BMadejek54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Late Workouts and Nutrition

Hey everyone. I had a question regarding nutrition after a very late workout. I usually workout at 1pm and my diet afterwards is my protein shake and a carb. I also go back at around 10 or so and go until midnight. When I get home - I am starving! Take tonight for example - I did my legs ... came home and had my protein shake. I knew I should have some type of carb so I had some dried fruit to go along with the shake. I know I need a carb to refuel my muscles after working out but many people shun carbs after a certain time - like 6 or so. In my situation, is it ok to have these carbs late at night? I am so worried about putting on fat but I'm soooo hungry! I've recently started adding more carbs and calories to my diet because I definitely haven't been eating enough for someone who hits the gym twice a day - maybe 1200 at the most and adding extra carbs definitely frightens me! Just wonderingf everyone elses opinions! Thanks
    What's more American than eating Apple Pie? How about sitting on your fat ass stuffing your face with it?

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do you go twice? Do you go for cardio later? Don't you have a hard time sleeping training so late?

About the food thing..no matter how late you train, you should have carbs for post workout. When you are finished working out, your body really needs those carbs so they are absorbed right away and don't go to fat storage, don't worry. I like to have a protein shake with oats mixed in post workout.

For sure up those calories. 1200 is way too low.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

BMadejek54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do cardio first in the afternoon. If its the right day - I'll throw in abs and calves too. Then I go back at night for the heavier lifting portion. Sometimes I'll throw in extra cardio here but usually not because I'm dead. haha and yes I don't fall asleep good. But, I'm 18 and don't have a job to worry about the next morning. I'll usually sleep in until like 11 and then do it all over again!
    What's more American than eating Apple Pie? How about sitting on your fat ass stuffing your face with it?

ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I workout very late at night as well, I always have carbs afterwards. If you're only eating 1200 a day, there's no way you are going to gain fat. You're eating below maintenance calories anyway. I eat 2200 calories per day & eat carbs before bed (fruit &/or dairy) & I haven't gained fat from it. If anything, it's helped me to gain muscle.
    http://www.myspace.com/bellafit

Plan to succeed & you will. Fail to plan & you may not get to where you want to be.