smilebaby123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Toned everywhere else BUT my inner thighs...

Hi,
    So I'm definitely part of the "skinny" group of people since for my whole life..people constantly keep telling me to eat a sandwich--that's because they haven't seen me sitting down (stomach rolls) or in a bikini (fatty inner thighs). I'm a 5'5" woman and around 103 lbs the last time I checked. I am 23 years old. I took a hiatus from seriously working out for yearssss and finally got back on track just because I wanted to be healthy and to cut excess fat in certain areas (believe it or not I have some despite being called "skinny" all my life).

The reason I always look skinny to people (despite lack of activity and bad eating habits) is because I have a narrow frame with small bones. I gain fat only in certain areas and it accumulates to droopy-ish flab instead of adding width and bulk to my body. I have a fast metabolism too. So even though my eating habits in the past have been horrible..fast food, packaged processed food, junk food, and lack of water just to name some bad-for-you goods..I am still called skinny. By no means was I toned "skinny"...I was naturally skinny, but flabby.

So thus I started becoming more active. I've been biking for 8 miles 5 days a week for over 2 months. There are uphills, flat roads, and downhills to those miles. I have really noticed a dramatic difference in my glutes, butt, and outer thighs. They are now firm and solid. My abs are also much firmer than before due to adding core workouts to my daily exercise routine. My cardio consists of biking (5 days a week) and using a weighted hula-hoop for 15-20 minutes on certain days. I do some resistance training with a medium resistance band. And I throw some squats, lunges, and other leg exercises/lifts into the mix. My at-home workout session consists of crunches, pushups, and more and it often goes on for 1-2 hours a day because I get so into it that I don't want to stop.

I know spot-reducing will not work. So what is a girl to do about her still flabby inner thighs? I don't want to lose any weight. It sucks when the rest of your body is toned, while your inner thighs look like a round flabby bulge on your inner leg. When I sit, you can see the fat there laying flat on the chair, and making my thighs look huge. Ew. Thanks in advance!

FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatsoNY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if u want to lose fat, regardless of where the fat is..i think ull have to go on a calorie deficit. id say a deficit of 300 or so.
    And also do a lot of squats (for your thighs).

Good luck.
    Last edited by FatsoNY; 05-26-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iam4KingAce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FatsoNY View Post
    if u want to lose fat, regardless of where the fat is..i think ull have to go on a calorie deficit.

Good luck.
    I second this statement.
    Qui audet adipiscitur

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're describing "skinny fat", which is due to having no muscle. Biking will only make very small improvements in muscle mass, taking you from "nothing" to "a little bit". In order to move beyond that, you need to be lifting weights. Not bands or bodyweight exercises, but heavy weights.

Regardless of improvements you've made to date, a 5'5" woman should not be cutting at 103 lbs. My wife is 5'1", weighs the same as you, and is trying to gain weight.

Get your diet planned out. Calories and macros are top priority.

- Get rid of your misconceptions
    - Calculate your calories and macros

Pick one of these:

Beginner Workout Programs:
    All Pro's Beginner Routine
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Starting Strength
    Ice Cream Fitness 5X5

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow, you're 24lbs lighter than me! I've been 108lbs myself so the problem to me is obvious - you have been undereating for so long that you've lost a great deal of muscle and your body fat/msucle ratio sucks. There are girls on here that weigh 20, even 30lbs heavier than you with lean thighs and no problems. Are you willing to gain weight over the long term to fix this? If not, you'll just have to deal with what you have. I look more 'toned' at 127lbs than I did at 108lbs, after 8 years of lifting.

Also, you probably have a body image problem when you are already underweight and saying "ew" about your thighs.

cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cduck44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Wow, you're 24lbs lighter than me! I've been 108lbs myself so the problem to me is obvious - you have been undereating for so long that you've lost a great deal of muscle and your body fat/msucle ratio sucks. There are girls on here that weigh 20, even 30lbs heavier than you with lean thighs and no problems. Are you willing to gain weight over the long term to fix this? If not, you'll just have to deal with what you have. I look more 'toned' at 127lbs than I did at 108lbs, after 8 years of lifting.

Also, you probably have a body image problem when you are already underweight and saying "ew" about your thighs.
    ^^ this. You must lift heavy and put on weight. Without seeing a pic to prove I am guessing the rest of your body isn't "toned", it's prob just small.

A friend of mine at work eats and lifts heavy weight but would be what most ppl refer to as "toned". Adding muscle will allow you to gain weight and look 10x better at 120ish. Oh and your body doesn't produce enough test to get "bulky".

And this friend of mine is strong(like weighted dips strong).

smilebaby123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's true. I had almost no muscle. But since I've started working out, my outer thighs are very solid and definitely not scrawny. My arms are okay, not a lot of muscle, but not fat either. I actually don't mind my arms being slender...I like it this way.

I actually don't know how I could have been undereating. I don't remember being starved as a kid. I was born a bit premature and at birth..I was already underweight at 5 pounds (I wasn't a twin either). I guess my body just does not gain weight normally. I am one of those people that can finish a bag of chips made for 4 people in one sitting. And when I eat and it tastes good, I want to eat more! I can finish one Subway footlong in one sitting.....no joke.

Only pet peeve is my inner thighs, oh and cellulite, but that's a whole other story. And to dispel some people who believe nothing works for cellulite and that it is "all genetic", biking worked for me. I'm not saying it is completely gone, but the appearance has dramatically improved in 2 months!

I guess maybe I do have to start lifting heavy weights. But how heavy? My boyfriend just bought these 40 lb weights for himself but I think that might be too much to start with for me. My boyfriend is skinny too. He actually looks skinnier than me! He's 5'10"-5'11" and I think under 130 lbs. I believe he even said 125 at one point, but I'm not sure. Bad memory. The difference lies in the fact that he is almost all lean muscle/bones and wants to bulk up. There is almost no visible fat on his body. I have more fat than muscle, hence I look "rounder".

luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50)

this
    “Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open? ” — Jalal ad-Din Rumi, Persian poet and mystic