NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower back help?

A few years back playing hockey in a AAA tournament I had a couple rough hits to my back (namely crosschecking) and since then I've had problems on and off, every so often my back just flares up.

Now I'm finding that whenever I do a set of back extensions (with no additional weight), my back is totally out of commission as early as a few hours later.

I'd avoid it entirely, but I get back pain from other stuff and I'm looking for a way to strengthen my lower back. Any suggestions?

hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Which tournament was it?

Go see a chiropractor/physio, we definitely can't diagnose you.
    Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. - Conan

NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NineOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It was a tournament in 8 Rinks in Burnaby, can't remember what it was called, it was for Bantam AAA. Would have been in 2002 or 2003, honestly can't remember now.

I went to chiro for a while after it happened, but it gradually got better, but yea I'm gonna have it checked out; figured I'd ask here just because I don't always have the problem, just thought I'd see if there were some lower back exercises that were a little easier on the back.

Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NineOne
    A few years back playing hockey in a AAA tournament I had a couple rough hits to my back (namely crosschecking) and since then I've had problems on and off, every so often my back just flares up.

Now I'm finding that whenever I do a set of back extensions (with no additional weight), my back is totally out of commission as early as a few hours later.

I'd avoid it entirely, but I get back pain from other stuff and I'm looking for a way to strengthen my lower back. Any suggestions?

I would do some research and do a spinal stabilization routine. Start with pelvic tilts, single knee to chest, double knee to chest, bridges, hamstring stretch, piriformis stretch, cat camel, quadriped raising one arm and one leg.
    Do these exercises slow and controlled and it may help you relieve your flare ups.