Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Clean - Squat - Deadlift - Form HELP! Vids (Mini Reps)

Hey guys

I recorded my last two sets of clean, squat, and deadlift. Be brutally honest, help me out!

Clean
    165 1x5
    195 1x3

Squat - Sorry for the bad camera angle on the first set
    295 1x5
    345 1x3

Deadlift
    315 1x5
    365 1x5
    Last edited by Sl300; 05-29-2010 at 06:17 AM.

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    looks all right. Maybe need a little more stability on Squats; be tighter.

Deadlifts look good to me, though.

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squats are high... also it looks like you are on the toes
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Squats are high... also it looks like you are on the toes
    Yupperz. On the first set you can see your knees moved back and then way forward as you transferred the weight to your toes. The heavier set looked a little better but still not good. On the deadlifts it's obvious you were trying not to round your lower back and that is very important. You rounded your middle back. Not terribly dangerous but many lifters find rounding the upper back to be optimum pulling position. I wouldn't sweat your deadlift too much but you need to get your knee travel under control while squatting. Try transferring all that weight to your heels.

Edit- that last set of deads was too heavy. Lower back rounded and 20 second breaks between reps.
    Last edited by Donkeyno9; 05-29-2010 at 01:54 PM.
    I have no E-stats to post but this is my Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142431291

bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000)
    yes to much weight in deads good 30+ seconds bewteen reps

Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sl300 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    recapping:
    shift weight back during the squat, knees are going to far forward
    deload weight off the deadlift

repped you guys

muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The clean hasn't enough speed.. You don't explode. Think of jumping in the air. You should reed the stuff of coach Christian Thibaudeau about the clean (black book of training secrets).

While doing the clean you shouldn't try to make speed from beginning. The part the speed develops is from where the bar is at knee height. Jump into the air as if u're going to catch something. Explode true your jump and pull, not just by your pull as you are doing now.

Staring with power cleans from hang might help you with your form.

muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) muertesoulfly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    After seeing your squat video I think you need more flexibility. Check the rounding in your lower back when you're near the ground with your butt.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I'll just comment on the "clean" which were actually power cleans, NOT cleans (cleans are received in the full front squat position!). Looks good, but get your weight back onto your heels coming off the floor. Also, pop your hips harder, you are not moving quick enough and this will limit the weight you can lift.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Well, I'll just comment on the "clean" which were actually power cleans, NOT cleans (cleans are received in the full front squat position!). Looks good, but get your weight back onto your heels coming off the floor. Also, pop your hips harder, you are not moving quick enough and this will limit the weight you can lift.
    agree with this the bar does get slightly away from you also keeping it closer is far more efficient...

IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you start your clean with the same setup as your deadlift and that isn't good

your shoulders should be infront of the bar and your hips should be higher

Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by muertesoulfly View Post
    The clean hasn't enough speed.. You don't explode. Think of jumping in the air. You should reed the stuff of coach Christian Thibaudeau about the clean (black book of training secrets).

While doing the clean you shouldn't try to make speed from beginning. The part the speed develops is from where the bar is at knee height. Jump into the air as if u're going to catch something. Explode true your jump and pull, not just by your pull as you are doing now.

Staring with power cleans from hang might help you with your form.
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Especially that bit about starting power cleans from the hang. Do this and you run the risk of learning ugly "football" hang cleans. Better to learn the full motion from the start.

"Jump into the air as if u're going to catch something." ?!?!?!?!?!
    This is a very poor way to describe the motion of a clean. You do not jump into the air, and you are catching a heavy moving barbell on your shoulders, not simply "something".
    Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120458841

Best gym lifts:-
    Power Snatch............215
    Snatch.....................235
    Front Squat..............285
    Behind neck jerk.......315
    Olympic Back Squat...325

Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I though the cleans looked alright. Many of the noob mistakes are not present. Arms remain straight during the main phases of the pull, you rack the bar pretty quickly, and you start the lift with an arched back and maintain that throughout the pull. You also aren't donkey kicking your feet into the air. Your heels leave the floor but your toes maintain most of their contact. Don't listen to people that tell you to literally jump into the air. The lift is more of a hard extension, you also need to be thinking about the reversal of direction to catch the bar. The faster you can go from pull to squat under, the better.

You do look a little unstable and catch the bar on your toes a few times, the pull does look a little slow and un-explosive. I would guess lots of practice and some deep front squats would fix those issues.
    Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120458841

Best gym lifts:-
    Power Snatch............215
    Snatch.....................235
    Front Squat..............285
    Behind neck jerk.......315
    Olympic Back Squat...325

fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fakhter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Reps for whoever created those plates. Wish my gym had those

Originally Posted by muertesoulfly View Post
    After seeing your squat video I think you need more flexibility. Check the rounding in your lower back when you're near the ground with your butt.
    I see it too, any stretch in particular? I think it might be caused by me leaning too forward

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    agree with this the bar does get slightly away from you also keeping it closer is far more efficient...
    noted

Originally Posted by IcedEarth111 View Post
    you start your clean with the same setup as your deadlift and that isn't good

your shoulders should be infront of the bar and your hips should be higher

Like this?

Originally Posted by Marc27Default View Post
    Don't listen to people that tell you to literally jump into the air. The lift is more of a hard extension, you also need to be thinking about the reversal of direction to catch the bar. The faster you can go from pull to squat under, the better.

You do look a little unstable and catch the bar on your toes a few times, the pull does look a little slow and un-explosive. I would guess lots of practice and some deep front squats would fix those issues.
    Will try to explode and land more into my heels for stability

Originally Posted by fakhter View Post
    Reps for whoever created those plates. Wish my gym had those
    yep i love them, but they are in KG's which suck.

I repped everyone who I could, will finish the rest on recharge

recapping:

Clean
    - faster explosion past the knees
    - after the catch, remember to keep weight on my heels
    - shoulders over the bar in the starting position?

Squat
    - shift weight back during the squat, knees are going to far forward
    - flexibility on the bottom

Deadlift
    - deload weight off the deadlift
    - shoulders over the bar in the starting position?

repped you guys, get the rest of you on recharge

jesse3267 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    on deadlift you dip down to where your legs are almost parallel with the floor. you should start with your hips higher

dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dakensta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cleans looked nice to me.
    Not lovely, but nice.
    GO LOCAL SPORTSBALL TEAM

*** Pureblood Master Race - PM for free sperm sample, personally, and 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 delivered (ladies only) ***

*** Official Misc Photography Crew ***

IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000) IcedEarth111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sl300 View Post
    Like this?
    yes