Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Curious, just how big of celebrities are bodybuilders?

I understand they don't make nearly as much as other athletes(NBA and NFL stars)..but how luxurious of lives do these guys live and how big of celebrities are they? We had an amateur guy that lived around here for a couple years and people would idolize the guy...everybody knew who he was and he was like a celebrity...with that being said and him being only an amateur, is it safe to say that professional bodybuilders are in the spotlight? Just curious as to what you guys have to say...

pow! right in the kisser FOOTBALL FAN's Avatar
    FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) FOOTBALL FAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    say Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler could walk down the road and the majority of people wouldnt know who they are. they live comfortably nice houses enough money
    -TEAM COLEMAN-

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its all relative

in most any gym setting obviously theyd be a "big deal"

but as far as asking your mom what she thought of Ronnie Coleman, I doubt she has ever heard of him.
    "Humility comes before honor"

R.I.P. Grandma 5/12/07 user178944's Avatar
    user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah, X2 kinda obvious

Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Gettinbig86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, I mean..this guy would go to HS basketball games and all the attention would automatically be directed towards him...pretty funny actually

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    its also like that in other sports that ARENT "hollywood" type deals

baseball, football, basketball, soccer (especially outside the USA), NASCAR.....okay, the top 10 guys there are more or less "stars"

but what about these folks? do you know who they are?

1) Veselin Topalov
    2) Mike Weir
    3) Bubba Harris
    4) Michael Schumacher
    5) Astrid Kumbernuss

are they "famous"? Well, they are in their respective sports....but are they household names? not really

the way I keep it in perspective is to remember how "famous" current pro wrestlers are.....then I think of all the great athletes and artists etc that arent "famous"....then I realize fame is basically a joke.

or, look at it this way....there are guys in my gym who are fairly well built....looked at as the "top level" in my gym....yet they sort of dont know the difference between Serge Nubret and Sergio Oliva.....so if those 2 guys arent famous enough in their OWN sport to be well known today, lol, then it shows that fame aint all that

On alcohol fueled hiatus seanpatrickb's Avatar
    seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mike Weirs famous because golf is very popular, and if you know anything about golf, you know who mike weir is. And Michael Schumacher is insanely famous in europe i believe. But i dont know 1 or 5, and Bubba Harris isnt famous, although i know who he is. I think Bubba Harris would be a good comparison to the popularity of bodybuilders.

Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Crunchbar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Arnold is super famous but I think that is more because of his Hollywood career then BBIng,

One quick question about ARnold, why is he SOOOO famous in the bbing world? Was he that great of a bber or was he just like a famous celeb who also bbed so everyone knows him.

seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Haha, ^perfect example of how Arnolds known for his acting. Arnold brought a lot of interest to the sport, and pretty much dominated for a decade.

as far as bb'ers....think about it...everytime they appear on a TV talk show or something they are basically made a fool of....or handed a water bottle to blow up or something like that

if THATS being famous then Im glad im not, lol

edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    people who see pros dont always know who they are, but they want to
    exceeding any and all expectations

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The elite live like a family practice doctor- I stress elite.

Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Crunchbar View Post
    Arnold is super famous but I think that is more because of his Hollywood career then BBIng,

One quick question about ARnold, why is he SOOOO famous in the bbing world? Was he that great of a bber or was he just like a famous celeb who also bbed so everyone knows him.
    He'd just be another bodybuilder along with Dorian and Haney if he didn't get into movies.
    Bodybuilding is all about image not numbers, when you're up on stage your lifting stats and bodyfat % means nothing to the judges.

Yeah, except he was the first Dorian or Haney.

RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol @ you guys not knowing Michael Schumacher, he is so renound in pretty much all the world outside the US (i guess) that he's synonymous with driving. Say for example how everyone associates brad pitt with good looks, schumacher is the same with driving. He IS motorsport.

jthrowfar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthrowfar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post

baseball, football, basketball, soccer (especially outside the USA), NASCAR.....okay, the top 10 guys there are more or less "stars"

1) Veselin Topalov
    2) Mike Weir
    3) Bubba Harris
    4) Michael Schumacher
    5) Astrid Kumbernuss

are they "famous"? Well, they are in their respective sports....but are they household names? not really

the way I keep it in perspective is to remember how "famous" current pro wrestlers are.....then I think of all the great athletes and artists etc that arent "famous"....then I realize fame is basically a joke.

or, look at it this way....there are guys in my gym who are fairly well built....looked at as the "top level" in my gym....yet they sort of dont know the difference between Serge Nubret and Sergio Oliva.....so if those 2 guys arent famous enough in their OWN sport to be well known today, lol, then it shows that fame aint all that
    Astrid-

Everyone knows who she is right?? She is one of the greatest female shotputters of all time. Also pretty hot ( not that it matters)

no bro, lol...probably only 1% on this forum would know who she is

most here would not know the names Randy Barnes or Brian Oldfield or Ulf Timmerman or Werner Gunthor.

I have never seen these names in bb'ing type mags etc, lol......the only reason I know them is because I have done a ton of studying of strength routines etc.

I have great admiration for throwers

btw I think Astrid is somewhat hot myself

jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jiboom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    number 1 (topalov) is a chess player, ranked number 1 and just lost to kramnik in world championship game. If you had put garry kasparov then more people would have got the chess player

As for schuey not being famous outside Europe, well when Tiger Woods watched Federer win US open (his 4th slam final, 3rd slam title) he was qutoed as saying despite his and Federer's domination he rated Scuey as the top sportsman.

Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no bro, lol...probably only 1% on this forum would know who she is

most here would not know the names Randy Barnes or Brian Oldfield or Ulf Timmerman or Werner Gunthor.

I have never seen these names in bb'ing type mags etc, lol......the only reason I know them is because I have done a ton of studying of strength routines etc.

I have great admiration for throwers

btw I think Astrid is somewhat hot myself
    She's got a great SIDE/CHEST

http://www.indymedia.no/usermedia/im...mbernuss01.jpg

amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amigoingtodie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    besides top guys like ronnie and jay, most have a normal job like eveyone else and live in an average house

pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinchharmonic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its all relative

in most any gym setting obviously theyd be a "big deal"

but as far as asking your mom what she thought of Ronnie Coleman, I doubt she has ever heard of him.

you should hope all your moms have never heard of ronnie coleman.

spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10) spoonman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The great thing about being a pro bodybuilder is you dont need fame persay!

People would look at you and know! They may not know your name but theyd know you're a bodybuilder.

With all these other actors, they would have to see the face to realize they were famous but if a bodybuilder walks into a room, everyone automatically notices how huge he is and that he is a bodybuilder. Thats fame in itself.
    ================================
    Unlock the true potential of all your supplements: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=820217

paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paolo2k2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    you should hope all your moms have never heard of ronnie coleman.
    lol hahahaha
    Stats:
    Months of Training: 18
    Start Weight:110
    Height: 5'7
    Weight:158
    Bench: 205 x 2
    Squat: 185 x 8 :( injury
    Deadlift: 225 x 6
    Curl : 50 x 5
    Dip:Body plus 55 x 7
    Bent Over Row: 155 x 6

Never Satisfied colombianofreak's Avatar
    colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000) colombianofreak is just really nice. (+1000)

except

1) Veselin Topalov
    2) Mike Weir
    3) Bubba Harris
    4) Michael Schumacher
    5) Astrid Kumbernuss

maybe not in the states but schumaucher is really famous around the world. especially in Europe. he's was worth $800 million...and that was years back when I read it in some magazine. He's gotta be over a billion.

ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100) ozzyfan is not very well liked. (-100)
    outside the world of gay muscle worship, pro bbers are a laughing stock. People look at them as freaks with mental issues. Why have muscles for the sake of muscles??

mrwellhung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not famous like other top professionals

More people know and recognize Ron Jeremy than Ronnie Coleman. Having a well hung package is better than having big muscles if you want people to recognize you.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)

1) Veselin Topalov
    2) Mike Weir
    3) Bubba Harris
    4) Michael Schumacher
    5) Astrid Kumbernuss

most people at leats know the name
    4) Michael Schumacher

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Crunchbar View Post

Arnolds physique is unqiue in that it appeals to almost everyone from your at home soccer mom to your hardcore gym bodybuilders. His physique is something most people idolize yet many are not appauled by at the same time. He also had some of the best aesthetics with mass of anyone ever on stage.

PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just recently, I walked into Sky Harbor Airport (Phoenix) baggage claim with Jay and several people recognized him....some said, "aren't you Mr. Olympia?" and a few said, "Jay Cutler?".....so he does get recognized a lot.
    United States Navy Veteran - GO NAVY!

Originally Posted by PhoenixBuff View Post
    Just recently, I walked into Sky Harbor Airport (Phoenix) baggage claim with Jay and several people recognized him....some said, "aren't you Mr. Olympia?" and a few said, "Jay Cutler?".....so he does get recognized a lot.
    Nothing against him but id say most of Jay and Ronnies fame is attributed mostly to supplement ads and magazine covers rather then anything having to do with mr olympia and actual bodybuilding. Ask most of thse people who knew jay what is actual training is like and what Ronnies is like, I doubt most of them would have nay clue.