Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gatorade?!?!

BengalsFanatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Gatorade?!?!

Is it allright to drink gatorade while you are working out or should i dirnk water instead during work out

Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hulk06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've always drank gatorade instead of water(well, water too) when I train, and it seems to work alright.
    5'8'' 207 13 percent bodyfat
    225x26 bench
    11.01 100 meter dash
    90 lb db shoulder presses(x2)
    powerclean 265
    squat and dead maxes to come

17.5'' arms
    47.4'' chest

mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Both is fine, gatorade just provides electrolytes. When I take gatorade, I just mix it with water, so its no to rough on my stomach during workout while still getting the minimal benefits of gatorade.

BengalsFanatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Allright i was just wondering since it has alot of sugar

Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nono...

Drink water...

How hard is it? Drink water. Not water with sugar in it. Not water with extra synthetically produced potassium in it. Just drink plain'ole water. Water with a W, and not Gatorade with a G. Gatorade is full of sugar and CAN NOT be used to CLEAN your body. You will utilize the ingredial water content in much the same way as you would a water-only beverage (including trace minerals and substances), but your body cannot make full use of it for cleaning and digestive preparation. Get over the sugar dependency and instead spend that money on a good water filter and a large, re-usable water bottle.

Gatorade is very useful to career athletes, like football players, but degrades in usefulness when the time of physical activity is shortened. Last I checked, an intelligent body builder never had to spend 5 hours running around while wearing insulating pounds of protective gear under a full, dead-heat sun. If you're doing this during your normal workouts, prepare for loss of gain time and injury.

Answer: You, as a body builder, do not NEED gatorade. It's doing more harm than good, even if it's just a little bottle. Get real water and stop fooling around. If you have a good diet, you haven't depleted your electrolyte / fluid ratio enough to worry... That is, unless you're also a football or soccer player. They actual BENEFIT from something like this.

Don't waste your money. Buy a filter and drink real, hardcore fluids. Water.
    yayay for muscle...<.< >.>...ya...*cough*...*cricket chirping*

bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think you might take things a bit....too seriously? gatorade provides potassium, sodium, and WATER(the main ingredient), which are all lost when intensely training. its a good idead to replenish your body with all of those nutrients.
    ronnie coleman is a lardass.
    benching max - 495
    bicepts curl - 225

tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    drink water

thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    gatorade, only if your workout will be exceeding an hour.
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class" -Travis Ortmayer

yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yankeefan22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink gatorade during games/practices (which are 2+ hours) where I'm dripping with sweat, and water when I'm lifting (usually an hour) and not sweating as heavily

Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pyro_Orip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bodydynamics
    i think you might take things a bit....too seriously? gatorade provides potassium, sodium, and WATER(the main ingredient), which are all lost when intensely training. its a good idead to replenish your body with all of those nutrients.

Which come in feverishly high amounts in ANY good diet. You get those nutrients basically regardless of what you eat otherwise, so long as you're getting real food that has actual vitamin and mineral content. Such food could be something like a banana or an apple. You know... things your body can actually recognize and use.

I would also like to note that the main ingredient in sodas is water. Just because it flows and just because it has one good thing in it DOES NOT mean it should be used in place of any one of those ingredients out of convenience.

Anyway, I'm taking nothing too seriously. It does sort of piss me off that the information on this site is run by the all-too-popular teen bodybuilding forum, however. It's lingering effects are evident throughout the entire website.

Besides the points I make, most of you will insist on eating an enormous meal right after working out. If you do, you're already getting what replenishment you need in concern to electrolytes and water soluble vitamins and minerals. Like I said, if you don't care about your body, at least don't waste your money.

Yankee has the right idea.

ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExTeenager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it alright to have Gatorade and Glutamine in the same workout?

Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never ever drink gatorade before lifting/working out because I will cramp like no tommorow, that sugar kills me. I sometimes drink gatorade during lifting, but not running because its hard on my stomach.

Gatorade is the best thing to drink AFTER a workout.

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Pyro_Orip
    Drink water...

How hard is it? Drink water. Not water with sugar in it. Not water with extra synthetically produced potassium in it. Just drink plain'ole water. Water with a W, and not Gatorade with a G. Gatorade is full of sugar and CAN NOT be used to CLEAN your body. You will utilize the ingredial water content in much the same way as you would a water-only beverage (including trace minerals and substances), but your body cannot make full use of it for cleaning and digestive preparation. Get over the sugar dependency and instead spend that money on a good water filter and a large, re-usable water bottle.

Gatorade is very useful to career athletes, like football players, but degrades in usefulness when the time of physical activity is shortened. Last I checked, an intelligent body builder never had to spend 5 hours running around while wearing insulating pounds of protective gear under a full, dead-heat sun. If you're doing this during your normal workouts, prepare for loss of gain time and injury.

Answer: You, as a body builder, do not NEED gatorade. It's doing more harm than good, even if it's just a little bottle. Get real water and stop fooling around. If you have a good diet, you haven't depleted your electrolyte / fluid ratio enough to worry... That is, unless you're also a football or soccer player. They actual BENEFIT from something like this.

Don't waste your money. Buy a filter and drink real, hardcore fluids. Water.
    Negged for overreacting. He never said he NEEDED it, or that he was going to burn more calories than a rabbit during mating season, he was just ASKING. A simple "no, you can get your electrolytes from another source" would suffice. Your 3 paragraph rant is almost completely useless.

Anyways, here is my opinion. You don't need gatorade. If you sweat alot, it wouldn't hurt, to keep you going. I prefer water, much cheaper. Beware of the sugar in gatorade. Some sport drinks like propel calcium have no sugar, so they are better. IMO, unless you are going to exert ALOT of energy, sport drinks are not necessary.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) theMZA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just walk over to the water fountain and drink water, gatorade isnt even good for you it has way too much sugar

CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CRyan64 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i read this in a fitness magazine lol. it had a chart showing recovery when refilling with nothing/water/ or gatorade. gatorade gave the most recovery.

jb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CRyan64
    i read this in a fitness magazine lol. it had a chart showing recovery when refilling with nothing/water/ or gatorade. gatorade gave the most recovery.
    Guess who paid to have that chart put in that mag? When you only work out for 45 minutes-1 hour, whether you hydrate yourself with gatorade of water isn't as important since you have a pre and post workout meal. I mean it is a little different if you are starting two ways during a football game and drink it during half time, but most of us only spend an hour max in gym. You just don't need all the **** that is in there.

Everybody loves me CoreMaster75's Avatar
    CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pour half of the bottle into a different container to save for later, and fill the gatorade still in the bottle up with water. Replenshing, but not too much sugar or bad stuff.
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thebeast1
    lol, may i ask where this information came from??

h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) h0ckeyfreek20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thebeast1
    and you came up with this how?
    Age- 18 as of 8/20
    Bench 295x1, 255x5, 225x11
    Deadlifts- 355 x 4, 315x10, 275x15
    DB military- 85sx10
    squat- 245x20
    Dips- bw+135x3 (three plates)
    Rows- 205x10

Pity is given, respect is earned

Location: Laughing at some tool with ILS (Invisible Lat Syndrome)--- danj112

Vegetarian Bodybuilder TimboBandit's Avatar
    TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't drink gatorade during your workout because any sugary sports drink will inhibit growth hormone production. Postworkout is fine, I always have a gatorade on the drive home from the gym.

imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TimboBandit
    Don't drink gatorade during your workout because any sugary sports drink will inhibit growth hormone production. Postworkout is fine, I always have a gatorade on the drive home from the gym.
    what?? where the hell did you read this kind of information?
    I eat for purpose, not pleasure

Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HOW ABOUT YOU STOP POSTING OPINIONS, GIVE HIM REAL INFO!!!

FACT: Gatorade 1/2 during workout 1/2 after, then protein shake 30 minutes after that.

GATORADE releases INSULIN which in turn quickly transports many needed nutrients to the muscles after you have killed them in the gym. Please stop posting on things some of you have NO Idea about.

swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thats more like it

Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by swaptrex
    thats more like it
    I cant believe some of the posts!

Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iliketolift

FACT: Gatorade 1/2 during workout 1/2 after, then protein shake 30 minutes after that.

GATORADE releases INSULIN which in turn quickly transports many needed nutrients to the muscles after you have killed them in the gym. Please stop posting on things some of you have NO Idea about.
    Gatorade contains dextrose, which when consumed causes the body to release insulin ...+ (what you said)...

I don't recommend drinking gatorade, it costs WAY too much for what it does.
    You can just add dextrose to water for a much cheaper price. Gatorade can help fight dehydration (anyone who knows anything about sodium levels in the body...or watched a gatorade commercial) will tell you that.

Originally Posted by Pyro_Orip View Post
    Which come in feverishly high amounts in ANY good diet. You get those nutrients basically regardless of what you eat otherwise, so long as you're getting real food that has actual vitamin and mineral content. Such food could be something like a banana or an apple. You know... things your body can actually recognize and use.

I would also like to note that the main ingredient in sodas is water. Just because it flows and just because it has one good thing in it DOES NOT mean it should be used in place of any one of those ingredients out of convenience.

Anyway, I'm taking nothing too seriously. It does sort of piss me off that the information on this site is run by the all-too-popular teen bodybuilding forum, however. It's lingering effects are evident throughout the entire website.

Besides the points I make, most of you will insist on eating an enormous meal right after working out. If you do, you're already getting what replenishment you need in concern to electrolytes and water soluble vitamins and minerals. Like I said, if you don't care about your body, at least don't waste your money.
    True and untrue, you make it sound like it's a bad idea after a workout.

Originally Posted by Iliketolift View Post

lo freakin' l, my post over 3 years ago. It's close to being right, but you should drink it all AFTER your workout, with some high leucine bcaas, monohydrate and I mix gatorade 1/2 and 1/2 pure dextrose. If anyone has an idea how to make the dextrose palatable without artificial flavor I'm all ears.

KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GATORADE PUSSeY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit"

Deadlift:315
    Bench:225x3
    Box Squat:300x5
    Closegrip:200
    Incline Bench:205

maxes are of summer '09

I rep back 100% of the time, every time.

tim0789 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally drink water just by choice, but I had a personal trainer who swore by gatorade during/after workouts. I'm sure it's got benefits, I just prefer water.

pdxpumped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdxpumped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdxpumped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdxpumped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdxpumped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are better options, and really most people don't train for a long enough period to be worried about electrolytes. If it fits within your caloric guidelines you'll be fine though.

Be aware that pre-bottled sports drinks are usually full HFCS these days, which is roughly half fructose. The powdered version of Gatorade contains some dextrose, but the bottled stuff usually lists HFCS as the second ingredient. Not really the ideal carb for "insulin spiking" if that's what you're going for.
    http://pdxpumped.com <--- PDX Pumped: fitness and lifetsyle blog.
    http://www.********.com/pages/PDX-Pumped/296103527844 <--- PDX Pumped on ********
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dirty-bulking-why-you-need-to-know-the-dirty-truth.htm <--- Latest article