MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What is soreness really, and why does it go away?

The topic pretty much states it all.

After 3 weeks of heavy lifting, soreness AFTERWARDS no longer happens. Does it mean your muscles are recovering FASTER then before and you should lift more?

What if originally, it took about 1 week for your muscles to recover (due to soreness lasting that long) but as you worked out more and more the soreness occurs for maybe 24 hours after you lift.

Should you still wait a whole week before hitting the same muscle group?
    Is it wrong to love a being who cannot see? Such belief is the highest faculty a human being can develop.

timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when you work out, you tear and break down the muscle. when youre new to it or you do something new it will hurt more. it will start to get used to that exercise and weight and it wont hurt as much or at all. it can also be caused by lactic acid. dont think you need to be sore to grow though. it just means youre doing something hard enough to cause micro tears or the muscles arent getting enough oxygen and have a lacic acid build up. my arms never hurt but they grow, same with my back.

MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MonarchX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by timmy47
    when you work out, you tear and break down the muscle. when youre new to it or you do something new it will hurt more. it will start to get used to that exercise and weight and it wont hurt as much or at all. it can also be caused by lactic acid. dont think you need to be sore to grow though. it just means youre doing something hard enough to cause micro tears or the muscles arent getting enough oxygen and have a lacic acid build up. my arms never hurt but they grow, same with my back.
    Hmm...OK, what about my muscles taking a whole week to recover? Is that normal?
    Is it wrong to love a being who cannot see? Such belief is the highest faculty a human being can develop.

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MonarchX
    Hmm...OK, what about my muscles taking a whole week to recover? Is that normal?
    nah it shouldnt take that long to recover
    do you stretch afterwards?

Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by (Oz)
    nah it shouldnt take that long to recover
    do you stretch afterwards?

I know my biceps and forearms .. are sore and taking to long to recover.. Any ideas on how to properly strech those after a workout?

bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballjoe12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know it's not the case but I always think if I am not sore the next day, I didn't work hard enough.

Just my two cents....

UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your muscles can take up to 5 days to recover... that's not extremely unusual.

Lactic acid is produced from anaerobic respiration in your muscle cells. Lactic acid then breaks down proteins(Actin/Myosin). Along with the Lactic acid, you get ATPase heads that break down due to the intense amount of pressure exerted on them. This combination is what breaks down some of the proteins. The Lactic acid is flushed out of your system very quickly and metabolized in your liver.

The hurt you feel is the proteins that were broken down, it just means you're still rebuilding them. GET PROPER NUTRITION!
    "Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge"
    ~Alfred North Whitehead