Thread: Heyyy Girls!!

Live * Love * Laugh soccergrrl21's Avatar
    soccergrrl21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Heyyy Girls!!

There's probably about a thousand posts about this, but I'm super bored and figured why not.

So girls, what is absolute least favorite body part to lift? Mine's a tie between legs and abs, but yeah, I'd say legs.

DolphinGrl222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soccer girl,
    WOW You hate lifting legs, I would have to say its my favorite! I agree, training abs suck but I would have to say I hate lifting on my bi's and tri's day....its to boring to me

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dont know if it counts...but stretching!!! AGHHHH.....
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

3babymama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3babymama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3babymama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3babymama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3babymama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm I would have to say calves. It's just boring. Why can't the be nice and get pretty just by doing squats and what have you? Darn calves!!!! Also warming up.
    B/P cycle over time to restart....

Current weight 178.4 Bf% 34.4 ugh!!
    Mid goal=24% bf
    end goal=16%bf

My mantra

It is not the weight that maters its the body fat percent!!!!

ilovemuscle963 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hi

why do you hate your legs and abs? is there too mutch fat on them? do they have too much muscle? i bet your legs look fine sence you played soccer for many years, i also bet you have a good size calve muscles and thigh muscles. if you have the muscle you should be happy to show them off, if you have alot of fat on them watch what you eat and stay active, try to go to the gym and lift weights. do 30-45 min of cardio 2 days a week after your workouts. if you can show us your legs.

nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nuttmeg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ilovemuscle963
    if you can show us your legs.

LOL! Nice one...real smooth buddy

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Abs - it just HURTS too damn much!

Fun In The Sun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    biceps....curls are so boring

and shoulders...I'm weak!

manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manders is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love everything about lifting. I love sweating, I love seeing my muscles growing, and I love most of all increasing my weights.

misswhitney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by soccergrrl21
    There's probably about a thousand posts about this, but I'm super bored and figured why not.

So girls, what is absolute least favorite body part to lift? Mine's a tie between legs and abs, but yeah, I'd say legs.
    I would have to agree. For me, breathing doesn't come very naturally when I do ab work so it's always a pain. And as for legs, they are super hard! SO HARD. But I love the results I see from doing it.

girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Fun In The Sun
    biceps....curls are so boring

and shoulders...I'm weak!
    Probably shoulders... they "click," if you know what I mean.

Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jodi_Lane is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pushup muscles and Lower body.

I don't like working my lats, I think it's because they're sorta weaker than any other part in my body and it's just slightly uncomfortable. I HAVE to up their strength though because I'm going to school for law enforcement and I gotta be able to do pushups really well. Plus, being a woman it's naturally harder I think. Unless you've always been sporty. I would definitely say I don't enjoy working any of the pushup muscles because they're hard to pinpoint.

I understand your dislike for legs because my legs are actually bigger than I would like them to be so when I work them heavy they get quite big very quickly and I don't even eat that much! Only 900 to 1400 calories a day and they still grow real fast! I think it's in my family maybe?
    So, I've sort of have to be picky with my leg workouts as to keep them slimmer. I'd like to try out for bikini universe someday but I've got a lot of work and willpower construction ahead of me if you know what I mean .

To summarize my answer to your question, the pushup muscles and lower body!

This was a fun post, heheh.

samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Don't feel bad, I have the big german legs from genetics as well. SUCKS!
    I am 5'7" , 140lbs, I look pretty good, cept for the damn fat legs.
    Even when they're well toned and smooth, they are thick!
    I have issues buying jeans because I have a small waist, yet I wind up buying jeans loose in the waist, so that I can accomodate the thighs.
    When I do step aerobics and work my legs, which I love to do, they get thicker, not thinner. I HATE SQUATS and LUNGES...They hurt my lower back. No matter how good my position is, my lower back hyper extends when doing squats properly.
    So what do you suggest to thin the thighs, not build them?
    You CAN beat genetics, they key is to find the recipe.

shey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yoga?

see i have the opposite problem! Everyone in my family has long, skinny legs. I actually have the biggest in the family, and mine aren't that big. I want to put a litle size on my thighs, my calves bulk up way to easy. I love to do cardio but they made me stop running on the treadmill so much becuase they told me that keeps my legs to lean, and i won't be able to put size on them. I wanted to do yoga, for the stretching, i've always wanted to do it, just never had. I was told to stay away from that too, becuase it also makes you longer and leaner. So maybe that's what you should do, if you want your legs to thin out instead. Or maybe you could just give me a little of your thighs! haha!

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by girlinseattle
    Probably shoulders... they "click," if you know what I mean.
    if they click, i'd guess you have some sort of tendon obstruction or something similar... i'd get it checked out by a good ortho, just to make
    sure you arent doing any damage there...

best,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FitNFiesty
    I don't like working my lats, I think it's because they're sorta weaker than any other part in my body and it's just slightly uncomfortable. I HAVE to up their strength though because I'm going to school for law enforcement and I gotta be able to do pushups really well.
    <snip>
    To summarize my answer to your question, the pushup muscles and lower body!
    ok FitN, couple of things here. first, for pushup purposes, the lats are
    mainly a 'stabliizer' and dont actually act out much as movers.
    second, a 'pushup' is basically a 'pressing' movement, and hence involve the pecs/ant-delts/triceps asthe primary movers. so if you're weak in 'pushing up', target more chest work and shoulder work.

best of luck in your law enforcement career,
    ~lifer
    They ARE who we THOUGHT they were.....

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Legs for me too....actually it's a love-hate kind of a thing. Training legs absolutely drains me for the entire day and it's a very tough workout but at the same time it's quick, to the point and I love that exhausted feeling when it's all said and done.

samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samizmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Hey Shea,

If only it were that simple, to donate some thigh to the needy...what a wonderful world it would be! heeheehee.
    I do the treadmill too, about 30 minutes at 3.7-4.0 I sprint sometimes on it, but don't usually run, just speed walk at that speed.
    If i'm not doing the treadmill, i'm on my Bow-flex, usually working on the thighs and/or the lats.
    If i'm not doing that, then i'm doing my Step Reebok workouts...Speaking of, I did a new one last night..Called Step Reebok "Intense Moves" Holy !@#$%^&*!!! That workout was INSANE! It was so fast changing and a lot of jumping, I had to stretch and use a heating pad afterwards... but today I feel great! The tape tells you to recover for 2 days after the workout...I can definitely see this tape burning some serious fat!! I'll keep you posted on my results. And I will definitely do the treadmill and add some pilates and yoga into the mix in between.
    I always shy away from pilates and yoga because it doesn't burn the calories like aerobics does and I keep thinking that caloric expenditure is the best way to shed the fat thighs. I used to have chicken legs as a teenager, and up until I was about 24. After that, it was all downhill for the thighs. I can't imagine what I would look like had I not started working out at age 18.

BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

DEADLIFTS!!!! HATE UM HATE UM HATE UM!! Would rather lunge from here to Mississippi and back or Squat forever.. HATE deads-- (love what they do for me though)!!!! LOL
    Being different is NEVER easy...see my ******** page at "Maria Roelle Health Coaching" or check out my website at www.mariaroelle.com If you have questions regarding plant based diet or healing foods, please feel free to contact me.

gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    abs, triceps and cardio. abs - just plain boring; triceps - I'm getting a really weird feeling and afraid to get my "O" right there in a weight room. Cardio - I just don't like it
    Whatever nature gave me, Thank you, The rest I'll make myself :)
    ________
    Female
    5'3"
    January 2003 - 166 lb
    January 2006 -117 lb
    January 2010- 156 (starting over)

bbmeg02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbmeg02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate doing shoulders, possibly because they are my weakest and where I need the most improvement. Although I think nice shoulders make an arm very flattering and I definitely need to really work on them.