the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK FORTY-FOUR :: Who Will Be The Top 10 Finishers At The 2005 Mr. Olympia?

-------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC :: Who Will Be The Top 10 Finishers At The 2005 Mr. Olympia?

For the week of: Sep 29th - Oct 5th
    (Wednesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut).

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Olympia is getting closer. Bodybuilding fans having been waiting, and are now going crazy over the event. It’s time to make some picks!

Who do you think will win the 2005 Mr. Olympia? Why?

What do you think the top 10 will look like? Why do you put them in this order?

Who do you believe will make the biggest improvement? Who do you think is the most under-rated competitor that could surprise people this year?

BONUS QUESTION: How do you feel about the Mr. Olympia contest? Do you get excited for this time of year, like football fans when the Superbowl comes around, or do you not really care?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ronnie is going to win because he eats radioactive waste and has a back that could be classified as "extraterrestrial."

InfantryMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The answer to this question is all too easy...Ronnie Coleman. Not because he deserves to win the title for an unprecedented 8th time (especially with the new IFBB mandate on size versus shape), but because judges are afraid to dethrone a champion in mid stride. Ask yourself, when was the last time that a Mr. Olympia was dethroned by a challenger? Your answer should lead you back to the early 1980's (If I am not mistaken, Lee Haney defeated Samir Banout for the title). Now ask yourself when was the last time that a current Mr. Olympia should have been dethroned but was not and your answer should lead you to the poor performance by Dorian Yates in 1996 (I believe was the year) that he defeated Shawn Ray for the title. Hell, Dorian beat Lee Haney when he competed in his last Olympia in the early 1990's. Unfortunately, the contest has become as much about politics as it is about competing.

But to give my hopes concerning whom I believe has earned the title (again, given the new IFBB mandate), it would definitely be....Chris Cormier.

ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000) ElrahPrime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ronnie Coleman will most likely win the Mr. Olympia because like InfantryMuscle, the judges are 'afraid' to dethrone a champion. It's not like he has the best body in the competition. He does weight the most out of the competitors (295lb) and may have the size but that doesn't mean he has the best symmetry and definition. I honestly think Jay Cutler has the better body OVERALL than Ronnie Coleman rather we're dealing with body mass or definition IMO. I honestly want Jay Cutler to win it, but the odds are still on favor of Ronnie. Who knows? Maybe Jay Cutler might surprise everyone and win this year's Mr. Olympia which I hope he does since he's putting alot of dedication and hard work into it. I mean, Cutler may even have a mass that matches Coleman but he's more proportioned and has better definition than Coleman is especially if we're dealing with upper front body and legs although Ronnie Coleman's back looks like he's not even from this dimension. I admit his posing is not as good as Coleman though, so I'll give Coleman that. As for my top 10, my top will look like this-

1. Ronnie Coleman
    2. Jay Cutler
    3. Gustavo Badell
    4. Chris Cormier
    5. Markus Ruhl
    6. Gunter Schlierkamp
    7. Lee Priest
    8. Alexander Fedorov (well, the guy is like the youngest one in the competition, he might make a huge surprise like Cutler did when he came second out of nowhere)
    9. Kris Dim (hey, the reason he didn't even make it in the top 10 last time is mainly because he was injured and he barely worked on his leg but I think this time should be different and besides he's a great match for Lee Priest)
    10. Darrem Charles

As for the Mr. Olympia, I guess okay with it just as I'm okay with the NBA All-Star game.

Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champ2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Outcome

I truely think that the outcome will depend on whether they will enforce their new "gut rule". IF they uphold it, Ronnie will still win, however 2-10 will be different. If not, then look for somewhat of the same outcome as last year. I would like to see the more stremlined competitors move up, but I ma biased as that is my body type.

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What Do You Think Will Be The Outcome Of The Olympia?

Intro

The Olympia is clearly the biggest event in the sport of competitive bodybuilding. The first ever Mr. Olympia started with Larry Scott in the year of 1965. Larry Scott was the most popular bodybuilder at the time, and he had won nearly every single bodybuilding competition there was! Joe Weider, a renown supporter and contributor to the sport of bodybuilding, was impressed with Scott's ability to win competition after competition. To keep Scott's legacy going, he invented the Mr. Olympia contest, the superbowl of competitive bodybuilding. Scott won the title twice, and then retired. Bodybuilding greats such as Sergio Oliva, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbo, Frank Zane, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, and Ronnie Coleman continued the legacy of keeping the Mr. Olympia alive and going. The year now is 2005. A new champion will be crowned at this year's "O." Who's it going to be?

The Competitors

Who's competing in this year's Olympia? Let's take a look!

1. Jay Cutler
    2. Ronnie Coleman
    3. Craig Richardson
    4. Markus Ruhl
    5. Gunter Schlierkamp
    6. Gustavo Badell
    7. Alexander Fedorov
    8. Michael Sheridan
    9. Mustafa Mohammad
    10. Chris Cormier
    11. Kris Dim
    12. Lee Priest
    13. Darrem Charles
    14. Ahmad Haidar
    15. Victor Martinez
    16. Ronnie Rockel
    17. Melvin Anthony
    18. Jonnie Jackson
    19. Capriese Murray
    Rumored that he may not compete
    20. Quincy Taylor
    21. Geroge Farah
    22. Branch Warren
    23. Dennis James

Dexter Jackson has withdrawn from the Olympia this year

The Story So Far

The big story at last year's Olympia was the ongoing battle between Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman. Many believed Cutler would take the throne away from "Big Ron" last year, but clearly, that was not the case. Coleman showed up 15lbs. heavier than he was at the prior Olympia. His combination of mass and overall thickness ensured the Mr. Olympia title for his seventh consecutive year. It's a new year. A new Olympia. Can Jay Cutler dethrone Ronnie Coleman from winning his eighth consecutive title?

It is the writer's opinion that Ronnie Coleman will prevail in the Mr. Olympia, and go on to win his eighth consecutive "O." Ronnie shows up year after year with amazing rear development, overall thickness, and extraordinary size. No other bodybuilder pushes their limits like this guy does. Don't believe me? Just watch Ronnie's training videos: "The Cost of Redemption" and "The Unbelievable." He claims that he has been training even harder for this year's Olympia. And that's why Ronnie will win. He's simply unstoppable.

1. Ronnie Coleman
    This guy continues to show up show after show in excellent condition. Nobody can beat his rear lat spread. Nobody can beat his unprecedented size. Nobody can beat him. Expect this man to take home his 8th consecutive title, which will tie Lee Haney's record.

2. Chris Cormier
    Chris Cormier, "The Real Deal," will place 2nd in this year's Olympia. His display of incredible symmetry, extraordinary size, and excellent cuts will earn him this placing.

3. Jay Cutler
    All the focus at this year's Olympia will be on Ronnie vs. Jay. However, it is the writer's opinion that Jay will end up placing 3rd overall. Chris Cormier and Ronnie Coleman will be too much for Jay. Jay is just too "blocky" for my taste, and his physique is a bit too massive.

4. Gustavo Badell
    Gustavo showed up in last year's Olympia with a combination razor sharp cuts and massive size. He ended up placing 3rd overall in last year's Olympia, and then went on to win the 2005 Iron Man Pro. His unbelievable display of symmetry and mass will earn him 4th place in the Olympia. He's one of bodybuilding's rising stars, and expect him to show up in superb shape at the "O."

5. Lee Priest
    Lee Priest, "The Blonde Myth," showed up in top quality shape at the 2005 Arnold, earning him a number 3 placing overall. Expect him to do some damage at this year's Olympia. Lee has more mass pound per pound than half of the other pros out there. Lee is simply a mass freak! Expect him to place 5th in this year's competition!

6. Markus Ruhl
    Markus Ruhl had a successful Olympia last year, placing 5th overall. However, I predict him to fall back one placing at this year's competition. He is truly a massive guy, a bit too massive. His lack of aesthetics will earn him a spot at number 6 at this year's competition.

7. Victor Martinez
    Victor Martinez, from the Dominican Republic, placed 9th overall at last year's Olympia. Expect an improvement in his placing this year. His unique combination of mass and muscle separation will help him earn a number 7 spot in this year's "O." Expect Victor to keep climbing the placing charts in the next few years!

8. Gunter Schlierkamp
    Gunter is easily one of the world's most popular bodybuilders today. Both his personality and physique are fantastic. After placing 6th in last year's contest, Gunter has been working very hard in the weight room to beat his placing of last year. Gunter's biggest issue has been a lack of "hardness" or "fullness" at his last few shows. He's working with Chad Nicholls leading up to the Olympia to improve this "flat" appearance. Expect him to place 5th in this year's Olympia.

9. Kris Dim
    This guy is on the rise. He sports unprecedented size in his biceps, shoulders, and triceps especially. The guy is simply a freak! However, the rest of his body seems to be lacking in terms of overall size and shape. This will cost him from placing higher. Look for Dim to place 9th in this year's competition.

10. Alexander Federov
    Federov has been receiving plenty of hype and attention leading up to this Olympia. This guy is truly amazing. Federov, who grew up in poverty in Russia, has an incredible physique that will dominate over other competitors in years to come in the sport of bodybuilding! Expect him to place 10th overall at this year's contest!

Who do you believe will make the biggest improvement? Who do you think is the most under-rated competitor that could surprise people this year?

Chris Cormier will make the biggest improvement this year. I believe he will come in at the best shape of his life this year. I really expect big things from this man! "The Real Deal" never ceases to amaze me with his perfect display of symmetry, aesthetics, and mass. Expect him to place 2nd this year, taking some of the attention away from Big Ron!

The most under-rated competitor that will surprise people this year is Kris Dim. The guy is a beast. Just look at his superb tricep definition and size! He didn't end up doing too well in last year's competiton because of a leg injury, but this year he will shock spectators and judges for sure! He's still young, so he hasn't made a name for himself just yet. But all that will change after this year's Olympia and Olympias to come!

How do you feel about the Mr. Olympia contest? Do you get excited for this time of year, like football fans when the Superbowl comes around, or do you not really care?

I'm anticipating this year's Olympia like no other contest before! This could be the year Ronnie Coleman ties Lee Haney for most wins. I also think if Ronnie wins this year, next year will be HIGHLY anticipated. There are a few new mandates in this year's Mr. Olympia contest including the "distended gut rule." As we all know, Big Ron is known for his distended gut, and it's going to be interesting how much the judges actually enforce this rule. Will politics come into play with the decision to hand Big Ron his 8th Mr. Olympia title? There's just so much to look out for at this year's competition!

I usually don't get overly excited with the Olympia, but this year is different. There's so much at stake here, and I cannot wait to watch the actual contest and see the results!
    Last edited by mivi320; 10-05-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Product of BROscience stoph8n24's Avatar
    stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Scratch Troy Alves and Craig Richardson is on your list twice

tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

1. big ron(SET IN STONE)
    2. Gustavo baddell(YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST
    3. Jay cutler
    4. Markus ruhl

Product of BROscience stoph8n24's Avatar
    stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stoph8n24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2005 Olympia

This year's Olympia proves to be the best Olympia of all time! With greater exposure, a deeper field, a newer venue, and in increase of prize money, the 2005 Olympia will be the most entertaining from a fans point-of-view. To make predictions for this year's Olympia will be very difficult for many reasons. A new IFBB mandate stating that judges will penalize competitors for lack of aesthetically pleasing physiques and distended stomachs. Having said that the only way to compare the competitors are by last year's photos, which is prior to the mandate, and contest photos of this past year, and pre-contest photos that have been released. So I will try my best to give a fair explanation for my picks.

First Place: Ronnie Coleman - Coleman, after this mandate, has been given a raw deal. Granted he has shown up in the past to the Olympias with a distended stomach but the fans of bodybuilding wanted that freaky huge look. Judges, magazines, websites, and other media promoted freaky huge! Those of you who are true bodybuilding fans know this, go back to the mags! It's all there! I personally have spoken to Charles Glass, training guru of the pros, and he said the BEST physique he ever saw was Ronnie Coleman 2001 Arnold Classic. Aesthetically pleasing, no distended stomach, just raw muscle and great vascularity. From many articles that interviewed Ronnie recently, including Bodybuilding.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bigron.htm, he will diet a lot earlier to be much harder. And the fact that he has had a whole year to accomplish that?!?! Too much time!

Second Place (the true battle for Olympia, lol): Chris Cormier - Cormier, referred to as the Dennis Rodman of bodybuilding for his partying habits, has matured more so this year than ever. Chris showed up to this year's Arnold in phenomenal shape. Although he lost to Dexter Jackson, it was Cormier's 6th straight year being the bride's maid in that show, Chris got his revenge a week later beating Dexter in the San Fran Pro. He has shown great improvements in his hamstrings over the last couple of years, a significant weak point in his physique.

Third Place: Jay Cutler - sorry Cutler fans but I would place him even lower but he is too much of a media personality so politics have swayed me to put him higher. His physique, although rather large and cut, is too blocky. Jay is one of the mass freaks in which he packs on so much muscle on a small frame that it really doesn't look aesthetically pleasing plus he has nice size to his lats but his hamstrings and glutes are not as tight and striated enough to have a good backside for a Mr. Olympia. Sorry guys!

Fourth Place: Gustavo Badell - Gustavo was the dark-horse of last year's Olympia. Equipped with great conditioning and size he exploded to fourth place. But Gustavo has not showed any improvement at all since then, he actually has taken steps backward. At the 2005 Ironman, Gustavo beat a razor sharp Lee Priest but more noticeably, Gustavo had a huge distended stomach. His stomach was so noticeable, people booed every time they raised his hand because you can see that he could not tighten it enough!

Fifth Place: Lee Priest - Countless fines and suspensions has kept Lee, and more notably his MOUTH, out of competitions. After his disappointing 15th place finish and terrible hair in the 2003 Olympia, look for Lee to make a comeback in this year's Olympia. Some pre-contest photos on the internet show him much dryer and his huge arms are locked and loaded for this year's big show. His lack of glutes and hamstrings keep him from winning the Olympia and placing any higher.

Sixth Place: Darrem Charles - The most aesthetically pleasing physique since Frank Zane. Darrem truly has a perfect package, and unfortunately in a size matters game, this is where he can't compete. Although he has won and placed high in many shows recently, you could definitely see him creep up to the top with the big guys, even this year. Remember, I am trying to include politics in my evaluation as well, its sad but bodybuilding has them too. I am very partial to Darrem, my favorite bodybuilder!

Seventh Place: Johnnie O. Jackson - The O doesn't stand for Olympia, yet! After teaming up with nutritionist Chad Nicholls and training guru Charles Glass, Johnnie has made tremendous gains. His physique was widely overlooked before due to his oversized traps from his days back as a powerlifter. But now after placing high in recent contests, he is much more aesthetically pleasing, and has cuts on top of cuts! Look for him to be in the best condition of his life for this O.

Eighth Place: Victor Martinez - With all legal troubles behind him, this young man has a bright future ahead of him. Victor has an impressive physique that has aesthetics, symmetry, and mass that will show that he truly belongs at the top of the list of great bodybuilders. Hopefully, he can spice up his routine from last year's O that was analyzed by experts around the world, the fans, as.... BORING!

Ninth Place: Kris Dim - Kris is an extraordinary athlete with great size and razor sharp cuts. His last three shows of '04, British Grand Prix, Grand Prix of Russia, and Grand Prix of Holland, all were top 5 placings for him despite being injured!! Now that he has had a full year to train for the Olympia, I look for him to take some names if you know what I mean. His lack of a good thigh sweep prevented him from placing high in last year's big show but he is definitely one on the rise!

Tenth Place: Gunter Schlierkamp - Had to put the German Giant in there. Why? Not Sure. Saw his article in Flex Mag and he teamed up with Charles Glass and Chad Nicholls so why not. Its unfair.
    Going back to my intro, its unfair to judge guys based on their hard work last year when so many competed this year and you get to see their physiques change from contest to contest. You have the Markus Ruhl, the Gunter Schlierkamp, and Alexander Federov who have not competed, rarely made guest appearances, and compare them to the guys who competed often this year like a Johnnie Jackson or a Darrem Charles its unfair in every which way, you can't predict a physique because you don't see the PROGRESSION!!

Surprises every year are unpredictable, too many politics involved. I think rather than the surprises of surging young cut guys there will be surprises of larger mass freak pros moving down, hopefully for the IFBB's sake as to not be hypocritical like always. Markus Ruhl, Gunter Schlierkamp, and Dennis James all could be placed significantly lower than in previous Olympias. Alexander Federov could live up to his hype despite tearing a pec in four different places. Any surprises from the young guns would be Melvin Anthony, if he could keep his water retention low in his back lower half. Branch Warren has achieved a great physique as seen in his wins at the Europa Supershow and the Charlotte Pro, combining size and symmetry. His training partner Johnnie Jackson, especially after the withdrawal of Dexter, after great dieting and weight training has improved his physique big time. Surprises will come from the top and the bottom.

The Olympia is the most exciting time for me. As a fan, first and foremost, and as an aspiring bodybuilder, the recent Olympias have provided a fun and entertaining experience for me and my friends, all fans too. The expo is filled with supplement companies giving away trash bags, yes trash bags, of free supplements and not to mention free t-shirts for the gym to make heads turn thinking your a pro when you walk right in the gym! I get very excited to meet bodybuilders and discuss nutrition and training with them. The contests are well presented and organized and besides, no boring halftime show like the Super Bowl. The Olympia will never receive the hype that the Super Bowl or any other sports venue, but it is a contest that is rich in history and so very well respected by the competitors, hosts, and more importantly the fans.
    Last edited by stoph8n24; 10-05-2005 at 07:56 PM.

DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DSM18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mr. O 2005

TOPIC :: Who Will Be The Top 10 Finishers At The 2005 Mr. Olympia?

The Olympia is getting closer. Bodybuilding fans having been waiting, and are now going crazy over the event. It’s time to make some picks!

Although I'd like to say someone else, I beleive Ronnie will make it eight wins in a row to equal Lee Hanleys run through 1984-1991. Although he has very quality competition, even more so this year than previous years with such a strong line up, I simply can't see anyone in the line up who match Ronnies combination of size, hardness, muscular density and asthetics. There is Jay Cutler who comes close in terms of size, particularly with his massive back and full delts, but tends to come in soft, in comparison to Coleman's trademark conditioning. If previous mr. Olympias are any indicator, Ronnie has far more muscular maturity than Jay Cutler, in this most important area, he seems to be at that level that no other bodybuilder can come close to.

Ronnies density and muscular hardness in my opinion are his strongest features. Although people may credit his physique to steriods or any other chemical substance, they fail to realise that to what extent you are able to push yourself in the gym is the most important factor. Ronnie, through experience, has developed a champions mentality - he doesn't stop anywhere shorter than his maximum, and his training style indicates this. For most exercises he trains within the rep range of 12-15, meaning he is able to push himself through an extra few reps without sacrifising poundages. This is what makes a true champion, someone who doesn't nessacarly do the most, but gets the most out of what they do do. And this all shows on his physique - high reps with using high poundages = extreme hardness and size. I have seen alot of training clips from the pros, but no one matches Ronnie.

Then there is Dexter jackson who unfortunately isn't competing this year, particular with the new rules on symmetry being enforced. But Ronnie has the advantage of size, at last years olympia when the two stood opposite eachother, Ronnie dwarfed Jackson in both height and overall size. Gustavo Badell, who placed third last year is another contender who is one of the bigger pro's around, and who although i think won't defeat ronnie, will seriously compete with Jay for second placing.

My top ten:

1. Ronnie Coleman
    2. Jay Cutler
    3. Gustavo Badell
    4. Darrem Charles
    5. Markus Rhul
    6. Gunter Schirelkamp
    7. Alex Federov
    8. Chris Cormier
    9. Branch Warren
    10. Dennis James

I beleive the order will be very similar to last year, with Ronnie Followed by Jay, and the two Germans Rhul and Schirelkamp still placing quite high. I think Badell looks good after seeing his recent pics and although most people i know think he'll fall from last years placing, I think his combination of size and asthetics will make sure he maintains his high placing. Then at fourth I placed Darrem Charles, a big jump from last year. With the absence of Dexter Jackson, Darrem Charles' physique, although not as much mass, will have the most symmetrical body on stage. Due to new strictness on symmetry Ifbb have enforced, Charles will catch the attention of the judges who will be very concious that they are using their new rules the right way. And generally, Charles has a very eye-pleasing physique, that people notice.

In fifth position I placed Rhul. Although alot beleive his physique isn't asthetic, meaning it isn't something you'd aspire to look like, for someone his size, (discluding his tricep to bicep differential) he still has exceptional proportion which is hard to acheive. He is probably the biggest pro there is, and going by previous winners, mass is extremely important, if not most important. I beleive they will give him credit for this by placing him just inside the top 5. Then there is Schirelkamp, the other German, who in the last two olympias has placed above expectation in the mid top ten. Alot of people beleive he doesn't have a nice overall physique, but I think his hardness and reliable conditioning make up for any other faults. He even comes close to matching Ronnie in this area. Because he generaly comes to shows in good condition, I think he will place just outside the top five.

I put Cormier in eighth. I beleive he has the potential to even compete with Jay for 2nd, but has to up his work ethnic and strictnes in contest preparation. And this has shown in the way he has come into his last contests at less than 100 percent, and the thing is when he is 100 percent he is up there with the best. Its ashamed that someone as genetically gifted aren't getting the results they should! At ninth I put Branch Warren. This guy came in at the Charlotte Pro in amazing condition, his front lat spread was Mr. O quality, and the symmetry along his chest/shoulders and his lats were amazing. The way a pro looks in a show very close to the olympia is a good indication of how he will look at the O. Branch placed ahead of Dennis james and several other pro's who are also doing the olympia, and I'll think the same will happen at the O. Dennis James placed 2nd, and looked harder than I've ever seen him. I placed him just inside the top ten, ahead of Troy Alves and Victor Marinez. If Dennis was taller he'd get more recognition because his mass is amazing.

Martinez is look bigger than ever, but like Cormier needs to make sure he comes into the show looking his best. You may have noticed i didn't placed Lee Priest highly, I think having placed outside the top ten in his last olympia appearance will hurt him. Your failures in the past have a big impact on how you perform in the future - from what I've heard Priests attitude also doesnt sound like one of a champion. He is known to dislike dieting, and it seems he has too much of a slack "whatever ... lets see what happens" attitude. I know this might sound harsh, but I don't think he is allowing himself to put in 100 percent effort because that sort of commitment has its emotional downside. Then there's Jonnie Jackson, who look flawless at last years O, yet still placed quite low. I think he almost as good as he can get, and if he placed so low, I can't see him going too much higher this year. Ahmad Haider? He has the best set of abs in the IFBB, but his major downside is his lack of size. But he has some serious potential and great genetics and will place higher in the upcoming years.

Darrem Charles placed just inside the top ten last year, but with this years strictness on asthetics and the absense of Dexter jackson, I beleive he will take an incredible leap up into the top 5. He has put on some mass since last year, and combined with his flawless symmetry will impress. Who's the most underrated? Its easy to say Chris Cormier, but its more of a matter of simply perfecting his condition. He is in a group of many competitors who can place inside the 5, providing they come to the show looking the best they can. This also includes Victor. But for a true under-rated competitor, I'd say Troy Alves or Branch Warren. Both don't get alot of recoginition, yet have some of the best physiques in the IFBB. Troy Alves could really surprise with the new rules, also considering most of the other favourites are more known for their mass, and he could easily slip in between them in a higher placing. Branch Warren? To be honest I didnt know much at all about him before the Charlotte pro... but when I saw his pics, I knew he was a serious threat. Don't be surprised if he places as high as fifth.

BONUS QUESTION: How do you feel about the Mr. Olympia contest? Do you get excited for this time of year, like football fans when the Superbowl comes around, or do you not really care?

I'm very excited. Although most people think ronnie is set to win, I still think the following positions are very unpreditable, and this always adds that element of suspence. I would prefer it if i was able to watch the Olympia and this would be awesome, but unfortunatly I can't. I can't wait to log onto bodybuilding.com though to check the results after the event has happened just to see who came 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on, and to see how accurate mine, and my friends, predictions were. And If i was right, to rub it everyones face ha ha. On a final note, good luck to all the competitors, and may the best on the night win!

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)

Part One

Mr. Olympia 2005 Is Here!

Intro

The 2005 Mr.Olympia weekend is approaching and huge excitment is flaring. Over twenty giants from all over the world hit the stage, all of whom are fighting for their share of $550,000.00 and better yet, the respect of being crowned, "Mr.O.". This year is the 40th anniversary of the Olympia and because of much hype the officals have decided to move it to a larger center to allow more visitors. The site this year? None other than the Las Vegas convention center. The Orleans Hotel will host all of the events including the Mr. Olympia show on Saturday night. With this new location they hope to bring in a larger and more diverse crowd, seeing as though the sport of bodybuilding is growing and is more popular than ever. Jay Cutler is looking to steal seven time champion Ronnie Coleman's crown, and by the looks of it, he has a great shot. Jay Cutler even stayed away from the competition at this years Arnold Classic just to be in top shape for the Olympia. This year will be an interesting one to watch!

TheGiants

The Giants name, locations and how they qualified, lets take a peak.

NAME: COUNTRY: HOW QUALIFIED:
    Ronnie Coleman USA 2004 Mr. Olympia Winner
    Jay Cutler USA 2004 Mr. Olympia 2nd
    Gustavo Badell Puerto Rico 2004 Mr. Olympia 3rd
    Dexter Jackson USA 2004 Mr. Olympia 4th(Has unfortunately withdrawn)
    Markus Ruhl Germany 2004 Mr. Olympia 5th
    Gunter Schlierkamp Germany 2004 Mr. Olympia 6th
    Alexander Fedorov Russia 2004 Russian Grand Prix 2nd
    Michael Sheridan England 2004 Russian Grand Prix 4nd
    Chris Cormier USA 2004 Dutch Grand Prix 2nd
    Mustafa Mohammad Jordan 2004 Dutch Grand Prix 3rd
    Kris Dim USA 2004 England Grand Prix 3rd
    Lee Priest Australia 2005 Ironman Pro 2nd
    Troy Alves USA 2005 Ironman Pro 3rd
    Melvin Anthony USA 2005 Arnold Classic 5th
    Ronnie Rockel Germany 2005 Australian Pro 3rd
    Darrem Charles Trinidad 2005 New York Pro 1st
    Ahmad Haidar Lebanon 2005 New York Pro 2nd
    Victor Martinez USA 2005 New York Pro 3rd
    Craig Richardson USA 2005 New York Pro 4th
    Capriese Murray USA 2005 New York Pro 5th
    Johnnie Jackson USA 2005 Toronto Pro 2nd

Whats With All The Hype?!

Many believe, as they did last year, that this will be the year, Ronnie "Big Ron" Coleman, will be giving his thrown up to the respected Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman have been having their ongoing battle for years, and though many thought Ronnie's reign was to end last year, he did nothing but prove he was going no where. He showed up to Olympia bigger and thicker than ever, adding on nearly 20lbs of lean mass from last years Mr.Olympia to secure his seventh straight win. The hype for the 2005 Olympia is mainly between these two competitors. Will Jay Cutler dethrown his rival "Big Ron" Coleman, or will Mr.Coleman continue to prove that he is infact the greatest Olympia of his time? No one knows... as of yet. The only way to find out is to watch during this Olympia Weekend!

Who will win the 2005 Mr. Olympia & Why?

I personally feel that "Big Ron" will keep his thrown for at least one more year, perhaps even longer. The man has yet to disappoint anyone. He shows up every year bigger than the last and it seems as though he has his workout, rest periods, and diet down to perfection. His workouts are beyond intense and his focus and determination during each lift is 100% in the begining as well as 100% in the end. The man knows what he was born to do and he is doing it. This isn't to say that I won't be shocked if Ronnie Coleman doesn't recieve his eighth consecutive title as being Mr. Olympia, rumor has it Mr.Cutler has been training harder than ever to dethrown his rival "Big Ron". It will certainly be an exciting competition!
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)

Part Two

The Top Ten!

1. Ronnie Coleman

Stats:
    Full Name: Ronnie Dean Coleman
    Nickname: The Unbelievable
    Height: 5'11
    Off Season Weight: 320 lbs.
    Competition Weight: 287 lbs (2003 Mr. Olympia Contest).

The man has yet to dissappoint anyone. His focus and determination is incredible and may even be the best. When fans thought it might have been the year for his reign to end, he walked onto stage bigger than last year. He had packed on 20lbs of lean muscle from the previous year and won his seventh consecutive title as Mr.O. Ronnie Coleman will tie Lee Haney's record for eight consecutive titles, no doubt about it. It just seems as though age is not a factor for this man, when will he ever slow down? *ain't nothing but a peanut!*

2. Jay Cutler

Stats:
    Full Name: Jay Cutler
    Nickname: u/a
    Height: 5'9
    Off Season Weight: 300 lbs
    Competition Weight: 260 lbs

Although many believe that Jay lacks the genetics and size to beat Ronnie Coleman, I believe he will be in the best shape of his life this year and will do nothing but prove to the public and to Ronnie that he is a real threat. Cutler even advoided the Arnold Classic this year to assure himself that he will be in tip top shape. Is 2005 Cutler's year? We will soon find out

3. Chris Cormier

Stats:
    Full Name: Chris Cormier
    Nickname: The Real Deal
    Height: 5'9"
    Off Season Weight: 285 lbs.
    Competition Weight: 250 lbs.

Chris "The Real Deal" Cormier has one of the most symetrical bodies in bodybuilding. His ability to maintain an extremly low bodyfat before hitting the stage allows him to show off incredible cuts. Cormiers symestry as well as his cuts will allow him to assure a spot in the top three this year.

4. Gustavo Badell

Stats:
    Name: Gustavo Badell
    Height: u/a
    Off Season Weight: u/a
    Competition Weight: u/a

Gustavo has a promising combination of massive size as well as an extremly low compeition bodyfat which allows him to have razor sharp cuts. A Puerto Rico native, Gustavo will be one of the top placeing non-Americans. He has already shown his dedication and focus at this years Iron Man Pro by placing first. Gustavo will secure a top five placing this year at the 2005 Olympia.

5. Lee Priest

Stats:
    Full Name: Lee Andrew Priest McCutcheon
    Nickname: The Blond Myth
    Height: 5'4
    Off Season Weight: 285 lbs
    Competition Weight: 200 lbs

Lee Priest, one of the most respected bodybuilders in my eyes, will be sure to do well at this years 2005 Olympia. The man is just 5"4' and with a competition weight of 200lbs the man is still able to play with those who nearly weigh 100lbs more than him. Lee looked unbeleivable at this years Arnold Classic, he is sure to do well this year at the O.

6. Markus Ruhl

Stats:
    Full Name: Markus Ruhl
    Height: 5'11
    Off Season Weight: 330
    Competition Weight: 285

Last year Markus placed 5th at the Olympia. He is truely a massive guy, however his aesthetics lack behind many of the others and because of this he will sadly have difficulty placing in the top 5. Nonetheless someone to look out for.

7. Victor Martinez
    Stats:
    Full Name: Victor Martinez
    Height: 5'9
    Off Season Weight: 260 lbs.
    Competition Weight: 240 lbs.

One of my personal favorites and underlooked competitors, Victor Martinez. He is truely something to look out for in the future. Though the Dominican native may not have as much experience as the other competitors, it is difficult to even see. He has an incredible physique, with great symetry, cuts as well as mass. Give this man two years and you'll be seeing him in the top three, guarenteed!

8. Gunter Schlierkamp

Stats:
    Full Name: Gunter Schlierkamp
    Height: 6'1"
    Off Season Weight: 290-300 lbs.

Competition Weight: 280-285 lbs.

One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. His golden personality on and off the stage, matches his golden toned skin on the stage. He may be one of the most welknown bodybuilders however it seems as though his height has lead it to become difficult for him to gain that crucial thickness that every competitor is searching for. Nonetheless the man will be placing in the top 10 for sure.

9. Alexander Federov

Stats:
    Name: Alexander Federov
    Height: u/a
    Competition Weight: u/a

A Russian citizen, Alexander Federov plans to shock the bodybuilding community. Though many might know exactly who he is, I am sure after this years Olympia many more will have respect for him. He has an incredible physique and will be sure to place in the top ten this year.

10. Kris Dim

Stats:
    Name: Krisna Dim
    Height: 5'6
    Competition Weight: 185 lbs.

Kris Dim's amazing cuts will guide him to round out the top ten this year. Though he may lack size and thickness this man is a future star and in 5 years he will sure be placing in the top 5. Keep an eye out for him.

Though Jay Cutler will have trouble from dethrowning Mr. Ronnie Coleman I am sure that he will come in bigger than ever. The word on ths street is that Cutler has never been working as hard as he is right now. He took off from the Arnold Classic to allow himself to have a better chance this year the 2005 Olympia. Jay Cutler is on the rise, and though Ronnie Coleman is the only thing standing in his way, he will get their, eventually.

Victor Martinez is easily one of the most underrated competitors the bodybuilding community has seen. The Dominican Republic native has amazing size and definition which can not be beat. This man has one of the most incredible physiques I have ever seen. I am sure Victor Martinez will be placing in the top 3 in a few short years, the man is on the rise.

How do you feel about the Mr. Olympia contest? Do you get excited for this time of year, like football fans when the Superbowl comes around, or do you not really care?

I love this feeling! I love seeing the shape these guys in from the past years. I love to see their improvements and knowing that I am not the only one out their who lives such a lifestlye, even though mine may not be as extreme. This year is truely goign to be a year to rememeber, will Jay Cutler steal the thrown or will Big Ron win his eighth consecutive title to tie the all time record? I also enjoy watching the new young stars who are on the rise. I can't wait to see where Victor Martinez, Kris Dim and Gunter Schlierkamp will be in a few years. This year will definately be interesting!
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

Striated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How it will go down at the O

1.Ronnie Coleman
    2.Chris Cormier
    3.Jay Cutler
    4.Alexander Federov
    5.Gustavo Badell
    6.Branch Warren
    7.Dennis James
    8.Darrem Charles
    9.Markus Ruhl
    10.Lee Priest

Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The Olympia is the ultimate display of the human physique. Athletes push themselves to the limit of physical endeavour and beyond in an attempt to realize their dream- that of taking home the coveted Sandow statuette; the trophy that comes with becoming the new Mr Olympia.

Throughout the years there have only ever been 10 Mr Olympia winners. It has been decades since a champion was dethroned and in these past 20 years alone there have only been 3 winners; the record holding Lee Haney, the mass monster that was Dorian Yates and the current undefeated champion, big Ronnie Coleman. Does this indicate a tendency for champions to be created and stay on their throne as long as their body will allow? A deeper political aspect? A certain staleness in the judging? Or a lack of competition? Probably a mixture of each. However I believe that the 2005 Olympia will be one of the most hotly contended competitions for years.

The question is will the 40th anniversary Olympia be a time for change and the emergence of new blood or a time for continuity and tradition? Only time will tell.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek5.htm

WHO’S WON?

1965 - Larry Scott
    1966 - Larry Scott
    1967 - Sergio Oliva
    1968 - Sergio Oliva
    1969 - Sergio Oliva
    1970 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1971 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1972 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1973 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1974 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1975 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1976 - Franco Columbu
    1977 - Frank Zane
    1978 - Frank Zane
    1979 - Frank Zane
    1980 - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    1981 - Franco Columbu
    1982 - Chris Dickerson
    1983 - Samir Bannout
    1984 - Lee Haney
    1985 - Lee Haney
    1986 - Lee Haney
    1987 - Lee Haney
    1988 - Lee Haney
    1989 - Lee Haney
    1990 - Lee Haney
    1991 - Lee Haney
    1992 - Dorian Yates
    1993 - Dorian Yates
    1994 - Dorian Yates
    1995 - Dorian Yates
    1996 - Dorian Yates
    1997 - Dorian Yates
    1998 - Ronnie Coleman
    1998 - Ronnie Coleman
    2000 - Ronnie Coleman
    2001 - Ronnie Coleman
    2002 - Ronnie Coleman
    2003 - Ronnie Coleman
    2004 - Ronnie Coleman

2005 - ????

As you can see, only 10 people have ever taken a Sandow home. What implications may have on this years competition? This could be the point at which Ronnie Coleman is dethroned and a new Mr Olympia is crowned- after all, it as a significant year in Olympia history with it being the events 40th anniversary. Maybe a shake up is due at Olympia? Or maybe continuity and tradition will prevail?

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN THE 2005 MR. OLYMPIA? WHY?
    WHAT DO YOU THINK THE TOP 10 WILL LOOK LIKE? WHY DO YOU PUT THEM IN THIS ORDER?

Before we can predict anything we must first of all look at who’s qualified for this year’s competition. Below is a list of the qualifying competitors in alphabetical order along with their country and their route of qualification.

Melvin Anthony Jr.

USA

2005 Arnold Classic 5th

Gustavo Badell

Puerto Rico

2004 Mr. Olympia 3rd

Darrem Charles

Trinidad

2005 New York Pro 1st

Ronnie Coleman

USA

Current Mr. Olympia

Chris Cormier

USA

2004 Dutch Grand Prix 2nd

Jay Cutler

USA

2004 Mr. Olympia 2nd

Kris Dim

USA

2004 England Grand Prix 3rd

Alexander Fedorov

Russia

2004 Russian Grand Prix 2nd

Johnnie Jackson

USA

2005 Toronto Pro 2nd

Victor Martinez

USA

2005 New York Pro 3rd

Mustafa Mohammad

Jordan

2004 Dutch Grand Prix 3rd

Lee Priest

Australia

2005 Ironman Pro 2nd

Craig Richards

USA

2005 New York Pro 4th

Ronnie Rockel

Germany

2005 Australian Pro 3rd

Markus Ruhl

Germany

2004 Mr. Olympia 5th

Gunter Schlierkamp

Germany

2004 Mr. Olympia 6th

Michael Sheridan

England

2004 Russian Grand Prix 4nd

Quincy Taylor

USA

2005 Europa Super Show 3rd

Branch Warren

USA

2005 Europa Super Show 1st

List of competitors from http://www.2005olympia.com

Unfortunately I fear that there is more to becoming Mr Olympia than just your physique. Whilst Ronnie Coleman started as a truly worthy champion in more recent years he has been criticized for his shear size and particularly the distension of his belly. This is a feature of growth hormone abuse and not only does it openly indicate steroid use, it also detracts from his streamlining and aesthetic appeal, yet he’s still manage to hold on to his title for seven consecutive years. Whether this is due to behind the scenes politics or a recent propensity to give the title to the biggest man on stage is unknown, but things may change.

This year the judging criteria of Mr Olympia have included a clamp down on distended bellies and an emphasis on aesthetics and symmetry. If these rules are enforced to the letter, Ronnie Coleman will have to do a lot of work to maintain his hold on the title.

“The multiple winners we have seen are a sheer reflection of the
    lack of rotation of opinions and the people who are judging this show”

Shawn Ray

Bodybuilding.com interview
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson57.htm

However, this rule has been in place for many years. It is nothing new that aesthetics and symmetry should be at the forefront, however it is unusual that in the build-up to an Olympia these criteria have been emphasised as much as they have been. In the past an aesthetically weak Dorian Yates won the 1996 Olympia in the middle of his reign against superior competition. It seems that tradition and continuity counts for a lot. This is only exemplified further with the fact that there have only been 3 winners in the past 20 years.
    BLAP BLAP BLAPB APBLAP PLAB BAPB BP@P BLAPL APBLL LBAP

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    - Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Taking all of this into account my predictions for Mr Olympia 2005 are;

1st Place. Ronnie Coleman

“I just want to be the best bodybuilder that I can be as long as I can be.
    If it includes breaking Lee Haney's record then that is something I would
    cherish more than anything in the world”

Ronnie Coleman

Bodybuilding.com interview
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rcinter.htm

Ronnie’s record speaks for itself. It seems that Ronnie Coleman is destined to equal Lee Haney’s record, if not better it. Unlike Dorian Yates before him, Ronnie’s body seems to be holding up well in terms of injury and he personally shows no signs of wanting to quit. Ronnie has the best back in the business and he untouchable in this respect. His legs are another massive strength, with not many coming close in this regard. He is also a veteran of the business and will come into the Olympia weekend with perfect conditioning. I don’t think that fact that he will be the oldest competitor on stage will go against him at all.

In terms of weaknesses, as stated earlier, Ronnie has had a huge problem with his gut in the past. It ruins his symmetry and smacks of GH abuse. However, that hasn’t stopped him in the past and I don’t think it will get in his way in the future.

2nd Place. Jay Cutler

“On August 3rd, 1991, I began my journey towards becoming the best…

… On October 15th 2005 I will arrive at my destiny”

Jay Cutler Official Website

http://www.jaycutler.com/

There is certainly no doubt in Jay Cutler’s mind that he will be taking the Sandow from Ronnie this year. In terms of shear size Jay comes a close second to Ronnie Coleman, but without the hugely distended belly. Jay’s major weankness when placed side by side with Ronnie is his back. Although he has great upper back development he lacks the middle and low back he needs to challenge Coleman’s all round physique.

At the 2001 Olympia Jay Cutler seemingly came out of nowhere to push Ronnie to the edge of defeat. Jay took second and has been right behind Ronnie ever since. Unfortunately I think that’s where he’ll stay, for this year at least.

3rd Place. Gustavo Badell

“It would be great to be Mr. Olympia,
    but I can't say ‘I'm going to win’ or ‘I'm going to be in the top five’…
    I just want to always get better and show everyone how good I can be.
    I don't want to get bigger, just always getting better”

Gustavo Badell Official Website

http://www.gustavobadell.com

Gustavo hasn’t let himself fall into the super-mass game that Ronnie and Jay are playing and I fear it will cost him somewhat, but the development of what he has is extremely impressive.

Under Milos Sarcev’s guidance Gustavo Badell came into the 2005 Ironman up to 15lbs heavier than last year, dry and cut. He is in the shape of his life and has a lot of experience, both his own and that of Milos, to draw upon and help him come into Mr Olympia with near perfect conditioning. If Gustavo can time his peak right I predict a great Olympia for him.

4th Place. Chris Cormier

“I am not that type of a person that someone could just
    doubt me and I will sit there and take that.
    I will show everyone exactly who I am and what I am made of,
    how hard I can work, how good a competitor I will be…”

Chris Cormier

Bodybuilding.com Interview
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/chriscormier.htm

Chris Cormier is one of the most controversial characters in bodybuilding. Removing himself from the controversy of being caught with needles and steroids at an airport, under investigation for domestic violence and known for his partying lifestyle, Chris Cormier has focused the last few years on his family and his career. I think this focus will pay off in terms of Olympia placing.

Chris Cormier has the ability to come in to a show in great condition with little to no water retention. He has great symmetry and a great aesthetic appeal. I terms of his Mr Olympia conditioning I don’t think there will any problems whatsoever, the last few years of his career have shown this with one Pro 1st place (2005 San Francisco Pro) and five 2nd places (2005 Arnold Classic, 2004 Arnold Classic, 2004 Grand Prix England, 2004 Grand Prix Australia, 2004 Grand Prix Holland) in the last 2 years alone.

5th Place. Mustafa Mohammad

Mustafa has had some health scares in recent times, something which many have attributed to the abuse of diuretics pre-contest. However, Mustafa has a great all round physique. He manages to come in full and dry almost every show with an extremely impressive body. However there is a bit issue with consistency when it comes to Mustafa. Most would agree that he is seldom placed as high as he should be with his awesome quads, his awesome overall mass and the fact that he can come in with great conditioning if he needs to.

However, his placing have been all over the place. In the past 2 years alone he has placed 12th (2004 Arnold Classic), 3rd (2004 IFBB Grand Prix Holland 2004), 17th (2004 Mr. Olympia), 7th (2005 IFBB San Francisco Pro Invitational) and finally 10th (2005 IFBB New York Pro Championships). If he can get his conditioning down perfectly (which I believe he can under the guidance of Milos) I think he has a good chance of making top 5.

6th Place. Alexander Fedorov

Alex Fedorov is the youngest competitor this year, and the only Mr Olympia competitor to be under the age of 30. As such he has a lot of potential. He finished second to Ronnie Coleman at the Russian Gran Prix last November, which will be a boost to his confidence no end.

Ultimately, Fedorov is the new boy on the scene. He has the size and potentially the conditioning to well but needs to come into the Olympia weekend spot on. He is untested at Olympia level, having never competed in an Olympia before. I think he mass may help him sneak into the top 10 if his conditioning is perfect. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the experience to do serious damage and should be looking at this Olympia appearance as a platform from which to mount a serious challenge in the future.

7th Place. Dennis James

Dennis James has a great chance of making it well into the top 10 this year. He has the size to help him advance in the placing, but great symmetry and aesthetics with it. His official pictures from 7 weeks out indicate fantastic conditioning and I have no doubt that he’ll come into Olympia dry and full. He certainly has the contest pedigree to come in on form.

His legs have fantastic development, particularly his hamstrings, but little is being shown of his leg development pre Olympia.. He has a great back development which will help his cause. He was placed 7th in the Olympia 2001, and although he looks fuller this time round I don’t think he’s done enough to warrant a higher placing.

8th Place. Lee Priest

Always a fan favourite, Lee Priest probably automatically wins the title of ‘Fan’s Mr Olympia’! Lee Priest has consistently squeezed into top 10 for several years and he will undoubtedly be looking to better this result. In terms of strengths his arms are probably the best out there. They are both full and proportionally developed, so there is not much competition in this regard.

However, Lee Priest has had a problem with consistency when it comes to competition. Past Olympia showings have him in top 10 and even top 6 condition, all destroyed by an awful 15th place at the 2003 Olympia. With all of his previous experience Lee Priest should come into the 2005 on top of his game in terms of dryness and fullness. There is every reason that he will be near perfect condition wise.

Unfortunately I think that there are too many competitors with better overall development and basically more shear mass for Lee Priest to do serious damage this year, but I certainly hope he proves me wrong.

9th Place. Kris Dim

Chris Dim certainly isn’t anywhere near the size of the mass monster that be surrounding him on stage come Olympia 2005, and I think that will work to his advantage.

Dim has a tiny little waste, something that may just work to his advantage if the rules are enforced this year like they should be. His v-taper is awesome, but this comes through the sacrifice of shear mass- something which will hold him back this year. There are too many around him with the size and experience to keep him from placing up there. His leg development is weak compared to the others he’ll be on stage with.

If Dim can come in with great conditioning I think he’ll get himself into the top 10 simply based on his aesthetic appeal, great lines and awesome symmetry.

10th Place. Darrem Charles

Darrem Charles can have outstanding conditioning when he works on it. In terms of competition, he is well accomplished having several Pro wins in the past few years (including the Toronto Pro, Florida Pro, IBBF Maximus Pro and the SW Pro Cup). He is a man that knows how to come in on point.

Derrem Charles’ weakness is his size. He is another person to suffer against the era of the mass monster. He has some great symmetry and aesthetic appeal but not the mass to be a serious contender. If he can come in with great conditioning I think he’ll match his placing at the 2004 Olympia and come in at a solid no.10.
    Last edited by Blap Blaow; 10-05-2005 at 04:56 PM.

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE WILL MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT? WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST UNDER-RATED COMPETITOR THAT COULD SURPRISE PEOPLE THIS YEAR?

I hope that the one person with the biggest improvement will be the same person that will come to surprise many this year; Mustafa Mohammad. In terms of physique, Mustafa has one of the best around in my opinion. He is great overall development with no one discernable weak point. His downfall has always been his conditioning. Mustafa will benefit tremendously from the guidance of Milos Sarcev both in terms of training and conditioning and if they are both on top of their game I predict big things for Mustafa. If not, Mustafa will yet again fall by the wayside as a victim of poor preparation and insufficient presentation.

Another competitor set to step up this year is Kris Dim. Dim looks awesome already but needs to bring up weak points for the future. Whilst I don’t predict Kris Dim will do much damage to the front runners this time the experience he gains from his first Mr Olympia will be invaluable for the future. He’s definitely one to look out for in years to come.

BONUS QUESTION: HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE MR. OLYMPIA CONTEST? DO YOU GET EXCITED FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR, LIKE FOOTBALL FANS WHEN THE SUPERBOWL COMES AROUND, OR DO YOU NOT REALLY CARE?

This is the first Mr Olympia I have ever been interested in. Pro bodybuilding has essentially zero coverage in the UK and as such it is not something that I have ever been exposed to. However, as I have developed my knowledge of bodybuilding in general so too has Pro competition become increasingly more interesting to me.

Without a doubt this year’s Mr Olympia will be hotly contested and is already being hyped as one of the closest competitions in history. This no doubt adds to the excitement. Unfortunately I’m yet to find anywhere in the UK which will the airing the event so I will have to keep up to date with news online. For this reason alone Mr Olympia doesn’t really come close to the football (soccer) World Cup, Ashes cricket or Olympic Games in my book. I’m sure that if I ever got the chance to see an Olympia event live I would quickly change my mind though! Nevertheless, I am very exciting in seeing exactly how Olympia 2005 will pan out…

Thank you for reading

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ho_124 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Who Will Be The Top 10 Finishers At The 2005 Mr. Olympia?

It’s that time of year again near the end of summer when the Mr. Olympia bodybuilding contest comes. This competition most definitely goes unnoticed by the majority of common people who have no connection to the bodybuilding world. Unlike the Superbowl or Stanely Cup, the Mr. Olympia competition doesn’t get aired on big networks and usually goes by without even being reported in the newspaper. But anyone who is into bodybuilding knows about the competition and anticipates its coming anxiously. The talk in the gym suddenly changes from “Hey, what’s your bench now?” to “Hey who do you think is Jay Cutler is going to win this time?” To the average gym member who doesn’t know what their doing there and doesn’t belong there, it all seems like gibberish whose idea of bodybuilding is some half naked freaks flexing all day. For the hardcore fans it’s more than that, it’s about seeing the best bodybuilders in action again sporting bigger, more ripped and symmetrical bodies. And most of all, we want the question everyone is asking answered, the question that the whole contest is centered around. Who is the best of all bodybuilders.

Ronnie Coleman is destined to win his 8th Mr. Olympia this year. I don’t want to list anyone else to be “different” but this guy who everyone knows will win even though some people don’t agree he deserves it. This is in part true. His body I would say isn’t very symmetrical and his definition isn’t the best. So why do I think Ronnie Coleman is going to win? Well here are some points.

1. He is just downright massive
    That is right. There is no denying Ronnie Coleman is the biggest person in the game. Especially his arms, shoulders, quads, back (especially lats) and his gluts which look alien and inhuman. There has also been talk about how Ronnie sports the biggest back in the game, and this is true. Before I really knew much about the sport of bodybuilding, I once saw a slide of bodybuilders lined up flexing their backs in a row. I didn’t even have to study the picture and I already said “That guy’s back is huge! He’s a monster”, and you guessed it, someone told me it was a guy named Ronnie Coleman. It also helps him when the judges lean more towards size than the fine tuning of symmetry and definition. That is part of the reason why the more defined and proportioned guys end up losing.

2. Controversy
    Whenever a winner gets knocked off that everyone anticipates will win there is always controversy. Just look at other sports that require judging. There is always some type of argument about unfair and prejudice judging that goes on. Of course the IFBB doesn’t want to be caught in the middle of all this. Think about it, if you’re the head of the IFBB would you to be in the middle of an argument about who should have won the contest or would you want everything to run smoothly. Of course you want everything to run smoothly. If they knock Ronnie Coleman off the top when no one really has a clear advantage over him, his loyal fans and others will most likely criticize the IFBB for unfair judging.

3. The IFBB doesn’t want to upset viewers
    This is probably something that a lot of you might not agree on. But really, just look at all the other sports. When someone has won a tournament many times, we often tend to root for that player. For some reason it is human nature to want the veteran player to win the contest, tournament or what not rather than some no name guy. Face it, it’s true, in tennis when Andy Roddick got dropped by some no name guy called Giles Muller from Luxembourg everyone got upset except for Luxembourg people which was probably like 2 guys. The same might happen with bodybuilding. If Ronnie gets taken off by another person a lot of people might get upset since the defending champ is usually the one most people cheer for.

1. Ronnie Coleman
    - He is the biggest guy in the competition which is the main factor even though his muscle definition isn’t the greatest and his body isn’t very proportioned. His symmetry also isn’t that good.
    - His back is well known for being crazy inhuman as well as his lower body. His gluts are crazy as well as his quads
    - Ronnie has an amazing track record winning numerous competitions
    - Ronnie has gone to so many competitions that I have no doubt he will come to this competition in peak condition since he has prepared so many times.

2. Jay Cutler
    - Next to Ronnie is probably the next biggest guy
    - Jay Cutler’s fine tuning is also good with some good muscle definition and alright symmetry

3. Marcus Ruhl
    - A lot might disagree but I feel Marcus Ruhl has a good shot at getting third
    - In my opinion he has the best abs and chest of last year’s top five winners for the Mr. Olympia. Not only is the shape of his chest good but it is probably the largest of the top five.
    - He is also very symmetrical and cut

4. Gustavo Badell
    - Gustavo Badell has got some very good mass (Especially his traps) which is backed up with some of the greatest definition I have seen.
    - He has one of the best set of abs in the top ten bodybuilders

5. Chris Cormier
    - Chris Cormier has some exceptional mass.
    - He has got a crazy back. In my opinion he has the 2nd or 3rd best back in the game
    - His fine tuning is also very good. He has razor sharp body parts and is also quite symmetrical

6. Lee Priest
    - Lee Priest is probably the next biggest guy
    - He has a really good set of defined abs, and probably the best forearms
    - He has a razor sharp upper body
    - I do feel his back is lacking, especially his traps which are lacking

7. Gunter Schlierkamp
    - Nothing very special about Gunther Schlierkamp other than the fact he ranks as the next biggest guy
    - Has a decent well defined and symmetrical upper body
    - His quads are pretty massive

7. Dexter Jackson
    - Dexter Jackson did not deserve to place 4th in the last 2004 Mr. Olympia. First of all he isn’t that big enough to place at the position.
    - He is a well rounded bodybuilder. He doesn’t have anything that is outstanding and again he doesn’t have anything that is lacking a lot except for his mass.

8. Victor Martinez
    - He has some decent muscle mass
    - His definition is pretty good especially in his midsection
    - The one thing that he could improve on is his back and bring his traps out a little more

9. Dennis James
    - His muscle mass is alright
    - I feel that his definition could be a little better
    - His body is well proportioned
    - His upper body is well built and he has great traps

10. Alexander fedorov
    - He is probably the smallest out of the top ten people listed here which puts him at a disadvantage since the competitions are judged by size
    - His chest isn’t the greatest and isn’t very symmetrical because he had an injury there
    - I also feel that his upper body isn’t very proportional to his legs and he is the least symmetrical of all the top ten
    - His back does have some good definition, his traps aren’t the greatest however

I believe the person who will make the biggest improvement this year will be Jay Cutler. First of all there are great expectations for him to overthrow Ronnie Coleman. He even missed a couple of competitions to prepare for the Mr. Olympia 2005 which means he is working harder than ever to achieve this goal. No other bodybuilder has this much motivation to train as hard or diet so cleanly than Jay Cutler.

I feel that the most under-rated competitor would be Marcus Ruhl. Out of all the top bodybuilders I hear people talk about he is least mentioned. First of all Marcus Ruhl has some pretty freaky mass. It isn’t just the kind of mass that looks like it was slapped on at the cost of definition and symmetry like Ronnie Coleman. Although it isn’t the greatest symmetry in the game he still maintains a balance between mass, symmetry and definition. His chest is probably the best of all the competitors in both shape, size and definition. His abs are also quite good considering when you have abs that large it is almost impossible to sculpt them in a perfect shape you see in some smaller bodybuilders. In terms of the shape of his upper body I think he did a superb job. His pecs are razor sharp along with his arms and shoulders which fit together well. His back is also very symmetrical and has good mass to it especially his traps. His legs are very well done with the cut calves going and the massive quads balanced by his hamstrings. Of the top five of the last Mr. Olympia 2004 I feel that Markus Ruhl has done the best fine tuning even though he isn’t the biggest guy out there.

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Awesome articles and predictions, everyone!

Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who Will Be The Top 10 Finishers At The 2005 Mr. Olympia?

The Competitors:

Name Country How Qualified
    Ronnie Coleman USA 2004 Mr. Olympia Winner
    Jay Cutler USA 2004 Mr. Olympia 2nd
    Gustavo Badell Puerto Rico 2004 Mr. Olympia 3rd
    Markus Ruhl Germany 2004 Mr. Olympia 5th
    Gunter Schlierkamp Germany 2004 Mr. Olympia 6th
    Alexander Fedorov Russia 2004 Russian Grand Prix 2nd
    Michael Sheridan England 2004 Russian Grand Prix 4nd
    Chris Cormier USA 2004 Dutch Grand Prix 2nd
    Mustafa Mohammad Jordan 2004 Dutch Grand Prix 3rd
    Kris Dim USA 2004 England Grand Prix 3rd
    Lee Priest Australia 2005 Ironman Pro 2nd
    Troy Alves USA 2005 Ironman Pro 3rd
    Melvin Anthony USA 2005 Arnold Classic 5th
    Ronnie Rockel Germany 2005 Australian Pro 3rd
    Darrem Charles Trinidad 2005 New York Pro 1st
    Ahmad Haidar Lebanon 2005 New York Pro 2nd
    Victor Martinez USA 2005 New York Pro 3rd
    Craig Richardson USA 2005 New York Pro 4th
    Capriese Murray USA 2005 New York Pro 5th
    Johnnie Jackson USA 2005 Toronto Pro 2nd
    Branch Warren USA 2005 Southwest Supershow 1st
    Quincy Taylor USA 2005 Southwest Supershow 3rd
    Dennis James USA 2005 Charlotte Pro 2nd
    George Farah USA 2005 Charlotte Pro 3rd

Extracted from http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles...mpetitors.html

The Winner of the 2005 Mr Olympia

This definitely has to be Ronnie Coleman AKA Big Ron. This guy is extraordinary. His size is out of this world. Many of the people think that this might be the year of Jay Cutler. They said that only because they listen to what the media wants them to hear. But in reality, Ronnie Coleman is much better than Jay. I am not just talking about a simple comparison in size, which Ronnie would easily win but the proportion of Ronnie’s upper and lower body is absolutely perfect. Most bodybuilders have very huge upper bodies with huge legs. But it always seemed like the legs are always lagging by just a little. But for Ronnie Coleman, that is not the case. His legs are equally matched with the large upper body that he carries. And when ever he comes onto the stage, his legs are just shredded. Everywhere from the Inner quad to the outer quad or even the mind-blowing gluts, you can clearly see every line and detail popping out from that paper like skin of his.

But although Ronnie Coleman is clearly going to win, the IFBB will want to give the crowd some entertainment first. Since Ronnie Coleman has been so dominant in the last 7 years, it would no fun to watch Ronnie just run away with the title once again. What would most probably happen is that Ronnie Coleman would be extremely close with jay cutler in the points system until the last couple of rounds. The judges may even put Ronnie Coleman behind Jay cutler and Gustavo until the last couple of rounds just to keep the excitement building. It is common sense that a champion coming from behind to win the game is always something not to be missed. It will provide a show for the audience at a slight expense for Ronnie Coleman’s glory.

Ronnie Coleman will obviously be coming in larger than before, so it is impossible for the judges to sneak by a new champion without raising some questions. If they do so, it would further amplify the politics involved in the sport of bodybuilding, that would not only encourage the setting up of a separate bodybuilding organization, which is already rumoured to be in the making, it would also lower the chances of having new blood into the sport. And that would definitely hurt profits, which is something Joe Weider just cannot afford to do.

Top 10 placers:

1) Ronnie Coleman
    He is simple huge and carrying too much muscle for him to lose. So there is simple no way this freak of nature can be taken out by anyone.
    2) Jay Cutler
    His “quest” for the Olympia is not going to happen this year, for now at least. I would say that jay would be a potential contender for the title assuming Ronnie Coleman thinks of stepping down soon. Some people would place Jay behind Gustavo because of Jay’s lack of Olympia standard back, but I think Jay will stay because Jay has been very focused on building that weak spot. For this year’s Olympia Jay has put in 2 times the effort for his back. He has split his back routine into a Lower back and upper back workout, unlike the conventional “Back” only workout. So it would be exciting to see how Jay’s back developed since the previous Olympia has. And also he has spent this entire year focused on the show, so he will definitely be staying in second place.
    3) Gustavo Badell
    This guy is a relatively new comer. But yet he has made such an impact of the bodybuilding scene. Just like how Dorian Yates stormed into the scene. He would also be one of the top contenders to take the title if Ronnie Coleman decides to one day retire from the sport of bodybuilding. This guy’s back is unbelievably conditioned. His back has the size, definition and symmetry that Jay doesn’t seem to have. But the reason he will lose out to Jay is because he is a new comer and his stage presence and stage confidence is not really there yet. The last Olympia, he looked a little overwhelmed and awkward during his posing routines. So because of this Jay would take it away from him. Tipping the scales at about 260 he has a great balance of size and shape.

Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4) Chris Cormier
    This guy is practically going to come back from the dead to take 4th. Many people speculated that Chris’s Era is well over after a previous string of disappointing shows. But this time he is as ready as ever. The “Real Deal” has been dying to prove his critics wrong and I am pretty sure the 2005 Mr Olympia would be his stage to do so. During his off season, he was tipping the scales at 297lbs! And I am not talking about a fat Cormier either. It was 297lbs giant with abs showing and cheekbones almost popping out. And to top that off, he will be coming to the show in the mid 260lbs. So can you imagine the conditioning and size this guy is going to bring? Something not to be missed.
    5) Markus Ruhl
    Many people thought that since Dexter Jackson was pulling out of the Olympia, Markus would automatically move up the placing. But too bad for markus, Chris Cormier is hungrier than him this year around. But in a recent guest posing that Markus did, he showed that he has really developed a very impressive chest and shoulders. It is much fuller and thicker than before. This year he is also actively trying to improve his back. Many people have said that his back lacks definition and separation. From the looks of recent pictures, his back has really packed on the desired size and width. So I would place him 5th.
    6) Lee priest
    After news that he has in an accident, many thought that this man would pull out of the show unexpectedly. But luckily for all of us, he just got away with a few bruises and a bad scare. Nothing major to stop this Australian Superman from pumping iron. Despite his lack of height, he has an impressive symmetry along with huge ripped guns. The only problem is his mouth. This guy is known to be one of the most outspoken people in the sport of bodybuilding. He always has something to say about the people running the system. Not that it is bad to speak your mind, but after thousands and thousands of fine payments, he still has not learnt when it is in his best interest to stay low profile. Other than that the package he is going to bring to the table would place him around the midfield spots.
    7) Gunter Schlierkamp
    Ever since his raise to fame in 2002 at the Show of strength, he has not been able to produce an equally outstanding performance since then. He has not been as cut or as full as he was back then. Back then in 2002, he was dubbed the next person to dethrone Ronnie Coleman. He made Ronnie Coleman quit thoughts about shows for the following year just to make sure he had the Mr Olympia title for next year. Ronnie even made a video. So I wouldn’t say that Gunter didn’t deserve to beat Ronnie then, but I am suggesting that the win that he got in 2002, was a marketing strategy. But now the Gunter “stocks” are at an all time low. Although he still has a pretty impressive physique, I doubt he would be making a huge impression.
    8) Darrem Charles
    This guy is currently on a winning streak . It would seem like he has finally found himself a winning formula to get ready for shows. His conditioning is amazingly spot on. Darrem Has always been like Shawn Ray. Someone that always try to come in looking the best shape of their life, rather than playing the size and mass game which someone like artwood would do. His stage presence is also very good. He is confident and sure of himself when on stage. He will never be a top contender for the title until he starts to put in more effort into those legs. If you were to look at his overall package, his upper body is considerably larger than his lower body. If he is able to bring it together this year, the conditioning and leg size , he would place 8th.
    9) Victor Martinez
    He is someone with the potential to go all the way. But he just needs to focus. It has been said time and time again the Victor starts to lose concentration nearing the finish line. His conditioning is also something he needs to work on. Sometimes he gets it sometimes he is just horrible. So if he can remain focus he should be able to make it to the top 10 spots. He has the size and shape for it but still lacking that touch of greatness which all champions seem to have.
    10) Troy Alves
    This guy got to be one of the most improved bodybuilder this year. Compared to last year, he has significantly improved a whole lot. His performance during the 2005 Ironman Pro Invitational was stunning. Until now, many people still think he should have won that show. His gluts and Hams has been a tremendous focal point. It used to be just a part of him, but now it has been one of his stronger points.

Most improved bodybuilder
    Without a Doubt, Troy would have to be the most improved bodybuilder this year. On Oct 15 he will show everyone that he has broken through and is starting his quest to make an impact of the bodybuilding scene. He has incorporated unconventional ways to fine tune his muscles and to make them look more shapely and defined. He was 15th last year and placing 10th this year would be a great achievement. Therefore he is my pick for most under-rated bodybuilder to surprise everyone.

Bonus Question:
    I have always regarded the Mr Olympia to be the Wrestlemaia of WWE or the Superbowl of Football. It is basically the centre stage where everyone would be eyeing on the top prize. This year I am not super psyched about the Show because I already know who is going to be the winner in the end. It is going to be Ronnie Coleman. Point simple, Point Blank. But if it were like a very close fight between the top 5 contestants, then it would be more excited about it. It wouldn’t really say that I don’t care, but I would choose a superbowl event over this anyday. With that being said, I would still be going to check the show out, for the expos etc. I would also want to see what the new comer Alex Federov can bring to the table.

P.S Although Alex has a great Olympia Package, he still has a lot to learn before he thinks of placing with the big boys.

Referances:
    www.getbig.com
    www.bodybuilding.com
    www.findarticles.com

Would i count as making it in time?

My word document because of the error in format when i poated it/..
    i hope i made it in time
    Attached Files

djlucy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

diesel dave

Ronnie Coleman will win again b/c he continues to get better every year: Either more size, or more hardness--he brings something more than last year. History proves that even if you don't get better, reigning Mr. Olympias' don't get dethroned.
    Ronnie Coleman is getting better. End of story.
    Then so goes the battle for second.
    Next?

[sorry for the O/T in advance Will, but I thought this was relevant]

looks like we've all got it wrong already! Lee Priest is out!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=595411

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

t81964 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool what will be the outcome of the olympia

This will be a great one none the les Big Ron Coleman will emerge victorious again.At this point in his career he is unbeatable.Then maybe Jay,Dexter if he is competing.I actually think Dexter has beat Jay twice.I also think putting Gustavo before Dexter was very wrong he is not the quality bodybuilder that Dexter is by far.Not that I don't like Gustavo.