justturned40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just Turned Forty On July 5th (pic attatched)

Hello. I am new to all this...the threads and weightlifting. I just started lifting about 10 months ago. When I started, I was doing too much...too many excercises...too little rest...undereating...yadda yadda...I was a vegetarian for 7 years, just reincorporated meat (chicken/Turkey Brst. Ostrich, fish and occassionally Buffalo) back into my diet. I am in a bulking phase to get some mass on. I used to be a runner with a runner's body..stick arms and legs. I weighed 150 pounds when I started...I am at 164 pounds right now.
    I am 5' 6''. Please dont laugh too hard at the pic.
    Attached Images

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is great progress for 10 months!

I read in another post of yours that your arms are 15". On a 5'6" frame they look great.

Keep up the good work.
    Psalm 121

KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know what you are talking about laughing at the pic. Looks good to me. You don't have a runner's body, or at least runner's arms, anymore. Welcome to the board.

Thanx you guys. I apprechiate the support and comments. I felt silly posting the pic since so many that do look great. I envy many of ya' all!

I am an all or nothing kinda guy, so I put in a 110% in all I do. I think if I had done my training right when i started..not over training..I'd made even more gains. It was only within the past 4-5 months that I belive I got on the right track...mostly thanks to this forum!

My chest is lagging a bit compared to the rst of my upper body..I had the unfortunate gift on inheriting my families flat and concaved chest...so it is taking some time to fill that up..but I am working hardon it. My wheels as they say are struggling to grow...maybe its due to all my years of running? But I am doing heavy squats. I couldn't train legs right away when I started due to an injury from being run over by a truck..but I am past that and working them hard too.

Jeff
    Last edited by justturned40; 07-21-2005 at 06:01 AM.

1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by justturned40
    I couldn't train legs right away when I started due to an injury from being run over by a truck..but I am past that and working them hard too.

Jeff
    Game Day can tell you all about getting run over by a truck...and I'm guessing his story is more gruesome than yours. But take it slow and the wheels will grow.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    justturned40 Welcome !

jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaguarr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey, welcome, Jeff! Sounds like you've made some great progress. Feel free to post your diet, supplements and your workout program. We love to help folks optimize what they're doing to get maximum returns for their efforts!

Cheers!
    jag
    My Music: http://jaguarr.spymac.com

Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency.

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome Just40. Good progress. You're in the right place.

Thee Alpha of Thee Alphaz GameDayDog's Avatar
    Location: GameDayDog's Center for Folks Who Can't Workout Good and Would Like To Do Other Things Good, Too!
    GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50) GameDayDog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Welcome Aboard..

Hey.. Welcome to the forum... sorry about getting run over by a truck... I was in the same boat so you aren't alone... You seem to have a nyce build on ya already... we'll know when you post that full body pic... but so far so good man... Keep bulking... Bulking Rules..

Peace..~G
    I am the Alpha ... RaSP is the oMEGA ... Between the 2 of us - We have everythyng covered...

2300+ Non-Rule Breaking Posts ... 0 Negative Reps.

My favorite threads are the locked & deleted ones.

Everyone find a post by DBFLGirl and rep it... Please!

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Jeff -- I think you look great! Nice biceps!!
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10) r8rrob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by justturned40
    Please dont laugh too hard at the pic.
    You're kidding, right?

Man, you look fantastic. You look better than most of us!
    I'm sore!

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've got some nice guns.

Are you sure you're 40? You look a lot younger.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Oh My God, somebody cut off your legs, and abs, and everything else....
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Gunn27 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Welcome

Your recent past is similar to mine. I gave up mid-distance running about a year ago and caught the BB bug. Looks like you have made great progress.

Wow! Thanks for all the nice comments and the awesome warm welcome!
    I feel at home already.

I will post a full body shot soon. This shot was for a friend of mine. She helped me to get my diet in order and wanted to see a double bicep pose of me after my recent gains. I decided to post it here too. before, I could barely raise a muscle so to speak...Ive been trying to keep a good healthy balance between bicep mass and tricep mass...trying to build more on the tricep end so my arms dont look like golfballs sitting on the kitchen counter..if you know what I mean.

dblfgirl...thanks. Yeah, unfortunately I am 40. Most peopole say I look like in in my twenties. I wish. More than that...I wish my body would respond to lifting like I was in my twenties.

Thanks again everyone for everything. I am looking forward to being part of this forum and growing through your hints, tips, advice and encouragement!

Best Wishes,

jeff

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're doing great, and you will find plenty of backers on this bb.