grlonamission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Reasonable expectations for a keto cut?

Hi there. I have tried keto in the past. Loved it, but for various reasons, never ended up finishing more than 3 weeks....long story.

My question is this. I'm planning to restart keto Jan 1, for 12 weeks. What can I reasonable expect to happen in that time?

I'm currently a 5'7" female. 140 lbs. Not much LBM, so plenty of fat (I haven't been measured, but I HAVE to be at LEAST 25%. I can pinch HUGE amts on my stomach, arms and upper legs). I know you always say to bulk before cutting, but I would rather appear too skinny for awhile and work with that. I know I have SOME muscle under all this excess fat, and I'm not looking to look ripped, so I may be happy with it once I cut.

Diet:Keto at 1500-2000 cals a day depending on cals burned working out
    Workouts:Lifting 3-4 days a week, cardio 5 days a week (30-45 min LISS)

For you keto experts, what are reasonable expectations for a 12 week cut? I know abs are not created overnight...and probably not even in 12 or more weeks, but it would sure be nice to know that I'll absolutely see a difference if followed 100%. I could care less about the scale...the mirror is my guide. I just need to know that this will be worth my 12 weeks.

Thank you!

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it depends if your calories are in check. 1500-2000 sounds a bit high for a female, but i will take your word for it

first week you will lose a ton of water weight. maybe 5-8 pounds. as i said before, if your calories are in order you will probably lose 1.5-2 pounds a week.

so to throw some numbers at you, after 12 weeks you will get down to probably 110-115 area. then when you get off the diet you will bloat that water weight back on, so you'd gain back however much water weight you lost. (this is why i reccomend a scale. i lost 5.5 lbs water my first week)

i say shoot for 120 pounds. thats a fair goal. and as for abs. very difficult for women to achieve...
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

grlonamission has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. I never plan on being less than 120-125. That would be getting skeletal. I wouldn't mind weighing 140 forever if the composition was different (more muscle, less fat).

Thanks for your input