rebuilding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

rehab-ing right tripep, arm

I was in a car accident about a year ago, and had to have surgery on my right arm. I now have a 12" plate and a dozen screws in my arm. Also, there is a lot of scar tissue from surgery. Needless to say, my right arm is now significantly weaker than my left. (Biceps are fairly equal, but right tricep is much weaker) This also affects my bench press, and any other excercise where triceps are involved. Also, certain excercises, such as close-grip press and skull crushers, put a lot of strain on my arm. How can I go about getting my right arm back up to speed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would rehab the tricep with pressdowns and dips. I think this could work because you are working the muscle with a pressing down motion instead of trying to pushing up. I would use moderate weight with a high rep range say 10-15 until movement, elasticity and strength are increased then I would add slightly more weight. It will take some time and give yourself that time. It is then that I would move to a light cg bench and a light skullcrusher. IMO you should learn how to walk again before you run.
    Goon

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would say to do one arm pressdowns and one arm reverse pressdowns for now.

Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000) Lats McGee is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My friend had some problems with his triceps about a year ago after an injury. He was having trouble doing regular dips so he ventured over to the dip machine and did them unilateral style. Not as good as parallel bars but it may be something worth trying coming off of an injury.
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't do just the arm that is lagging though. I would continue working synergistically with the other arm. Do not create an inequality,also, your other arm could simply take up some of the slack at the end when the reps are getting sticky.

**Goon**
    Goon

costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hope this helps

I would work with pullups to bringup the biceps, they have machines that assist with pullups in case you have trouble using your bodyweight, these machines allow you to use less than your bodyweight. For biceps I would perform dumbbell kickbacks, with kickbacks you can work your triceps individually. If you perform a tricep exercise that uses both arms at the same time then your stronger tricep will do most of the work, so perform exercise's that allow you to work the muscle individually, also I would not perform dips just yet if you don't think your arm is ready for it, dips put a lot of stress on the arms. Hope this helps
    Darkhead

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    see a phsyiotherapist........nobody on here is qualified to give you advice.

we don't know whta movements could injure you further (i.e., maybe something like heavy jm pressing could damage your arm further).

talk to a phsyiotherapist and ask them (show them the movement and describe what u had done), don't take random advice from strangers on the itnenret who don't even know your condition.
    Booo