Becci.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Becci.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Becci.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any Indian cream based dishes allowed?

Is anyone able to tell me if any of the Indian cream based dishes are keto friendly such as korma, tikka masala, passanda, butter chicken?! Goes without saying no rice, bread dishes. If they are not any ideas apart from tandoori?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dishes using real cream, or coconut cream are allowed on keto, as long as the other ingredients are also keto. I often make a lemon grass and coconut cream chicken when I have friends coming.

You'll probably have to make them yourself, restaurants put in a ton of sugar and flour.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it's always a gamble when you eat out, because people like to throw sugar in just about everything! The nerve!! :-)

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

Becci.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Becci.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Becci.h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Eileen and British Fighter for your advice. You are very right about the sugar they add in restaurants...that's what makes them so nice....but oh so naughty! Will attempt my culinary skills at a homemade one!

SmashingDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Becci, I make them ocassionally with 1 onion and 1-2 tomatoes. They key is not to use a lot of onions and tomatoes as most of the indian dishes have them as main ingredients. Also make sure the dish u make is consumed over 3-4 servings so all those carbs in tomatoes and onions are divided over those meals and do not riase the carb count for the day.. i have tried butter chicken, kabobs, and tikka masala using this trick in my first two weeks and it hasnt effected my keto (as per ketostix).. i have lost almost 10 lbs already. Hope this helps.

Also make sure your spices are not high in carbs, as some of them are.

I have some easy recipes that i can post for you. Let me know if you want them.