mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats without a squat rack?

I don't have a squat rack at home, I just got the benches and barbells and dumbbells. I want to do squats but is it possible to get proper form without a squat rack? Anyone do this?

dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the rack has nothing to do with form.. it's about putting the weight back when your done or dropping it if you need to... you can do squats without a rack but i would do a weight that you know you can push out the reps.. because if you get stuck where are u gonna put the bar?

you can use the db's for squats but i don't like them myself.
    Post clever signature here.....

anybody with 50+ reps feel free to give me one....

midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are serious enough get a power rack. You can use it for squats, rack pulls, bench presses, overhead presses etc and not have to worry about killing yourself when the weight becomes too heavy to complete another rep. It is well worth the investment.

Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike750 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^ agreed.

Your biggest challenge for doing a decent amount of weight will be having something to rack and re-rack the bar without having to clean the weight to the shoulders. I have one of those old cement weight sets at home and I've looked endlessly for something to set the bar on that would put it close to shoulder level to do decent weight.

Short of making a cheap set of uprights from 2x4's, you may be relegated to lighter weight.
    "When my opponent contracts, I expand. And when he expands, I contract.
    And when the opportunity arrives, *looks at clenched fist* I do not hit with it. It hits all by itself"-Bruce Lee
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If you're hungry.....it's too late.

mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mPK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could I just drill some holes in the wall and mount a bit of metal against the wall that sticks out enough so the plates don't prevent me putting the weight on it. Thats an idea... hmmm.

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drilling a hole in the wall, and then putting a barbell loaded with 200lbs on pegs? Are you crazy? That's like begging for your house to collapse.

lol. well then I guess I can go make me a power rack like this one: http://tsampa.org/training/blog/arch...project_26.jpg

Looks pretty simple. Or this one here, its like the plans of one, but in some wierd language. http://tsampa.org/training/blog/arch...oisto_rack.jpg

Andvaranaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andvaranaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andvaranaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andvaranaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andvaranaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andvaranaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could get two, extremely strong, rust proof metal pole, cement them in the ground, and have a bunch of Pegs going up and down welded onto it, then workout outside. If I had my own property I'd definitely do that.

Then, at night, while oiled up and naked, you can cover them in kerosene and light them on fire, and have bongoes and have a tribal dance.

fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mPK
    Looks pretty simple. Or this one here, its like the plans of one, but in some wierd language. http://tsampa.org/training/blog/arch...oisto_rack.jpg
    its Finnish if you wanted to translate it.

building one will be a hell of alot cheaper than buying one also. Would be my option.

cool thanks. gonna go translate it now. then start building it tomorrow. its a public holiday. might take a week or so but when its done I will try post some pics of it .

well i managed to translate two of the words. the rest were not known. so I guess I gonna have to guess. lol

Anyone here speak finnish?