Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RoryOC View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, Ive had a half hearted go at training with the bag at the gym (banana bags or whatever there called) and find that they feel kind of awkward to punch, might be cause the only time I have a go at it is when Im waiting on a bench or something and dont have gloves or wraps on. How much should I be looking to spend on a good bag?

Im in Armidale at the moment, spend quite a bit of time in sydney in darlington, between newtown and redfern.
    A price for a bag is hard to say. I've seen good bags range from $75 to $200+.
    As I said give each a go in store if possible.
    Try Rebel Sport. They are a bit more pricy then most stores but they often have great sales and their stuff is good quality.

LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by saitham View Post
    Ok ive already started a thread about this, but i'm not getting many reps...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6226341

could you help me out?

thx
    Do both.

Do your cardio in the morning and your weights in the afternoon.

Also because you have been out for about 2 months I would return to doing a full-body workout for 1 week. Then the weeks after that I would do split-routines over 4-5 days.

If you can't do cardio and weights the same do, try doing a 5-day workout. Monday-Friday. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday do your weights (split) and on Tuesday and Thursday do your cardio. Rest on Weekends or do light cardio work.

Originally Posted by 80_Unframed View Post
    A science is more muscle can decrease stamina and speed and make you stiffer and less fluid.

What is your view on Old-school training, boxing coach ?
    This was my post to another BBer about this.

Originally Posted by LUCKY_13 View Post
    A popular belief by people is that strength-training will make a boxer slower. This is not true UNLESS the boxer only trains with strength-training and nothing else.

Strength-training works your fast-twitch muscle fibers which are responsible for short, sudden, explosive movements (eg: punching, kicking, sprinting etc)
    These F-T fibers become tired very quickly and so if a boxer was to do strength training ONLY then they would become tired quickly and would become slower.

Endurance-training works your slow-twitch fibers which are responsible for long-distance, long-timed movements (eg: distance running, repetitive actions etc).
    These fibers do not get tired as quickly or easily as F-T fibers but do not exert as much power as F-T fibers do.

If a boxer is to train both of these fibers, then when he is punching, he can do it fast and hard using his F-T fibers. When these fibers become tired though, the body will use the S-T fibers to prolong the body's ability to continue the desired movements.

If a boxer only trains his F-T. He will be strong but slow and get tired easily.
    If a boxer only trains his S-T fibers. He will be faster, less tired but not very strong.

The best benefit comes from a combination of the two.
    My routine right now is doing strength-training one day and the next endurance and plyometric training.
    About the rest:

Joe Calzaghe believes lifting weights are evil and Floyd Mayweather simply trains with bodyweight exercises and little limited weight training as well, his daily training program is..

200 Sit ups
    200 Pushups
    200 Pull ups
    5 Mile Run
    30 minutes Rope jumping
    30 Minutes on the heavybag
    30 Minutes on the pads

Opponents of Calzaghe also lifted weights like Manfredo and Kessler.
    I am not against bodyweight training for boxing nor have I ever said anything against it. It can help you build stength and then maintain it. Plenty of good boxers do it...and plenty use weights.

In conclusion, it's not what you training with, it's how you train. Talking from a boxing point of view...
    You want to use the weights for strength? Then use them, but incorporate endurance training as well otherwise you are going to be strong but slow.
    You want to use just bodyweight? Then do so.

Also I influence the use of plyometric training for advanced serious boxers because it helps with explosive movements.

Originally Posted by Gio132 View Post
    what are plyometrics? do they give you faster punching speed?
    Plyometrics are explosive bodyweight exercises.
    They should be attempted only by advanced athletes who have a resonable amount of strength.
    An example of a plyometric pushup is this:

*Start in a normal pushup position.
    *Lower yourself to the floor but do this faster then a normal pushup.
    *Launch yourself quickly back up but with enough force that your hands come off the floor.
    *Land with your hands back on the floor and repeat.

As said these should be attempted only by advanced athletes with resonable strength. They should not be attempted by beginners, those with weak flexibility and those who have joint, skeletal or muscular problems.
    Should seek advice before attempting them.

Yes they can help build speed and muscular power because the speed of which the muscles react to lengthening and then contracting increase since the muscles are prone to adapting to the stress it's placed under.
    Therefore in plyometrics, since you are moving with fast and explosive movements, the muscles will adapt to this and in time they will react this way when placed under the same sort of action. (eg: punching).

THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be buying a punching bag in the near future to beat the **** out of. What would you recommend for someone that's 5'9 180 lbs 10% BF? Is 80 lbs good enough?

What do you suggest? Also, what kind of gloves are best?

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you do know they have other sections for this type of thread
    Last edited by Delgadido; 12-27-2007 at 12:53 AM.

Originally Posted by THE_UNDERDOG View Post
    I will be buying a punching bag in the near future to beat the **** out of. What would you recommend for someone that's 5'9 180 lbs 10% BF? Is 80 lbs good enough?

What do you suggest? Also, what kind of gloves are best?
    Want to beat the **** out of it? Buy a half-man statue covered in synthetic skin layering. Has full face details and body and stuff. Little expensive but beneficial and fun...or not. Lol. It's called Bob or something...

Have you ever boxed before? If not then 80lbs is good. I mean as I have said to another guy on here, if you can go to the shop and test on out DO SO. Alot of people can hit harder then they think. They buy a small one, hit it once and next thing they know it's swing all over the place.
    You want one that swings, but only a little. You don't want one that doesn't swing at all or that swings forever.

The best kind of gloves? If you mean brand? I can't say. There are heaps of brands that are good. Get brand name ones like Everlast, Adidas, Tyson, Kostya Tszyu, etc etc because these will be more durable then most, from personal experience.
    If you are talking size. Then for sparring/fighting choose anywhere between 8-12 oz, depending on fit and comfortability. If you want them for training then get bigger ones. I use 16's for training because that little extra weight and padding helps out for training.

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    you do knwo they have other sections for this type of thread
    Ok...?

THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) THE_UNDERDOG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LUCKY_13 View Post
    Want to beat the **** out of it? Buy a half-man statue covered in synthetic skin layering. Has full face details and body and stuff. Little expensive but beneficial and fun...or not. Lol. It's called Bob or something...

Have you ever boxed before? If not then 80lbs is good. I mean as I have said to another guy on here, if you can go to the shop and test on out DO SO. Alot of people can hit harder then they think. They buy a small one, hit it once and next thing they know it's swing all over the place.
    You want one that swings, but only a little. You don't want one that doesn't swing at all or that swings forever.

The best kind of gloves? If you mean brand? I can't say. There are heaps of brands that are good. Get brand name ones like Everlast, Adidas, Tyson, Kostya Tszyu, etc etc because these will be more durable then most, from personal experience.
    If you are talking size. Then for sparring/fighting choose anywhere between 8-12 oz, depending on fit and comfortability. If you want them for training then get bigger ones. I use 16's for training because that little extra weight and padding helps out for training.
    I will be using the bag to basically to burn calories and maybe learn a thing or two. I am def thinking about the 16 oz gloves, should probably get the standard ones... but I wonder if 80lbs is good enough... I will see if I can try it in the store! THANKS!

And I don't want a Bob, I can draw with a sharpie some piece of **** on my bag. LOL

I will be using the bag to basically to burn calories and maybe learn a thing or two. I am def thinking about the 16 oz gloves, should probably get the standard ones... but I wonder if 80lbs is good enough... I will see if I can try it in the store! THANKS!

And I don't want a Bob, I can draw with a sharpie some piece of **** on my bag. LOL
    Haha Nice Idea.

80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would also suggest 10 oz as these are the standard for fights and sparring. I would also say anyone planning to take up boxing should do no weights to begin with and work on endurance, agility, flexibilty and stamina. Weight training can overdevelop certain muscles that are not required. Getting stronger can also sometimes means sacrificing speed, stamina, mobility and power. Certain boxers such as PBF, Hopkins, Tyson, Jones got bigger but got slower and had less stamina, Frank Bruno is an example of a muscle 'bound' freak who constantly gassed and puffed out. I admit lifting weights can work with a good dynamic explosive workout once or twice a week and doing circuit training whilst staying at your natural weight would be better but definitely not a bodybuilding routine. Some pros have even said they felt tight and sore after weight-training before a fight and that there stamina decreased. Mostly boxers who used weights did so when moving up divisions and how many boxers really got better as they got bigger muscles and went up?

I would also suggest 10 oz as these are the standard for fights and sparring. I would also say anyone planning to take up boxing should do no weights to begin with and work on endurance, agility, flexibilty and stamina. Weight training can overdevelop certain muscles that are not required. Getting stronger can also sometimes means sacrificing speed, stamina, mobility and power. Certain boxers such as PBF, Hopkins, Tyson, Jones got bigger but got slower and had less stamina, Frank Bruno is an example of a muscle 'bound' freak who constantly gassed and puffed out. I admit lifting weights can work with a good dynamic explosive workout once or twice a week and doing circuit training whilst staying at your natural weight would be better but definitely not a bodybuilding routine. Some pros have even said they felt tight and sore after weight-training before a fight and that there stamina decreased. Mostly boxers who used weights did so when moving up divisions and how many boxers really got better as they got bigger muscles and went up?
    Nice advice...
    Except I have some different opinions...

*"Getting stronger can also sometimes means sacrificing speed, stamina, mobility and power." <-- I answered this in my post above. If you don't believe me then go to www.rossboxing.com
    He shares similar theories.

*"Certain boxers such as PBF, Hopkins, Tyson, Jones got bigger but got slower and had less stamina." <--Mike Tyson n Jones Jr? No. Tyson was fast...at his prime and he was doing weights. You seen how he moves? Jones Jr? He doesn't lack in speed.

*"and how many boxers really got better as they got bigger muscles and went up?" <-- Good example above...Jones Jr...he went up disivions and did pretty well.

Just my opinions. Each to their own knowledge and experiences.

80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tyson was purely natural, he did do shoulder shrugs and run with weights, other exercises with weights until later on in his career when he did more intense bodybuilder weight-training. Leverage, timing, speed, proper technique, and god given X factors result in KO power. Weights are just tools like the medicine ball, im not doubting them but conditioning and skill-training comes first as well they have shown decrease in speed and made certain boxers less fluid and stiffer. Briggs neglected this and became slower and more muscle-bound. I think it also depends on your body type and how your body reacts to different forms of training and mainly genetics play a role regardless of weightlifting, Ali could be very fast without weights, Calzaghe can have great stamina and boxers like Trinidad can hit hard. Skill, conditioning and strength-training combined are great like Ross Enamit mentions.

Tyson was purely natural, he did do shoulder shrugs and run with weights, other exercises with weights until later on in his career when he did more intense bodybuilder weight-training. Leverage, timing, speed, proper technique, and god given X factors result in KO power. Weights are just tools like the medicine ball, im not doubting them but conditioning and skill-training comes first as well they have shown decrease in speed and made certain boxers less fluid and stiffer. Briggs neglected this and became slower and more muscle-bound. I think it also depends on your body type and how your body reacts to different forms of training and mainly genetics play a role regardless of weightlifting, Ali could be very fast without weights, Calzaghe can have great stamina and boxers like Trinidad can hit hard. Skill, conditioning and strength-training combined are great like Ross Enamit mentions.
    You sir, are a man of wise words. I can tell you know some stuff.
    I agree more with this statement.

One thing I must comment on is Briggs. You are right in what you said. He also became to 'hollywood' if you ask me. A show-pony. How many tipped Ibragimov to rock him again and again? Not many.
    Heard recently he started on the roidz? Is this true?

Body type would play a big-role in this too. Science suggests show does ethniticity. It suggests that Black people have a greater abundance of S-T fibers and F-T fibers then caucasian people. This is subject to debate though.
    Repped!

Can you direct me to some good training routines to use? Buying my bag after the 1st of the year, hopeing for a good sale!

Can you direct me to some good training routines to use? Buying my bag after the 1st of the year, hopeing for a good sale!
    Sure...I can direct you to some...lol...

www.rossboxing.com

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    this is a terrific thread. bookmarked so i can read it thru later.

Originally Posted by FROGGBUSTER View Post
    this is a terrific thread. bookmarked so i can read it thru later.
    Thanx.

Thanks man, I dont think its true Briggs has been using steroids. Briggs had much better stamina and was a better boxer throwing more pcunhes at around 230 lbs than he is now at 280lbs. Briggs also has alot of unwanted muscle, like you said, weightlifting and bodybuilding are different, sometimes people confuse them. I think briggs needs to get rid of the useless muscles, Briggs has been doing alot of bodybuilding. Briggs has now called out Klitschko. I have been meaning to get some more Ross books, i have heard they are good, i have this one as well which is best bodyweight exercises, great book.

Best bodyweight exercises by Matt Furey and Ross Enamit
    http://rapidshare.com/files/79365701...mait_.pdf.html

Thanks man, I dont think its true Briggs has been using steroids. Briggs had much better stamina and was a better boxer throwing more pcunhes at around 230 lbs than he is now at 280lbs. Briggs also has alot of unwanted muscle, like you said, weightlifting and bodybuilding are different, sometimes people confuse them. I think briggs needs to get rid of the useless muscles, Briggs has been doing alot of bodybuilding. Briggs has now called out Klitschko. I have been meaning to get some more Ross books, i have heard they are good, i have this one as well which is best bodyweight exercises, great book.

Best bodyweight exercises by Matt Furey and Ross Enamit
    http://rapidshare.com/files/79365701...mait_.pdf.html
    Vitali or Wladimir???

I am a huge fan of Vitali. He is my fave ever.

Both would smack Briggs so hard IMO.

Wladimir.

Wladimir.
    Mad.

You got an article or any websites about this...?

I did read it somewhere, i cant remember now but i know the fight could be Shannon briggs next fight. It hasnt been confirmed or anything yet as Briggs called him out just recently but i'm sure there will be more on this as we go into 2008.

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm starting boxing soon when i go to college in a month. i'm looking to get pretty serious about it, like i want to actively spar with people.

there are a few boxing gyms around the area i live in. without visiting each and every one of them, is there any way i can find out which is the best one? like what type of questions can i ask them thru telephone that would tell me if that gym is "serious"?

also, do you have any tips/advice in general for a person starting to go into boxing like me?

thanks.

Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Widge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i often use a bag just to warmup for my weight session, i dont wana box with people or anything, i just tihnk it beats running, can you gimme some tips on proper punching tecknique?
    my posts are my own opinion and a result of my OWN experience,

AS in sports science
    year studying anatomy and physiology (sp) < probly

Originally Posted by FROGGBUSTER View Post
    i'm starting boxing soon when i go to college in a month. i'm looking to get pretty serious about it, like i want to actively spar with people.

there are a few boxing gyms around the area i live in. without visiting each and every one of them, is there any way i can find out which is the best one? like what type of questions can i ask them thru telephone that would tell me if that gym is "serious"?

also, do you have any tips/advice in general for a person starting to go into boxing like me?

thanks.
    *I would ask them questions like how many students they currently teach?
    (More means they are probably popular, but also busy. So you have to juggle it.)
    *I would also make sure the price is resonable?
    *Have they ever trained or had a hand in training local, state, national, internationally champions?
    *Do they accept beginners and train them also?
    *How long after a beginner begins, could he/she go into competition? What's the shortest time period before this could happen?
    I believe, like my trainers did that it doesn't how natural a boxer is...no less then 6 months should the student train before competition. Doesn't matter if he can beat every opponent in the gym after 2 months in, he should still wait at least until 6 months.

See, I would suggest visiting them because then you can see the quality of the gym, the people that train there, meet the trainers, see their trophies or belts or awards whatever. Normally they will have photos of them and some students that have become champion of some competition.
    But remember also, it's not always the high-class gyms with everything that have the best trainers. Go by the trainers teaching and competition history.

My tips to a beginner are this, if you are really serious about boxing:
    *Focus on Aerobic fitness first and include it everyday.
    *Get yourself some cheap equipment first, when you know you are serious about the sport, get more better stuff. Lots of people buy expensive stuff, heaps of it, do a sport for like a few months and realise they don't like it.
    *When shadow sparring, working the bag or moving around the ring, wear your mouthguard. Why? Because breathing with your guard in, as you would in boxing during a round, is different to breathing normally. So it's good for a boxer to get the feel and get use to wearing the guard and breathing.
    *Get yourself a thin, plastic but durable jump rope. This is one of the cheapest, but most beneficial tools of the trade.
    *Sleep 8 hours a night at the same time.
    *Eat right
    *And if you are not sure about anything, ask a trainer first before trying it.

Originally Posted by Widge View Post
    i often use a bag just to warmup for my weight session, i dont wana box with people or anything, i just tihnk it beats running, can you gimme some tips on proper punching tecknique?
    The way to properly punch is to exert force out through the fist, from the entire body. I will give some tips for each punch:

Jab:
    *Lean forward on the leg of the jabbing side, putting most of the weight on that side.
    *Turn the shoulder on the jabbing side in behind the arm.
    *Never extend the arm completely straight. Always leave a slight bend in the elbow. Extending the arm completely straight can cause elbow locking and injury in the future.
    *Retract this punch quickly.

Straight:
    *When throwing a straight, turn the foot, one the same side, onto the balls of the feet.
    *Twist the torso so that almost the entire body turns in with the straight, placing power behind the punch.
    *As with a jab, do not extend the arm completely.
    *Attempt to drive the punch throught the opponent.

Hook:
    *Lean into the hook by slightly throwing your body in it's direction.
    *When landing, attempt to drive it through the opponent, instead of retracting it quickly.
    *Keep a small-medium angle in the elbow. A hook's power decreases when the elbow's angle increases.

Uppercut:
    *Duck down so your knees are bent, start the punch, and push your entire body up behind it, into the target.
    *Use your upper leg muscles as the driving force behind the punch.
    *When you can extend your legs no further, continue to drive the punch by turning your body into the attacking arm, and extend the arm but not completely straight.

*Throw combos.
    *Breathe out when punching to exert more force.
    *Move around with the bag as if it was a moving opponent. This will help you gain balance while eyeing a target and hitting it.
    *Wear the right equipment. Hand wraps are important.
    *If doing this for aerobic benefit only, do not train at maximum force, because this will target the muscle strength as well...unless that's what you want. =]

fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fozza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats the most effective punch, a big straight one straight to the schnoz? or is there some spot in the jaw where you can belt someone and maybe knock them out? Would be cool to know incase one ever needs to defend themselves.

oh and once were warriors is a cracking movie too!
    pain of discipline >> pain of disapointment

Originally Posted by fozza View Post
    Whats the most effective punch, a big straight one straight to the schnoz? or is there some spot in the jaw where you can belt someone and maybe knock them out? Would be cool to know incase one ever needs to defend themselves.

oh and once were warriors is a cracking movie too!
    The most effective punch on an opponent will differ from person to person. For self-defense but, punching some with full force straight in the middle of the chest is a good way to make them temporarily immobilised...but it can also kill them.
    A common weak spot among people is right under their nose, basically aiming for their top lip.
    Another thing to do is punch them directly in the nose, breaking it, which can fill the eyes up with tears and/or blood and make them unable to properly see.
    I don't recommend trying any of this though, unless it's strict self defense or boxing competition. Lol.

brb dunkin on Lebron djporter123's Avatar
    djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) djporter123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    will boxing at all make me better for football as a runningback, i love to fight and love boxing and if it makes me better at football would be an added bonus
    "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."