broach19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some help on a "shock" program

How's it going? I am a 17 year old high school senior. I am about 5'7-5'8 at 135 pounds, and i have been working out pretty good here every day for about 3 good months now. In that time my perfomance in every exercise has gone up as far as weight.

Here is my program I have been following...It is an Advanced Bodybuilding Routine from the pumping station.

Monday: *On all i am pyramiding up in weight. I am pyramiding based on One rep Maxes for that exercise.

Bench Press - 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps
    Dumbell Flyes - 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps
    Incline Bench Press - 12 reps 10 reps, 10 reps
    Machine Bench Press - 12, 10, 10
    Military Press - 12, 10, 10, 8,6
    Side Laterals - 12, 10, 10, 8
    Machine Press - 12, 10, 10
    Shrugs - 12, 10, 10 , 8, 6

Wed: * Same on the pyramiding

Barbell Curl - 12, 10, 10, 8, 6
    Concentration Curl - 12, 10, 10, 8
    E-Z Bar Curls - 12, 10, 10
    Close Grip Bench - 12, 10, 10, 8, 6
    French Press - 12, 10, 10, 8
    Tricep Pull Downs - 12, 10, 10

Friday: *Again same pyramid

Barbell Row - 12, 10, 10, 8, 6
    Lat Pulldowns - 12, 10, 10, 8
    Dumbell Row - 12, 10, 10, 8
    Squat - 12, 10,10, 8, 6
    Leg Press - 12, 10, 10, 8
    Leg Extension - 12, 10, 10, 8
    Leg Curls - 12, 10, 10, 8

** There are no workouts on paper for tuesday and thursday, so i do about 200 crunches, and sit-ups. 120 Dips - Pyramiding down in weight from 55 in sets of 10. Pull-ups to failure about 6 sets or so. And about 100 push-ups. I am doing all of this taking Cell-Tech.

MY QUESTIONS: Am I doing enough legs?

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR: Soon I want to start a program where i am constantly "shocking" my muscles. The guy at the fitness place called it a "shock" program. I will be taking the creatine supplement Cell-tech, as well as the protien supplement Cell-mass, and i am going to get NO explode for my pre-workouts to give me a pump. I just need someone to tell me what exercises to do, and when to do them, and how much percent of weight to use, for a good three month program so i can gain heavey mass, and bulk up for baseball season. By Feb. I would like to be at a good 165-180, with less than 15% BF. And at 125 pounds right now. I would like my Bench to be over 250. Can someone please give me help on a writing a "shock" program??

** I also want to get faster so some speed workouts would help tremendously!

butthash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butthash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butthash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752
    Buy this book http://www.startingstrength.com/
    and forget about "shock training"
    If you are looking to add mass, you will make more progress with this program than anything else.

And make sure you are eating enough.
    Last edited by butthash; 07-21-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Your muscles will be "shocked" that you are doing something productive.

You are going to read the description of the program I sent you and say, "This program sucks. There aren't near enough exercises. And where are the curls?" But if you really want to get strong, try it.

Also, CellMass isn't a protein supplement and you don't really need the NO-Xplode. Creatine is okay (although there are better choices than Cell-Tech), but what you really need is to eat enough food.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by broach19
    The guy at the fitness place called it a "shock" program.
    Tell the guy at the fitness place to shut the f*ck up.

anson7up has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anson7up has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anson7up has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) anson7up has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    focus on strength first!
    What doesn't kill me can only make me STRONGER!

Can i just get some advice w/o the smart remarks??

I meant True-mass for the protien...I am going to "shock" my muscles..If anyone who has used this technique before, with they please post good workouts, reps, sets, and days to do them on. I am looking to do drop sets, super sets, and forced reps. So anyone with real knowledge and advice on "shocking the muscles" i would appreciate the help. I can't stand it when someone thinks there are the shi* just because they are more experienced and further along. This is what i am going to do, and like i said people who have done the shock technique please give me some help. i appreciate it!

I am

Right now i am just doing strength training so i can prepare to go on the program in November.. I am working every day, with my regular stuff, but three months before baseball season (in november) is when i want to start, b/c it was recommended to do it for three months, w/o doing really anything else, like running, since i am a runner as well. But yeah i am just trying to build strenght right now and all my maxes have increased pretty well over the last three weeks, and i am getting more cut so far.

Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just be progressive, move up in weight, and eat a ton of protein.

If your legs are growing your doing enough. Just listen to your body more than other people.

Soap box squatting. Andrew.Cook's Avatar
    Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Michael More
    Just be progressive, move up in weight, and eat a ton of protein.

If your legs are growing your doing enough. Just listen to your body more than other people.
    Your advice is a little... bland. As I've seen you offer it up twice now, in just about the same way, perhaps you could be a little more direct, and a little less vague. It isn't wrong, mind you. Just not terribly helpful.

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here is my program I have been following...It is an Advanced Bodybuilding Routine from the pumping station.
    You are 16 and have been working out for three months, and you are going to follow this?

I can't stand it when someone thinks there are the shi* just because they are more experienced and further along. This is what i am going to do, and like i said people who have done the shock technique please give me some help. i appreciate it!
    Well then do it and let us know how it works out.

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)

Originally Posted by JustLost

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JustLost again."

Nice one.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    why 12, 10, 8, 6

what if someone gave you a routine that said 13, 11, 9,7, 5?

TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't stand it when someone thinks there are the shi* just because they are more experienced and further along.
    Have you ever stopped to think WHY we are further along??

Not by doing that "shock" bull ****.

That will work for about 3 weeks, and by then your body will be so overtrained that you won't progress at all. Eventually, you will even go BACKWARDS in progress with something like that.

The guy at the fitness center was an idiot.

Do a program with MUCH less volume.

OR you can start taking steroids. Then that "shock" stuff will work great for you.

We have guys in their prime who have been lifting for years on this board. Some have incredibly huge benches and squats. Like, more than 500 in both lifts. And these guys would say that you would be crazy to try **** like that. The human body can't handle that for very long. Unless you're on a LOT of steroids.

I will admit. I admire your enthusiasm for getting better. The world needs more people like you with work ethic. But, in your case, more work is not always better.

Trust us. Your gains will be MUCH faster if you heed our advice.

Note: There is no way in HELL you're going to gain 50 lbs of muscle by february. Not even with steroids. Maybe 20, but that's about it.
    Last edited by TRDE59; 07-21-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    Your weakness, whatever it may be, is all in your mind. So is your strength.

"Only in America can you get famous just by changing from being a big fat ass to not being a big fat ass."

-Stan from South Park, on Jared Fogle

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't stand it when someone thinks there are the shi* just because they are more experienced and further along.
    If you don't want more experianced people giving you helpfull advice don't ask questions.

3 important things to think about:

1. Your a beginner you need to master the basics before you start trying to incorporate more advanced techniques. You didnt start reading before you learned the alphabet did you?

2. Your ultimate goal is to build muscle/strength for sports so body building routines/ideas are not what is best suited for you.

3. Your new and skinny as hell you need to focus on proper nutrition before wasteing your money on supplements (and yes without proper nutrition all your doing is wasting your money). If you really want to get into supplements get a good protien powder, if you still have money to blow get some creatine monohydrate and a postworkout drink containing a 2:1 ratio of simple carbs : protien.

Starting strength has been mentioned and is a great option as its designed specificly for you! A high school kid looking to build muscle and improve performance for sports.

Another option that is designed with the same exact goal and is proven to work very well: http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Your goals should define your training, not some dude trying to sell you overpriced creatine.
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jneves
    If you don't want more experianced people giving you helpfull advice don't ask questions.
    Excellent advice.

Originally Posted by Jneves
    1. Your a beginner you need to master the basics before you start trying to incorporate more advanced techniques. You didnt start reading before you learned the alphabet did you?
    Moving to "advanced" techniques and workouts too soon is probably the single most common beginner error. In fact, I've seen more clueless newbies doing "advanced" stuff than vets.

So anyone with real knowledge and advice on "shocking the muscles" i would appreciate the help.
    They did. Several very knowledgable people told you it was bad idea.

So now, you basically have two choices: hang around, read and learn, or go find a board that's all about "shocking the muscles".
    Last edited by JustLost; 07-21-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks for the words of wisdom

Hey guys i really do appreciate the helpful advice. I just know i need to get as strong as possible as quick as possible. I asked the guys at GNC what he recomended and he said i would be OK to go on a "shock" program, so that is why i was looking for one. ? though, along with that Westside thing, would it be ok to add my own shock techniques, or is shocking just a terrible idea??

x steven x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "as well as the protien supplement Cell-mass"
    If you are talking about BSN's cell-mass it is not a protein supplement. it is creatine.

x steven x has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    my bad that was already posted didnt see it. soory about that

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys i really do appreciate the helpful advice. I just know i need to get as strong as possible as quick as possible. I asked the guys at GNC what he recomended and he said i would be OK to go on a "shock" program, so that is why i was looking for one. ? though, along with that Westside thing, would it be ok to add my own shock techniques, or is shocking just a terrible idea??
    You're listening to the guy at GNC?!?! What makes you think he would know anything? Seriously....

*takes a moment to collect self*

You've repeatedly been given advice now, none of it pointing in the direction you were wanting to go. Think about that. You've got this "shock the muscle" thing stuck in your head because some cheesedick at GNC told you to do it, and you can't get over it despite everyone here telling you it's not the way to go. Do you want people with knowledge and experience to tell you the truth, or would you rather someone just tell you what you want to hear, whether it's really the best thing to do or not?

though, along with that Westside thing, would it be ok to add my own shock techniques, or is shocking just a terrible idea??
    Westside is an advanced program, and if you were to do it, you certainly wouldn't need to add anything to it.

Have you looked at the links given in the first two replies? They are both to Starting Strength. It is a very effective program. It should tell you something that two people posted it just a few minutes apart in an answer to your original post. Give it a try. Are you going to be benching 250 lbs. by the beginning of baseball season? No. But it will give you the foundation you need to make gains consistently for years to come. As it stands now, you're putting the cart before the horse.

Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Andrew.Cook
    Your advice is a little... bland. As I've seen you offer it up twice now, in just about the same way, perhaps you could be a little more direct, and a little less vague. It isn't wrong, mind you. Just not terribly helpful.
    Sorry bro I just think you should keep it simple and you can never go wrong. Once you start complicating things it gets confusing and unnecessary. I can add some flair to it but his routine looks pretty solid and i didn't want to confuse him at all. I would change a few things like put back n tris together and chest n bis together and put shoulders and legs together. Other than that its pretty solid there is no right or wrong way to get big. Just follow teh basics.

TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRDE59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Michael More
    Sorry bro I just think you should keep it simple and you can never go wrong. Once you start complicating things it gets confusing and unnecessary. I can add some flair to it but his routine looks pretty solid and i didn't want to confuse him at all. I would change a few things like put back n tris together and chest n bis together and put shoulders and legs together. Other than that its pretty solid there is no right or wrong way to get big. Just follow teh basics.
    key word..."basics"

those are not basics

to the OP:
    the volume that you have there is waay more than you need. if you do that program, then you will see results for MAYBE 2 weeks. then you will be overtrained.

it takes years to work up to that type of volume.

anyway, you also don't have squats. you need SQUATS more than you need leg extension. leg extension will not give you strength, as much as you think it will.

"Only in America can you get famous just by changing from being a big fat ass to not being a big fat ass."

I have squats on there!!

thanks to all for the advice again.. What Micheal said isn't confusing, i get it.

ookay, well, go ahead and try it. don't say we didn't warn you.

if you DO gain your 50 lbs of muscle by february, get back to us on that, because you obviously have superior genetics and could be the next Arnold and I'd like your autograph.

I didn't say i was going to do it, i just said that i understood what he meant. you said not to confuse me im not confused i know the basics on doing cetain areas in one day, and when to rest and things like that. i just need a program that is going to put on mass. As much as i can get. Again thanks for all the advice so far. I really appreciate it, but i have one ? that probably is a rookie ?...why is the "shocking the muscles technique" so frowned upon??

Here is a post I found just today about the program you were given a link to. Something like this pops up at least once a day on this forum. Also, check out the "Workout Journals" section and note the number of guys doing the Rippetoe program. Every single one of them reports on how much they have gained strength-wise from it.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=850827

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    didnt think anyone would answer the 13, 11, 9, 7