Closed Thread
Page 1 of 333 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

AllPro: A Simple Beginner's Routine part III

Don't rep me for this thread, just continuing it since threads aren't allowed to go over 10k posts.
    ------------------------
    Part I:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    Part 2:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133395553

Read the FAQ Below before asking any questions please!

Originally Posted by all pro
    A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    Last edited by tential; 08-18-2012 at 09:21 AM.

tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    FAQ
    Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?
    A:
    This is explained in detail here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923

Q3: Will I gain muscle mass on this routine?
    A:
    despite what you may think, gaining muscle mass is not just about lifting weights; the training is just a catalyst, which will create the conditions necessary for new musclee to be built. However, to actually build that muscle, you need to eat at a calorie surplus (consume more calories than you burn). There is no way around this, and you will not be able to avoid having to do some simple calculations if you want results. To understand this, visit this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 and make sure to read and understand the entire first post by Emma. If you have any questions regarding diet, ask them in that thread. This is possibly the single most important thread you can read over here - if you will only read on thread, let it be that one.

Q4: I have never lifted before and I am completely out of shape. Is this routine appropriate for me?
    A:
    All Pro designed this routine with EXACTLY you in mind. It's perfect for you.

Q5: I have tested my 10 rep maxes for each exercise. I have already completed two full weeks of the first cycle, and the weights seem too low for me, I feel like I could lift much more! Should I increase the weight?
    A:
    first things first - avoid increasing weight mid-cycle and only do it with the beginning of the next cycle if necessary. Second, the routine is designed so that the first 2-3 weeks will feel relatively easy - this is true for everyone, and you are not superman for feeling the same thing. Finish the first cycle completely (full 5 weeks) without adding any weight to any exercise, even if it does feel too simple. If at the end of the 5th week of the first cycle you still feel that some of the weights are way too low, you may attempt to increase the weight by slightly more than 10% for the next cycle - however, this only makes sense if it was REALLY too easy for you. if it was just a "little" easy, you're better off sticking with the program. All of these dilemmas can be avoided if you simply test your 10 rep maxes for each exercise properly, so make sure to take your time doing that properly.

Q6: there is no triceps exercise in this routine, what gives?
    A:
    your triceps are being hit quite hard during both Bench Presses and the Overhead Presses - as a beginner, you do not need more than that. Do not add any extra triceps work or you are almost guaranteed to fail on either the BP's or the OHP's, or both.

Q7: I like doing pull-ups, push-ups, and standing on my head. Can I add in those exercises into the routine?
    A:
    do not add any extra exercises until you have completed a minimum of 3 cycles. Once you're going into the fourth, and you feel like you need to do some extra work on certain muscles, you can add an isolated assistance exercise for them - do only one set and at the very end of your routine (after calf raises). The assistance exercise follows the same rep scheme as all the other exercises. And do not ever add more than one assistance exercise per cycle - if you do so, and some of your other lifts stall, you won't know which of your new additions might have caused that stall. Stick to only adding one extra assistance exercise per cycle, up to a maximum of two (though I believe that is already pushing it). Only do this if you know and have solid reason to believe that you really do require that extra assistance work - if uncertain, ask in this thread, someone will surely help you out.

Q8: Why are there no regular Deadlifts in this routine, only stiff-legged deadlifts? I feel like a boss doing deadlifts
    A:
    there are two reasons for that:

1) Neither squats nor regular deadlifts address the posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, spinal erectors complex) properly. By doing squats + stiff-legged deadlifts, this problem is solved, and a balance is introduced.

2) Squats and regular deadlifts are two exercises that are very taxing to the central nervous system. As a beginner if you did both of those exercises on the same routine, you are more likely to burn out sooner than later. Stif-legged deadlifts solve this issue.

Q9: what type of extra cardio should I do?
    A:
    it is best that you do not overdo your cardio on this routine, since it can get you fatigued enough to hamper your performance in the gym. Two 30 minute jogging sessions (moderate heart rate or HIIT) per week should be enough. I would make sure that none of your cardio takes place on the day right before any of your heavy days. Do any cardio you want to do on rest days. Remember though that cardio is primarily good for your cardiovascular system's health - for fat loss, your diet will be far more important than any cardio that you do.

Q10: What type of ab workouts should I do?
    A:
    seems like everyone responds to different ab exercises, so you will just have to try for yourself and see which one works best for you. you can do cardio either on your off days, or on your work-out days right after the work-out, assuming you still have enough energy for them. if you go for crunches or similar, make sure to do them with extra weight - aim for 15 reps on the first week of the cycle, and add 2 extra reps per week for a total of 25 reps on week 5 of the cycle. Ab workout is not necessary for everybody though - your midsection is getting tons of workout in this routine since it acts as a stabilizer in basically every single exercise. So up to you to decide, though it's probably a good idea not to introduce cardio until after you've completed the entire first cycle. Start with one set, and if it does not hinder your performance in the other exercises - add a second set at the start of the next cycle.

Q11: Are there any videos that show how each exercise should be performed?
    A:
    there are tons of them online. A good place to get started is this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8FAF74A332E11464

Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A:
    as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...prightRow.html). This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though.

Q13: Can I use dumbbells instead of a barbell to perform the exercises in this routine?
    A:
    Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that the program was designed with a barbell in mind; some of these exercises are more difficult to perform correctly with dumbbells, not to mention that as the weights you lift increase, your grip on the dumbbells will become a limiting factor (not so with a barbell). Do everything you can to get your hands on a bar, and only use dumbbells as a last resort.

Q14: damn, I missed my medium training day due to [insert any reason here]. What should I do?
    A:
    if for some reason you are not capable of performing three exercises on a given week, you can perform only two, however both will then have to be heavy days. Allow a minimum of 2 rest days both before and after your second heavy day on such a week. However, doing this too often will hinder recovery - the routine was very carefully designed for 3 weekly workouts, and changing that should only be done in extreme cases.

Q15: So I managed to complete all reps for both work-sets for all exercises on my "test day" (heavy day of week 5). How much should I increase my weights for those exercises?
    A:
    You should add 10% to each exercise that you passed, and don't forget to include the weight of the bar. For example, if you use an Olympic 45 lbs. bar, and you load that with 55 lbs. for squats, you would increase the weight up to (55 + 45)*1,1 for the next cycle, which would make it 110 lbs (again, this includes the barbell).

Q16: So I have managed to complete all reps for all exercises on all workouts, except for the overhead press... I only managed to get 11 reps on the second work-set of week 5 heavy day for those... can I bump the weight up anyway for the next cycle? I mean come on, I only missed one rep... pretty please?
    A:
    You can already see by the sarcastic way the question above was phrased that the answer is going to be "no" you can only increase the weight for the next cycle by 10% if you manage to complete 12 reps for each work-set on heavy day of week 5. Not a single rep more, and not a single rep less. If you failed even a single rep, you will need to repeat the weight for that failed exercise for the duration of the entire next cycle (5 week period). This is a safe-guard designed to make sure you do not keep infinitely stalling on the same exercise and to give the involved muscles enough time to rest and recover for some more banging.

Q17: How do I know if I am a "Beginner" or not?
    A:
    A beginner is, generally speaking, anyone who cannot squat twice his body weight, and bench press 1,5 times his body weight, for one repetition. So if you weigh 200 lbs for example, you should be able to squat once for close to 400 lbs. and bench press once for close to 300 lbs, in order to be considered to have moved beyond the "beginner" stage. It has nothing to do with how long you have been lifting weights - there are many people who have been going to the gym for a few years and who are still considered beginners. As long as your lifts are noticeably below the threshold described above, you are still a beginner and you'll benefit greatly from this routine.

Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Future sticky

I didn't realize none of the people in the thread would remake it. It's over 10k posts which means it has to be closed otherwise it's deleted. Considering there may be useful information in it, I asked for it to be closed so that way it didn't get to 12-13k posts and be deleted since huge threads slow the forum down. I pmed a mod to replace this with the other one but I dunno if he is on.

Sorry for that, I forget that I'm a forum whore and would replace my own thread if I was extremely active in it. This is gone for a couple of hours and no one even makes a post about it here lol.

Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't see why they wouldnt replace it this is probably the most recommended plan on this site

Originally Posted by Marcusgs View Post
    I don't see why they wouldnt replace it this is probably the most recommended plan on this site
    Just have to patiently wait I guess for TheDuke to log on again.

JustBill1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you

New to the site, but have been following without signing up.

I just started this two days ago, so I am obviously on week 1 day 2. I can say for a FACT this has done more for me than ANYTHING I have ever tried. My muscles ache, my legs and thighs are sore, but I love it. Off to the gym for day 2. A million thanks for this simple routine that I know is going to do wonders for me. Through trial and error, I know I will FINALLY look how I want to look.

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on first page.

Thanks for keeping the FAQ near the top! I think it would be benefitial to include a note in the very first post (I believe many people will not read past it) to read the FAQ one post below before asking any questions

auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000) auriga is just really nice. (+1000)
    in on page one ... A second time. Guess the other part 3 just didnt ... Stick.
    Bleed success. Eat. Sleep. Mate. Defend. – Jim Wendler.

4/24/14 I was one of the 337 unfortunate souls. Never forget.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey all im home... i got lost out there looking for you all...lol
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First page! Great routine for anyone looking to start one. Just read the FAQ first!
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1rd page!

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i wonder if a mod could link us here to the part 2 thread?
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is a good thing with a solid first page...FAQ's & all!

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1st page!
    The floundering has ended.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I felt lost.
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Innnnnnnnnn

SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMcVicker91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was going to ask a question yesterday but couldn't post in the thread.

Now I forgot.

hm.

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had to jump on first page!!!

5 cycles and eating at a deficit.

Last edited by Skullster; 08-18-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

Originally Posted by syncmaster913n View Post
    In on first page.

Thanks for keeping the FAQ near the top! I think it would be benefitial to include a note in the very first post (I believe many people will not read past it) to read the FAQ one post below before asking any questions
    Done, any other changes that need to be made let me know soon. I'm going to be out with the woman later and she's going to be giving me a good cardio workout. So need changes soon.

Originally Posted by auriga View Post
    in on page one ... A second time. Guess the other part 3 just didnt ... Stick.
    I was unaware there was another Part 3 that someone made. I asked TheDuke to close Part 2 yesterday before I went to the gym and 6 hours later I didn't see a part 3. Only made it because I didn't see anyone else do it and this section shouldn't be without this program.
    Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    i wonder if a mod could link us here to the part 2 thread?
    I think it being at the TOP of the stickys makes it easy to find currently.

PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In. I was planning on making a write-up of the program after 3-4 cycles, but there is no need now with Part III + the FAQ

This program is the best! It has taken all the thinking out of working out, allowing me to go in, work hard, and get on with my life! Everything you need in a great routine is here for you, and has been implemented so simply that anybody can figure it out. Definitely do not overlook this program! I am getting stronger every week, and leaning out with All Pro's SBR combined with a sound diet. No BS will be found here!

edit: For prospective beginners looking for a routine, here is my progress so far from only 2 cycles of All Pro's SBR!

Others who have already posted here should edit their posts to include progress pics if you have them!
    Last edited by PapaPumpkin; 08-18-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skullster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by papapumpkin View Post

others who have already posted here should edit their posts to include progress pics if you have them!
    Done!
    Weighed - 281 lbs on 1/1/2012

▪█───────█▪ 6 Weeks to Shred ▪█───────█▪

6-8: 230.4 | 6-15: xxx.x | 6-22: xxx.x | 6-29: xxx.x | | Month Total: x.x lbs
    7-6: xxx.x | 7-13: xxx.x | 7-20: xxx.x || Month Total: 0.0 lbs
    Final Total: xxx.x lbs

~NitrogenWidget's One Year in the Green Crew - Feb 2012-Feb 2013~ = 76 lbs lost

~Army Veteran Crew~

Originally Posted by PapaPumpkin View Post
    In. I was planning on making a write-up of the program after 3-4 cycles, but there is no need now with Part III + the FAQ

This program is the best! It has taken all the thinking out of working out, allowing me to go in, work hard, and get on with my life! Everything you need in a great routine is here for you, and has been implemented so simply that anybody can figure it out. Definitely do not overlook this program! I am getting stronger every week, and leaning out with All Pro's SBR combined with a sound diet. No BS will be found here!

edit: For prospective beginners looking for a routine, here is my progress so far from only 2 cycles of All Pro's SBR!

Others who have already posted here should edit their posts to include progress pics if you have them!
    Stick with it for 6 months to a year and see a drastic change brah.

I don't have progress pics, or well not many of them as I've stopped and started this program a couple of times so I don't think they're that accurate of progress, but by the end of the year I should be extremely close to hitting that 1.5x body weight one rep max on my bench press. Can't wait for that day. I probably would get there by November if I switched to a barbell bench though.

PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, I estimate it will probably take me anywhere from 8 months to a year to get my squat and bench numbers out of beginner territory. Bench will take longer due to my dinky forearms.

sj3000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting this tomorrow - really cannot wait. I was even having trouble sleeping last night, thinking too much about it! New to weight training and for the past 3 months I've kinda been screwing around with a 3-day split, doing my own thing. I don't regret it - it's been good to get some experience and a feel for the different lifts (and I have noticed a difference), but I am really looking forward to committing myself to something like this which is tested and proven to GET RESULTS!

Have voraciously read many pages of this thread's previous incarnations.. will be sure to check in if I have any further queries.

MisterShep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wahey, first page. This is a great program, well recommended - I've just started Cycle 3. It's good to see the FAQ right at the top; hopefully it'll take longer for this to reach the length of the other threads as a result

poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1rd page!!

Lol, been thinking about trying this routine for a while now. Been doing SS, but stalling and looking for something a little more hypertrophy-oriented. Think this might do the trick! How has this routine worked for people for size gains?

GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreyArea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm starting this on Monday. I'm eating loads too. Time to bulk up! I'll take a picture each week.

Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tastudark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question.

I work out at home and it is time consuming changing the weights after each warm-up set / set. Sometimes I am pushed for time and have under an hour to complete the workout so would it be ok to do two sets of 35% of the work set weight rather than one set of 25% and one set of 50% for the warm up sets?

Sorry if it is a dumb question...im sure it ll be ok just wanted to check.

Originally Posted by Tastudark View Post
    I have a question.

I work out at home and it is time consuming changing the weights after each warm-up set / set. Sometimes I am pushed for time and have under an hour to complete the workout so would it be ok to do two sets of 35% of the work set weight rather than one set of 25% and one set of 50% for the warm up sets?

Sorry if it is a dumb question...im sure it ll be ok just wanted to check.
    That'd be better than not doing the workout at all. Maybe do a couple extra reps on the 2nd set to ensure you are warmed up.