Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500) d3v is not very helpful. (-500)

Hardgainer determined by wrist size?

I'm reading a book on bodybuilding and the author says the smaller your wrists and ankles are the harder it will be to put on muscle. He dosen't say anything else on the matter so does anyone here know anything more about this becuase i'd like to measure my potential this way.

onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onestrongmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't say i have ever heard that but, i am no expert. Personally i think that seems like a pretty bad way to go about measuring how hard of a time a person will have gaining muscle. I have never stopped to measure anyone's wrist or ankles but there are certainly times at the gym when i have seen skinny ppl do alot for their weight

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It could... But wrist & ankle size would be more of an indicator to your genetic limit. Your wrists and ankles reflect the size of your overall bone structure, and the maximum amount of muscle they could carry (naturally)

Things like your health level (ability to recover) and test. levels would affect how fast you gain muscle.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I'm reading a book on bodybuilding and the author says the smaller your wrists and ankles are the harder it will be to put on muscle. He dosen't say anything else on the matter so does anyone here know anything more about this becuase i'd like to measure my potential this way.

I'm gonna have to go with hell yeah on this one. Small boned guys have a hard time establishing the "thick" look despite years of training and/or higher bodyweights. Also, when a small boned guys loses 10lbs it will look appear as if he lost double that amount. I should know. I am one of them. At 220 I look like I am around 212. At 210 I look like I am 190lbs. My bonestructure makes me look a lot smaller than what I really am in some clothes where only my tiny wrists and ankles are visible. It sucks.
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 11-29-2006 at 08:50 PM.

GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhengisCon79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a good indication of one's genetic potential can be determined by looking at that person's "untrained" forearms and calves. if you got toothpicks, dont expect to get hyooooooooge.

Im that way myself, but it is possible to put on a good amount of mass regardless.

legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GhengisCon79 View Post
    a good indication of one's genetic potential can be determined by looking at that person's "untrained" forearms and calves. if you got toothpicks, dont expect to get hyooooooooge.

Im that way myself, but it is possible to put on a good amount of mass regardless.
    I dont know about calves. I'm asian and most asian people (esp my dad) have HUGE calves. Or at least the illusion of huge calves because the muscle is much lower as our achilles tendon is shorter. So while my dad has really skinny arms, his calves look gigantic. I've never measured them but they look huge.

I've heard that arm size and calves should be the same size for balance. Well my arms are 15inches and my calves are 18inches and I never train them (i'm not saying I have big calves but they look big in proportion to the rest of my body)

My wrists are 7 inches btw. How does that compare to everyone else? I love my Myotape.
    TYIA

Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by legends159 View Post
    I've heard that arm size and calves should be the same size for balance. Well my arms are 15inches and my calves are 18inches and I never train them (i'm not saying I have big calves but they look big in proportion to the rest of my body)

My wrists are 7 inches btw. How does that compare to everyone else? I love my Myotape.

You sounds the like the asian version of me LOL....my arms were 15" when my calves hit 18" a few years back...now 17"+ and 19" or so...race to 20" LOL
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V5RED [/i]
    [B]lets say ronnie is a pepperoni and sausage pizza

The crust is thick and firm, not too soft not too hard, just right to chew the cheese is thick and gooey but not sloppy and no oil pools the pepperonis and sausage bits are perfectly evenly spaced out and taste great the sauce is full of flavor and a perfect blend of tomato and spices
    but, covering the middle of the pizza in a circle that takes up half the pizza
    is a giant turd. Will you eat the pizza? or will you pick a pizza that has everything together even tho its not as amazing as the first pizza, because unlike the first pizza it has no turd on it
    a distended gut on an otherwise amazing phisique is like a giant turd on an otherwise perfect pizza [/B][/QUOTE]

/\ Trollin deez posts \/ Legolas69's Avatar
    Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Small wrists are indicative of lower levels of natural testosterone, so it may be partially true.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Don't waste your time. People love dreaming up excuses. I can see it now, skinny guys here measuring their wrists and telling themselves "yeah, I knew it, I'm a hardgainer."

It's true some guys have a much easier time building muscle, the classic 'mesomorph' types, and many of them were big before they even started lifting weights, but so what? Instead of sitting around thinking about possible limits, commit yourself to giving 100%.

I can tell you this now, VERY FEW people do everything right for long enough to see results. Are you eating enough? If you're eating 3000 a day and you're still not growing, eat 3500. Not working? 4000. Keep going until the weight goes on. Are you taking in enough protein? Are you making weight progression a priority or are you pumping light weights? Are you following a solid training plan? Are you hitting everything hard (legs, back, chest, shoulders) or are you wasting a lot of time doing curls? Are you getting enough sleep? The list goes on. Once again, VERY FEW people have all those things dialed in long enough to reach their potential. It's a lot easier to sit around making excuses.

F*ck that. I started out as a freaking rake and I've put on over 100lbs in 4 years. It's worked for me because I haven't made excuses. There are plenty of guys here who started out the same way and have made awesome progress.

Dedicate yourself to giving 100%, no compromises, no excuses. It sure beats sitting around bitching about **** you can't change.

MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000)
    GREAT post Dom!!

Re: protein intake:
    I'm about180 cm and 220 lbs, my bf has gone up a bit - I am not FAT but it's def. not low. Anyway, just give an idea about my LBM.

Currently I take in a LOT of carbs from rice and chocolate milk and stuff. I was considering cutting down a little on carbs and taking more protein. I just added it together, and I am on about 260 grams of protein. Well that WAS less than I expected. Wouldn't you recommend cutting back a little on carbs and taking in more protein (and hitting the same cal. level)?

dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have very small wrists, and I used to have skinny forearms and calves, however, I cannot agree with anyone that it determines how huge you get. I was a pretty skinny kid, and I started to lift and I got pretty big pretty quick. People thought I juiced. I am not claiming to be really big, cuase I know a lot of people are muhc much bigger than me. I am just saying that wrist, forearm and calve sizes cannot accurately determine how big you can get. I am way off my potential and I am a pretty good size, I just build quickly
    I was very fortunate to live in this time when bodybuilding was embraced by Hollywood, embraced by doctors, embraced by the world.
    -Joe Gold

I say we get that embracement back!

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep in mind people, smaller joints also make the illusion of being bigger because the same amount of muscle will look more developed.

When given the right anabolic environment, anybodys muscles are forced to grow.
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have tiny wrists and hands, however i was able to bulk up to 270 at max 16% bf (my height is 5'8'')

PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have small wrists, and in two years I've gone from at 5'10" 155lbs to 235lbs. That's an 80 pound gain in only two years (damn stretchmarks). Stop making excuses.

Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by legends159 View Post
    I dont know about calves. I'm asian and most asian people (esp my dad) have HUGE calves. Or at least the illusion of huge calves because the muscle is much lower as our achilles tendon is shorter. So while my dad has really skinny arms, his calves look gigantic. I've never measured them but they look huge.

Please don't ever make a stupid thoughtless generalization like that again. Maybe you just have a weird body, ever thought of that?

Relative calf size in Asians are about the same as in Caucasians.

LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have extremely thin wrists and ankles but i have seen people as thin gain muscle, i think its like everyone has stated, just all comes down to the amount of time, dedication, and hard work you are putting in..

this leads me to something i was wondering, my father is real real skinny, hes maybe 150lbs max, but my grandfather is and has always been 6'5 240(with little body fat)..basically what i am wondering is does grandparents go into your genetics in this respect or is it mainly just your immediate parents, i know question may sound stupid but i have done some reading and couldnt really found a definate answer

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Complete BS.

Instead of reading crap like this you should be lifting or eating.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Complete BS.

Instead of reading crap like this you should be lifting or eating.
    I'm eating while I am reading this. I am also curling a dumbell in my left hand.

kazuma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm at the beginning of my lifting career. Right now, my wrists are quite small, BUT, my legs seems to be on the bigger for a nonfat person who doesn't (in the past) work out, and my back might be similar to my legs in this case.

MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dominik said it all- Stop looking for excuses to why you're not gaining. The problem is right in front of you, you'r not working hard enough. Get your diet in order and your workouts intense and results WILL come no matter how toothpicky your f***in wrists are.

homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000) homer1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interesting subject.

I would stop reading that bodybuilding book, as it's probably full of a lot of crap.

But anyways, there is an indirect correlation for some. It's a lot like feet or hands. But it's not like it's the end-all. There's really no true definition for hardgainer, except someone with a high metabolism.

And there is a simple cure for this diagnosis: FOOD.

Small wrists, feet, ears, hands, etc. may be an indication of how big your body was meant to be, but it is far from a reliable source of information.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    I'm eating while I am reading this. I am also curling a dumbell in my left hand.
    haha...

But in all seriousness, I have small bones as well. I only weigh 140, yet people generally estimate me at about 160.

However, as far as weight loss goes, what you said is true. Losing just a few pounds makes a drastic difference.

EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvanGR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have very (very) small wrists. And hands. They forgot to grow. And I am a hardgainer. My legs however look a lot thicker and bulkier (as if I am a different bodytype from the waist down).

I get a defined look but haven't been muscular (yet). The weights I lift are still a fraction of the weights I see other people *starting* with. I am especially afraid when I bench press, I am afraid my hands/wrists might break and have the bar land on my face (ouch).

Nevertheless... I am now stronger than I used to be! And I look better than I used to look. And my goal is to be able to repeat the exact same lines a few months from now.

Dominik's post is great and I am with him 100%. You do the best with what you have. Excuses are extremely catabolic.

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think i heard this from my friend before. its something with your bone structure. if you put your thumb and middle finger, and it touches, its good structure. if it overlaps, you have poor bone structure. and if they dont touch, i forgot. im not really sure about this though.i just remember hearing it from a friend
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) youjustmight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by neworleans View Post
    i think i heard this from my friend before. its something with your bone structure. if you put your thumb and middle finger, and it touches, its good structure. if it overlaps, you have poor bone structure. and if they dont touch, i forgot. im not really sure about this though.i just remember hearing it from a friend
    doesnt make any sense at all u punjab cuunt

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's definitely some correlation there, but as with any statistic, there are plenty of exceptions. Especially if you take steroids ;p

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm reading a book on bodybuilding and the author says the smaller your wrists and ankles are the harder it will be to put on muscle.
    Meh, my wrists are very small, and I'm not exactly a dainty flower.

There are always plenty of external excuses why something hasn't come easily. Rarely do people admit to the internal ones. [not that the author of this book was suggesting it]
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hardgainer=super fat loser

so what if it takes a bit longer to put on muscle, how long does it take that person to take off fat?

all things being equal i think i would rather have a easier time cutting than bulking.

endomorph,ectomorph both have super powers, one gains easy muscle, one easily cuts fat

just dont wear a cape
    Eat for what you are about to do, not for what you have already done.

if i don't know how to cut ,why would i be bold enough to bulk?

'Failure' isn't a requirement for growth, but progression is.

http://www.********.com/pages/Romans-fitness/193327960714025

JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnKIV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Don't waste your time. People love dreaming up excuses. I can see it now, skinny guys here measuring their wrists and telling themselves "yeah, I knew it, I'm a hardgainer."

It's true some guys have a much easier time building muscle, the classic 'mesomorph' types, and many of them were big before they even started lifting weights, but so what? Instead of sitting around thinking about possible limits, commit yourself to giving 100%.

I can tell you this now, VERY FEW people do everything right for long enough to see results. Are you eating enough? If you're eating 3000 a day and you're still not growing, eat 3500. Not working? 4000. Keep going until the weight goes on. Are you taking in enough protein? Are you making weight progression a priority or are you pumping light weights? Are you following a solid training plan? Are you hitting everything hard (legs, back, chest, shoulders) or are you wasting a lot of time doing curls? Are you getting enough sleep? The list goes on. Once again, VERY FEW people have all those things dialed in long enough to reach their potential. It's a lot easier to sit around making excuses.

F*ck that. I started out as a freaking rake and I've put on over 100lbs in 4 years. It's worked for me because I haven't made excuses. There are plenty of guys here who started out the same way and have made awesome progress.

Dedicate yourself to giving 100%, no compromises, no excuses. It sure beats sitting around bitching about **** you can't change.
    I 100% percent agree on this. I do believe that wrist size and bone structure does have a factor but it doesnt mean it is impossible to put on weight.

Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Exactly what the above posters said. Mesomorph, Ectomorph, Endomorph, those are just guidelines. Everyone can grow given they know how to. Also, remember small wrists are perfect for the development of an Apollonian physique, which can highly surpass mesomorphic-type (herculean) physiques, in terms of aesthetics. Think Zane or Wheeler.