Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vegreenmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vegan/Vegetarian women - help prove my husband wrong!

I just told my husband how I'm a vegetarian again (I was one for years and years, but stopped from ages 19-21 for no real reason).

He says that there's no way I can get the body I want (such as the women on the cover of Oxygen or HERS) eating this way, but I know that's not true. He is the type to think that all vegetarians and vegans look sickly. Help me prove him wrong. If you're a vegetarian or a vegan and have muscle... can you please post a picture here of either you or another veg*n woman who looks GOOD? I just want him to realize that he's wrong about this but I can't for the life of me find any good pictures online to prove my point :-/

Sorry if it's a weird request lol

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Vegreenmom...

I think you need to decide what your goal is here. There's a difference between being "healthy" and being "one of those girls on the cover of oxygen". You can be a vegetarian and if you really focus on your nutrition (it will take a LOT of work) you can be fit and build some muscle. No plant-based food contains all your essential amino acids - excpet soy and i'll get to that in a minute. But you can get what you need from a variety of foods. Rice and beans, for example, will give you a "complete" protein. If you are interested in building some serious muscle, you'll have to track everything you eat and monitor not just protein intake, but adequate intake of all 9 essential aminos to ensure you get enough of each. Missing intake of even one of them will seriously hamper your muscle building efforts.

As a vegetarian you will have a tough time looking like one of the girls on the cover of oxygen, or any kind of figure competitor. Those girls go through an intense period of "cutting" where most of us eliminate nearly all our carbs at the end. Usually we eat a lot of protein and fat, with some green veggies and that's it. You would be hard pressed to get enough protein without taking in too many carbs as a vegetarian. You'd end up eating a lot of highly processed soy and hemp products and very little "Real food". While consuming soy products a few times a week is okay, relying solely on soy products for protein for too long will inded make you sick and will NOT help you burn fat and keep the muscle.

"Soy estrogens damage far more than the reproductive system. The thyroid is usually hurt first, leading to loss of energy, weight gain, depression, lethargy and a host of other symptoms." Hypothyroidism is characterized by a chronically low body temperature and slow metabolism. Your thyroid hormones (T4-T3) are what is responsible for calorie metabolism.
    -Dr. Kaayle Daniel who wrote The Whole Soy Story
    check out this interview with her http://www.musclewithattitude.com/re...etAndNutrition
    or visit her website
    www.wholesoystory.com

There is a website called www.veganbodybuilding.com which can give you some of the pictures I think you're looking for. One point to remember, have these people always been vegans or were they meat eaters when they built all that muscle and can now sustain a vegan lifestyle when they only have to maintain their mass?

My point is you need to figure out your priorities. Are you a vegan for ethical concerns? A simple distaste for meat? Are you more concerned with building muscle or with not eating animals. Do you want to be healthy or do you want to be a fitness model? Remember those are two very different things. To be honest, if I wasn't in to BBing I would probably be a vegetarian, but I know that just doesn't mesh with my goals.
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential

Vegreenmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a vegan for all reasons - ethical as well as health benefits. I'm concerned about both building muscle AND not eating animals, I won't eat animals just to build muscle. I want to be healthy first and foremost, but I want to have lean muscle. Not necessarily look like cover models, but definitely have some defined muscle.

I am already reading veganbodybuilder and keeping track of the vegetarian/vegan post here and realize that many MANY people build muscle while begin veg, it's all about willpower. Which I have TONS of. I am well aware of how much protein, carbs, fat to eat - I'm very educated at this point on how to eat well as a vegan (I was a vegetarian for 7 years and vegagn for 2 more, only I stopped for the past two years and am now back to vegan again). I'm just trying to build lean muscle and have a nice looking stomach. Not hard goals to accomplish, I just want him to know it's possible.

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm a vegetarian and I don't look sickly.

I'm not a vegetarian for animal rights even though I support animal rights. Besides, I looooooooove leather so going veg for animal rights would make me a hypocrite.

I'm a vegetarian for two reasons.

1. Health
    2. Too lazy to cook

I've been a vegetarian for 15 years. I did the vegan thing for 2 years but that eating lifestyle made me too skinny so I stop eating that way.
    "I will persist until I succeed!" - Og Mandino

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

shellabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shellabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shellabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi

I have been vegetarian for 17 years and vegan for the past six months.
    I also started weight training in august and have been making steady progress and developing muscle. My goals are to get stronger and lose the fat on my bum and thighs and for the first time in my life I am starting to see positive changes. I do not have a digi cam to post pics though sorry.
    It is definitely possible to build muscle. I eat a lot of nuts, lentils, quinoa, beans and sometimes seitan for protein. These foods are high in carbohydrate (and fat) too but i have no problems with them and feel fitter than ever on my vegan diet, though this could be because I am paying more attention to nutrition and have eliminated a lot of processed foods.
    I am vegan for ethical reasons so I am aware that my goals would be easier on an omni diet but it is definitely possible to be fit and healthy on a vegan diet.

Here is a link to a vegan fitness model's website that you may like to see:

www.denisenicole.com

and check out:

www.veganfitness.net

Hope this helps

divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) divaspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Glad to see this thread. I have been doing a whole lot of research on this subject recently and have found a wealth of useful information as well as studies related to bodybuilding/athletes and veganism/vegetarianism.

I am allergic to all forms of dairy as well as to eggs anyways and I wasn't ever a big fan of meat. I recently became vegan for ethical reasons mostly but in general, the only thing I miss is seafood really. I just wanted to add that Quinoa is actually also a complete protein so definitely a good thing to add into your diet if not already.
    Take care!!
    ~divaspice~

craving sweet potatoes lorabeann's Avatar
    lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by goddessamazon View Post
    I'm a vegetarian and I don't look sickly.

I'm not a vegetarian for animal rights even though I support animal rights. Besides, I looooooooove leather so going veg for animal rights would make me a hypocrite.

I'm a vegetarian for two reasons.

1. Health
    2. Too lazy to cook

I've been a vegetarian for 15 years. I did the vegan thing for 2 years but that eating lifestyle made me too skinny so I stop eating that way.

Hey goddessamazon-
    Could you post a sample of a day's diet? Sometimes I am just lazy and looking for easy, quick meals. Thanks!

looking great!
    -Laura
    -Laura-

fresh beginnings going on here. watch out!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110185281

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lorabeann View Post
    Hey goddessamazon-
    Could you post a sample of a day's diet? Sometimes I am just lazy and looking for easy, quick meals. Thanks!

looking great!
    -Laura
    Thanks

Meal #1 Protein Shake and Oatmeal
    Meal #2 Liquid Egg Whites (6 - 7), fat free American cheese, onions, spinach, bell peppers and olives
    Meal #3 Sweet Potato with onions, chives and cottage cheese (with spike seasoning)
    Meal #4 Protein Shake with ground flaxseeds
    Meal #5 Spinach, avocado slices, teriyaki tofu or tempeh inside wheat pita bread *VERY YUMMY*
    or tofu with stir fry veggies.
    Meal #6 Protein Shake or cottage cheese with salsa.

I also snack on walnut nuts and almonds for good fats.
    Last edited by goddessamazon; 11-19-2007 at 07:27 PM.

repchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I want to try not eating meat and I do good for a few days then break down Any advice?

worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks

Meal #1 Protein Shake and Oatmeal
    Meal #2 Liquid Egg Whites (6 - 7), fat free American cheese, onions, spinach, bell peppers and olives
    Meal #3 Sweet Potato with onions, chives and cottage cheese (with spike seasoning)
    Meal #4 Protein Shake with ground flaxseeds
    Meal #5 Spinach, avocado slices, teriyaki tofu or tempeh inside wheat pita bread *VERY YUMMY*
    or tofu with stir fry veggies.
    Meal #6 Protein Shake or cottage cheese with salsa.

I also snack on walnut nuts and almonds for good fats.
    That's vegetarian?
    Wiz

I don't use Bowflex. The Bowflex is lame. I only workout on the original Chuck Norris Total Body Gym. It's hardcore!

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by worldofwiz View Post
    That's vegetarian?
    Total bump. That's almost more animal products than even a carnivorous person like me eats!

Speaking of ethics, eating animals sounds like a bad thing, but have you ever seen a battery of egg-laying chicken? It's a horror story.
    Also, how do you think whey gets extracted from your milk? They certainly don't chase those cows all over the Alps.
    The tiny bit I saw of food industry made me wanna vommit - and I worked as an engineer on grain dryer plants!!

I'm a sworn meat- and egg- eater and I side myself with animals by buying as much organic-bred meats and eggs as I can (where that ol' 2-year chick walked happily in the meadows before it laid an egg for me, and those cows could at least walk around a bit every day). The reason why I'm posting here is that I'd like you gals to post some links where we could REALLY make some improvements for those sadly stuck (and bound to be eaten) in the food industry. "I don't eat meat but molesting cows and chicken for milk and eggs is OK" attitude is not the most productive way about stuff. Any ideas?

Also, is it REALLY possible to be a human being without eating any meat? I mean seriously? Without any artificial supplements or things like "I don't eat any meat and dairy but I LOVE my whey powder".

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

That's vegetarian?

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    Total bump. That's almost more animal products than even a carnivorous person like me eats!
    It's obvious that you two have no idea about the different levels of vegetarians. I'm not a vegan I'm a vegetarian. Actually I'm a Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian. I don't eat any animal flesh.

It's not my job to school you on the difference so go to this link and read up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism

Oh and for the record TF a vegan can bodybuild without eating any animal products. Maybe you should do your research before commenting on something you know nothing about.

worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) worldofwiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's obvious that you two have no idea about the different levels of vegetarians. I'm not a vegan I'm a vegetarian. Actually I'm a Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian. I don't eat any animal flesh.

It's not my job to school you on the difference so go to this link and read up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism

Oh and for the record TF a vegan can bodybuild without eating any animal products. Maybe you should do your research before commenting on something you know nothing about.

It was just a question. But if you want to get salty about it be my guest. But I do know that your diet impairs Vitamin B-12 intake.
    Wiz

I don't use Bowflex. The Bowflex is lame. I only workout on the original Chuck Norris Total Body Gym. It's hardcore!

It was just a question. But if you want to get salty about it be my guest. But I do know that your diet impairs Vitamin B-12 intake.
    I did get salty but don't take it personally. I get tired of explaining to people the different levels of vegetarianism and educating them on how it's possible for both vegans and vegetarians to develop muscle mass without eating a slab of steak.

Before I started BBing I use to hear that tired old saying "How do you get your protein?" when people found out that I'm a vegetarian. Now that I have muscles I don't get asked that stupid question anymore.

Oh and by the way..........Yogurt, cheese and cereal have B- 12 in it so my diet doesn't lack vitamin B - 12.
    Last edited by goddessamazon; 11-20-2007 at 01:19 PM.

ukhoffer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

anything is possible

I have been vegetarian for many years and vegan for a year and a half. Though I don't have a picture of myself that would give you the muscular detail you are wanting, I can at least assure you that it is possible to gain muscle mass and be vegan or vegetarian. You do have do monitor your food intake closely to ensure proper calorie intake and also vitamin/mineral intake, but it gets to be a second nature after a while. Soy is a great all-round vegetarian protein so products like tofu, mock meats and soy milk are fantastic but they should not be the only sources of protien. It is important to include a lot of pulses in your diet like lentils, chickpeas and beans. I try to have goals for each meal that go a bit like this:

Breakfast: goals are carbs and LOTS of fibre (cereal and soy milk)
    snack: low GI carbs and fibre (muesli bar and apple)
    lunch: Iron (vitamins and minerals): salad with iron rich mock meat/pulses and flax
    snack: calcium (fruit and soy yoghurt)
    dinner: iron (stir fry with tofu or veggies with couscous and pulses and flax)
    snack: 1 or 2 squares of very dark chocolate or half a glass of red wine

THe best way to prove your husband wrong is not to show him pictures of other women, but to look your healthy best while being vegetarian or vegan. My husband was very negative about my switch to vegan and it took about three months of putting up with his attitude before he realised that I was healthier than ever, happier than ever and stronger than ever as well.

I did get salty but don't take it personally. I get tired of explaining to people the different levels of vegetarianism and educating them on how it's possible for both vegans and vegetarians to develop muscle mass without eating a slab of steak.

Before I started BBing I use to hear that tired old saying "How do you get your protein?" when people found out that I'm a vegetarian. Now that I have muscles I don't get asked that stupid question anymore.

Oh and by the way..........Yogurt, cheese and cereal have B- 12 in it so my diet doesn't lack vitamin B - 12.
    It's the internet I don't take anything personal.
    Wiz

ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Vegans are hypocrites in a way, although they do mean well, they are just looking at the problem with tunnel vision. For one thing, many animals die in farming methods, which leads us to the problem of certain animals showed more concern over others. Is a cow more important than birds or mice? Also, if you have any leather products or use certain cosmetics, sorry....those are animal products.

Having said that, I am not a big meat eater myself because I don't like the way it is processed. I do eat wild moose meat and grass fed meat (from a farm) when I can afford it. Usually, I will eat eggs, some fish, and protein powders. Eating all veggie products is not a good idea unless you have multiple stomachs or chew your cud. Veggies serve a purpose but they are not the great health food everyone thinks. Feed a lion veggie products for a month and he will probably die. Man can tolerate veggie products but needs protein and fat to survive. Many explorers have got lost and starved to death in the jungle despite being surrounded by vegetation.

shellabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shellabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shellabella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Well you are right, ironman, that animals die when crops etc are harvested, but veganism is a lifestyle choice, not just a diet. it means using cosmetics and household products that contain no animal products and are not tested on animals. It also means not using leather, wool, silk etc.
    It is a bit unfair to say we are hypocrites as we are just doing the best that we can.

I do not really want to get into a debate about whether it is right or wrong because everyone has their own opinions, but personally I just don't like the idea of factory farms and my stepdad used to tell me about all of the really shocking things he saw when he worked in an abbatoir so these were my choices for going vegan, but it doesn't mean that I think meat eating is wrong or whatever. Everyone is free to make their own choices and do what makes them happy, but sometimes it seems like you get loads of abuse for being vegan, and people say you are unhealthy etc, when if i ate chocolate bars and crisps and pie dinners all day nobody would question this.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since the day this thread was posted, I've been looking for vegan and vegetarian bodybuilders. I've found some men who are impressive but I'm having a REALLY hard time finding women who are impressive. I haven't found one who has a body I would strive to have yet. Has anyone found any women they find to be impressive so far as muscularity goes?

...for me, this discussion isn't interesting because I want to quit eating meat, but because methods of acheiving a higher standard of nutrition under more difficult circumstances (IMO), can be applied to everyone's diets. I have found some interesting things while searching for pictures. LOL

lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

I too am a vegetarian as well and about 6 weeks ago I started body builing... When I started I was 105lbs and now I am 120lbs with great results already.. so you can deff get the body you want... besides there's more protien in certain alternatives anyway and protien is really what you need...

so i have a kind of before and after attached...
    good luck
    Attached Images
    ~Lys~

lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50) lysbys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's vegetarian?
    yes thats vegetarian... what it isnt is Vegan...
    ~Lys~

Originally Posted by lysbys View Post
    yes thats vegetarian... what it isnt is Vegan...
    My whole point was. That all of these different labels and types will make it very hard for people to accept that lifestyle.
    Wiz

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, admittedly, they really didn't try and make it a "come join us thread", as it is...

I know some vegeterians that eat eggs and milk and fish, probably because fish doesn't scream, and some vegetarians that are ovo-lacto-chicken, because "chicken have no face" (yes it's a quote), and people who eat normal menus but won't eat lamb because they're "so cute". To each their own menu, I guess, it's just that 3 people boycotting the current farming industry won't give those corporates a lot of grief. I'll repeat my question: is there any way, aside of www.greenpeace.com, to really aggravate those people?

Current stats:
    max lifts:

<sarcasm>I guess drowning a person is fine then because it doesn't scream when it drowns.</sarcasm>
    Wiz

My whole point was. That all of these different labels and types will make it very hard for people to accept that lifestyle.
    well i just think that people find it hard because 1) they are closed minded 2) they have been so brain washed to eat meat that they dont kow any diff 3) they would rather remain ignorant...
    ~Lys~

Makes it very hard for people to accept? So we have to go out of our way to be accepted?

I can't speak for the others but I don't care if people accept me or my eating habits. As long as I look good naked I don't give a damn what they think.

PS- I'm not salty this time.

Makes it very hard for people to accept? So we have to go out of our way to be accepted?

I can't speak for the others but I don't care if people accept me or my eating habits. As long as I look good naked I don't give a damn what they think.

PS- I'm not salty this time.
    Naked in heels.

To some people vegetarianism is a cut and dry.
    Wiz

Naked in heels.

To some people vegetarianism is a cut and dry.
    And to some people black folks with dreds means they either smoke weed all day or just got off the boat from some island.

You and I have long hair but ask yourself this........which one of us cares about these "some people" and what they think?

I'm 6'2" so I don't have to be in heels. I look good with or without them.

I think he meant "to accept" not in the manner of "to accept OTHER people being vege-something" but in the manner of "becoming vege-somethings themselves"...? There's no reason to "accept" other people doing something to themselves... it's their own problem.

Current stats:
    max lifts:

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    I think he meant "to accept" not in the manner of "to accept OTHER people being vege-something" but in the manner of "becoming vege-somethings themselves"...? There's no reason to "accept" other people doing something to themselves... it's their own problem.
    OK even if he means "to accept" or "to accept OTHERS people being vege-something" my point is that I don't care what other people think (accept). I really really don't. I live my life for myself not for others. Therefore if others don't accept me being vegetarian then to hell with them.

I don't have low self esteem issues so I don't go out of my way to make people accept my height, race, hair, body, lifestyle or the way I eat and what I eat. This is my private world and I call the shots. If people don't like then they can place judgment upon me and move on.

PS- Do you all really give a sh*t if people accept the way you live your life? I'm really surprised in the responses to this thread. So you mean to tell me that if what you do makes you happy you'll change it because others don't accept it?
    Last edited by goddessamazon; 11-27-2007 at 07:04 AM.