Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Starting a fitness competition at my college... help?

I am planning on starting a fitness competition at my college. I really don't know where to start, so that's why I'm posting here. Here's my goal/vision of what I want to create:

I want to start a competition based on the best body transformation over 14 weeks (a semester). I want to start with an even playing field to encourage the largest number of participants, which is why I decided the winner should be based on transformation. I was thinking that I would hold an initial "weigh-in and picture taking" event where all the participants would register, get weighed, have body fat percentage measured, and have their picture taken in a few different poses. Then, a similiar event will be held at the end of the 14 weeks where the same things will happen and a panel of judges will determine the top few competitors, who will then be voted on by everyone in order to determine our winner.

Right now, this is only a rough sketch. I'm looking for links of how to run a competition similar to this, or general information on directing fitness competitons and making the rules, etc. Also, since the proceeds form this will most likely be going to charity, I would like advice on how to maximize our sponsorhips and profits. Thanks in advance for all beneficial information.
    Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. You need to eat 6 clean meals a day, making sure you are in a calorie deficit. Include lots of green vegetables and lean sources of protein. You should still lift heavy, but add in HIIT cardio 3 times a week. Do this and your abs will show in no time

"The dating game is just a game and *I* am the prize." -Some famous PUA

Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Someonecool17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone?
    Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. You need to eat 6 clean meals a day, making sure you are in a calorie deficit. Include lots of green vegetables and lean sources of protein. You should still lift heavy, but add in HIIT cardio 3 times a week. Do this and your abs will show in no time

carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the idea is great but honestly how many people do you think would take part? plus your judging idea is really going to benefit the over weight people, because in 14 weeks you can loose a lot of weight, but wont gain all that much muscle. so the bodyfat test will straight away side to the heavier people. honestly it seems more like a weight loss competiton to me and not a fitness comp, if your going to call it fitness and want sponcers to back it then there will have to be an actual fitness element to the grand finally lets say.

the organising part would be easy, its getting people to take part that i think will be your problem. when i was at college i stared a weight lifting club (small college, 3000 students) 30 people signed up, and after a meeting with the 30people answering questions they had and telling them what the club would entail, i was left with 15, then after the first session i was down to 6, thoses six stuck with it and now 2 years later ar all still lifting on a regular basis. after all the effort i put in and only 6 peoples lives changed for the better, was it worth all my time and money??? of course, if only one person had stuck with it it would have been woth it.

so i say go with your idea but plan it well and expect a poor turn out,that way if you get a good number its happy days! i do admire your aspiration to try run such an eventand wish you sucess with it but i would be unsure of peoples dedication to it.

keep us posted.....
    "I see greatness in my future, tomorrows greatness will be the next days past, and each day there after, that greatness shall be surpassed"

Thanks carlow, you gave me some good stuff to think about.

carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey so any more thought on the fitness comp?
    "I see greatness in my future, tomorrows greatness will be the next days past, and each day there after, that greatness shall be surpassed"