coneytt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much cardio is too much??

I have a friend who does cardio for 30min before his first meal and for 30min after his last meal, is that too much?? He cutt up in 3 months, losing 29 pounds. He is now a lean 170.
    SYCHOKID, BRIT_BEEF, BIGNBUFF ARE MY BEST FRIENDS :)

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND SQUAT"

A Proud Member of:
    www.Hardcorebodybuildingontheweb.com
    www.musclemag.com

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: How much cardio is too much??

Originally posted by coneytt
    I have a friend who does cardio for 30min before his first meal and for 30min after his last meal, is that too much?? He cutt up in 3 months, losing 29 pounds. He is now a lean 170.
    Well, no more then 5 sessions maximum per week would be my guess if you wanted to mantain muscle. How many times does he do cardio total (a week)?

Don't forget though. if you do cardio too much, you will be killing your muscles. Some people though prefer to splti their normal cardio session (lets say 40 minutes), into two sessions done that day (20 minutes each session).
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

He'd do it on Monday Wed and Friday, but it's shoking cause I haven't seen him in 3 months and I remebered him being a chubbie freak, and now he's kickin azz and taking names.

I need to come up with me a cutting plan, march is so close. Do you think on a 3xs a week plan, I can shred 30lbs for a lean muscular look. I wanna start in March, my goal is to be like that by july.. (Do u think those goals are realistic?)

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He'd do it on Monday Wed and Friday, but it's shoking cause I haven't seen him in 3 months and I remebered him being a chubbie freak, and now he's kickin azz and taking names.
    I need to come up with me a cutting plan, march is so close. Do you think on a 3xs a week plan, I can shred 30lbs for a lean muscular look. I wanna start in March, my goal is to be like that by july.. (Do u think those goals are realistic?)
    4 months seems much more realists then 3 months. I'm sure he lost a little muscle as well. But if you think about it, 3 months is a long time. I'm sure if he would see you at the beggining of your bulking phase and then the end, he would think you were bigger as well.

By a 3x a week plan, do you mean for cardio or weight training?

on a six day plan, m/w/f cardio t/t/s lifting.

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

on a six day plan, m/w/f cardio t/t/s lifting.
    yeah something like that is good. Yeah, you were right, a 3 day split. I just weren't sure what yoyu meant. I usually do 3 day splits while cutting as well. If you need help designing one (or anything else like diet or something), just say so.

SO

SO... just koking yes i do need one. I did that chest and back routine you gave me yesterday, today.. It was awsome, so I think I might want to continue with that on the same day when going to my three day split. Yeah the deadlifts made the workout that much more interesting..

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Re: SO

SO... just koking yes i do need one. I did that chest and back routine you gave me yesterday, today.. It was awsome, so I think I might want to continue with that on the same day when going to my three day split. Yeah the deadlifts made the workout that much more interesting..
    I'm glad to hear it . I knew you could get it accomplished. Well, when I do chest/back on 3 day splits, I usally do legs and shoulders/arms on the other two days. Since you already habve the chest/back workout and the leg workout (from the split you are currently doing, here is what I would do for shoulders/arms:

Military press 3 sets
    Lateral raises 2 sets
    Bent lateral rasies 1 set
    Close-grip Bench press 3 sets
    Skull crushers 2 sets (alternate with tricep pressdowns)
    Barbell curls 3 sets
    Incline Hammer curls 2 sets (alternate with preacher curls)

if you are finding that you can't hit your arms intensly enough, then try something like this:

chest/back
    rest
    legs/biceps
    rest
    shoulders/triceps
    rest
    rest

or something of that sort.

Thanks, ill cut /paste so i can add it to my workout log.. but what types of food is diet food? In this country, everthing is greasy, so what type of food besides the norm (chick,steak oatmeal, egg whites) do you think i should cutt carbs very very low. What types of food should i stay away from? Bread maybe? I am in the process of reading this mens health book, it has diets in there but.. i think i get better info here

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Thanks, ill cut /paste so i can add it to my workout log.. but what types of food is diet food? In this country, everthing is greasy, so what type of food besides the norm (chick,steak oatmeal, egg whites) do you think i should cutt carbs very very low. What types of food should i stay away from? Bread maybe? I am in the process of reading this mens health book, it has diets in there but.. i think i get better info here
    Well, this is probably going to be my last post for the moment.

Don't make the carbs very low. Just lower then you would normally have them. For examply. say you yo had 300 carbs (while bulking) a day, then have maybe 200 when cutting or something like that. Maybe lower if you want.

I wouldn't stay away from bread. Just make it whole wheat and whole grain bread. Have some complex carbs in the morning like oatmeal or something. I would stay away from anything that is fried, has a high gi level, pasta in the evenning (and other complex carbs food) and any food coming from a fast food place 9subway might be an exception ).

Some good healthy foods while cutting are:

tuna
    Peanut butter (don't overdue it)
    vegetables/fruits (try to limit the fruit as they intend to be high inc alories and sugar)
    Turkey burgers
    Fat free cottage cheese (or low fat if this taste like crap to you)
    Skim or 1% millk

You will know basically whats good and not. Just look at the nutrition label. If you don't know somethings calories or other things, try this website:

www.calorieking.com

Liek I said before, this is probably my alst post for the next few hours. If you have anymore questions you need to ask, just pm me then.

newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Syochokid,
    You think more than five cardio sessions a week would compromise muscle? What about athletes, I usually practice 3-5 times a week, should I make that my only source of cardio?