?!? love it man... the only thing i ever had to gag down was anadraulic state. eww man...smelling it makes me gag.
    lol never tried that and guess i never will now. lol

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you have time, blend it up with some ice and fruit ...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    if you have time, blend it up with some ice and fruit ...
    i could see some strawberries and bananas making it even better!

They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Patrollin'

-Socrates

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i could see some strawberries and bananas making it even better!
    I like your thinking!!

ok, you guys are talking about slushies, fruit and berries and all that so when do i make that? I mean, its a PWO drink so am i suppose to blend all this up and carry it to the gym and let it sit for over 2hrs while i train? Would it be ok sitting that long un-refrigerated? seems it would go from slushie to mushie.

Have you been mixing it prior to going to the gym?

If so, next time try bringing an empty shaker cup and a packet of AfterMath to the gym, and mix it when you finish training
    Ergogenix Boss Man

www.ergogenix.com