Thread: Before Pics

andyvti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Before Pics

I just thought that I would post a couple of pics up, I am rather small I know but hopefully you guys 'n gals can give me some sound advice on bulking up. I used to train around 2yrs ago but i stopped and i have now started again.

Im currently taking some supps for weight gain.
    Im 22yrs old and weigh a very tiny 158.7 lbs

im finding it particulary hard to get a good workout on my chest/pecs
    Attached Images

Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Endeavourer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome... bulking is needed for sure, first, eat healthy, divide to 5 - 6 meals a day, eat carbs, but not junk, lot of protein, lot of training, draw up a dieting plan.

A search on the net will give up heaps of information regarding to your diet and training, and... Be patient.
    Endeavour's Journal:
    > http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124072981

RIP Sweetie 2006-2010 Macrobolic's Avatar
    Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by andyvti
    I just thought that I would post a couple of pics up, I am rather small I know but hopefully you guys 'n gals can give me some sound advice on bulking up. I used to train around 2yrs ago but i stopped and i have now started again.

Im currently taking some supps for weight gain.
    Im 22yrs old and weigh a very tiny 158.7 lbs

im finding it particulary hard to get a good workout on my chest/pecs
    This is a good article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne23.htm

Also, I am going to do some assumptions here. I am assuming that you are somewhat active (workouts not taken into consideration) and that you want to maintain your bodyfat levels but gain muscular weight.

Try working up to 2400 calories a day. You should get around 270 g complex carbs, 210 g protein, 55 g fat every day, more than these on days you workout.

Now, you are probably not consuming that much food right now, so work up slowly and give your stomach time to get used to that much food. You also want to eat that with 5-6 meals a day. After 3-4 weeks, you can then raise/lower the intake based on muscle/fat gain.

As for workouts, just start with the basics. Squats (or in a smith machine or do leg press if squats are not possible), Deadlifts, Military (overhead) press, Bench press, Bentover rows, dips, Chinups. you could also include some auxillary exercises.

This might look like this:

Monday:
    Squats
    Leg Extensions
    Stifflegged Deadlifts
    Leg Curls
    Standing Calf Raises
    Seated Calf Raises

Wednesday:
    Bench Press
    Bench Flyes (or incline flyes)
    Military Press
    Seated or standing lateral raises
    Dips
    Overhead Extensions (for triceps)

Friday:
    Deadlifts
    Chinups (switch between wide, narrow, and parallel grip)
    Lying pullovers
    Bentover Barbell Rows
    Close grip cable rows
    Barbell or preacher curls
    Concentration curls

This is just an idea, there are a lot of different workouts that you can do, but as you are just getting back into weightlifting, I would focus on the compound movements. Do 2-3 sets, 8-12 reps on the compound movements, and 1-2 sets of 10-14 reps on the isolation movements. This will keep the workouts short and sweet.

As for the chest workout problem, make sure you are using good form, and that on the bench press you are squeezing your shoulder blades together. That will at least partially stop your shoulders from doing all of the work. See this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...+-+Medium+Grip

Good luck and best wishes.
    "To close one's eyes will not ease another's pain" - Chinese Proverb
    "An outdoor dog has an address, not a home" -unknown

Modern
    Fitness
    Forum

Go
    There
    Now

SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SPreston36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looking nice

i must say though i did LOL when i saw your face in those pics, hehe nice big smiliey
    Stephanie

check out my pictures and stats!

www.fitprofile.com/profile.asp?id=2