ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How many people live off the greasy foods on CKD?

How many people go the sausage link, bacon, 80/20 ground beef, pepperoni, cheese route?

How many people go the lean 93/7 ground beef, lean steak, lean chicken breast, lean fish(tuna mostly), then get your fats mostly from nuts / peanut butter, and oils(olive, flax, fish, ect...)?

How many people go somewere inbetween?

For fat loss does it matter what route you take, to be healthy does it matter what route you take?

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ck85abc
    How many people go the sausage link, bacon, 80/20 ground beef, pepperoni, cheese route?

How many people go the lean 93/7 ground beef, lean steak, lean chicken breast, lean fish(tuna mostly), then get your fats mostly from nuts / peanut butter, and oils(olive, flax, fish, ect...)?

Back when I was using a CKD, I went somewhere in between. Got my protein for the day from wahtever sources I wanted (basically, the stuff you listed), then if I needed some extra protein/wanted more food, I'd maybe have some PB fudge or something like that.

For fat loss does it matter what route you take, to be healthy does it matter what route you take?
    For fat loss, probably won't make much of a difference assuming food choice is the only difference. What do you mean, to be healthy? As in... what?

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I do something down the middle. It depends on what's on sale and what's in the house
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I'm a lean protein, healthy fat guy... + cheese. I don't do pork bacon.. with an occasional sausage as a treat.

3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 3lixer. has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when i was on atkins i lived off of bacon, sharp cheddar, chicken & pork rhinds. I lost 30 lbs in 2-3 months eating **** (but i didn't go over 30 g of carbs the whole time).

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I buy whatever is on sale or in season, but only if it is clean and unprocessed. So no sausages or deli ham or stuff like that (they're always too salty anyway) but it wouldn't worry me to eat duck, which just swims in fat once it's cooked. But I also eat a bucketload of vegetables. There's a lot more veg in my fridge than meat.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Eileen
    I buy whatever is on sale or in season, but only if it is clean and unprocessed. So no sausages or deli ham or stuff like that (they're always too salty anyway) but it wouldn't worry me to eat duck, which just swims in fat once it's cooked. But I also eat a bucketload of vegetables. There's a lot more veg in my fridge than meat.
    I've started eating my broccoli raw with some bleu cheese dressing... marvelous way to get your fat and veg in if you're getting tired of steamed/boiled greens.

ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ck85abc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OMG, this is so awsome. Ive been on the healthy complex carb diet for so long, I never thought about dipping veggies in full fat ranch along with a can of tuna or something like that.

Originally Posted by abar
    Back when I was using a CKD, I went somewhere in between. Got my protein for the day from wahtever sources I wanted (basically, the stuff you listed), then if I needed some extra protein/wanted more food, I'd maybe have some PB fudge or something like that.

For fat loss, probably won't make much of a difference assuming food choice is the only difference. What do you mean, to be healthy? As in... what?
    Healthy, as in preveting a heart attack 35 years from now, or basically preveting you from having to go to the doctors office for some reason or another.

mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me... I tend more toward the lean proteins with lower saturated fat(chicken and buffalo) and get the majority of my fat from nuts/seeds(almonds, walnuts, anpb, pumpkin seeds), cheese and fish oil... for me I just feel better than when I eat a lot of bacon or a 20%fat hamburger...although I'm a very strong advocate for red meat!

I think the real key to making this diet healthy is to not skimp on the veggies (Fiber, fiber, fiber!)... i personally make sure I have atleast two meals with some low gi veggies(brocolli with cheese, spinach omlettes or chicken caesar salads

Keto(TKD for me) has got to be the best diet I've done.. I feel great all the time and I'm getting some blood taken tomorrow to make sure everythings getting on track(I'm prediabetic/insulin resistant, high blood pressure, high cholesteral).. from everything i've read Keto is perfect for me as long as I keep the sat fat down.

-Moose

Originally Posted by mrmoose63
    For me... I tend more toward the lean proteins with lower saturated fat(chicken and buffalo) and get the majority of my fat from nuts/seeds(almonds, walnuts, anpb, pumpkin seeds), cheese and fish oil... for me I just feel better than when I eat a lot of bacon or a 20%fat hamburger...although I'm a very strong advocate for red meat!

I think the real key to making this diet healthy is to not skimp on the veggies (Fiber, fiber, fiber!)... i personally make sure I have atleast two meals with some low gi veggies(brocolli with cheese, spinach omlettes or chicken caesar salads

Keto(TKD for me) has got to be the best diet I've done.. I feel great all the time and I'm getting some blood taken tomorrow to make sure everythings getting on track(I'm prediabetic/insulin resistant, high blood pressure, high cholesteral).. from everything i've read Keto is perfect for me as long as I keep the sat fat down.

-Moose
    We're right on the same page, Moose. FYI, my wife is insulin dependent and since starting on the TKD, her blood sugar has never been more level, her cholesterol went down, and she's cut her insulin use by over 66%.

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Healthy, as in preveting a heart attack 35 years from now, or basically preveting you from having to go to the doctors office for some reason or another.
    Oh, well, I think your risk of heart attacks will decline as you lose weight due to your ketogenic diet.

mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrmoose63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ellipticer
    We're right on the same page, Moose. FYI, my wife is insulin dependent and since starting on the TKD, her blood sugar has never been more level, her cholesterol went down, and she's cut her insulin use by over 66%.

That's awesome!!! I sure hope my test results come out that great!!! ..just another anecdotal report of the benefits of Keto!

-Moose

No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didn't go the bacon route.. But I used to fry chicken in olive oil. And I'd eat steak grilled on the foreman and add 1-2tbsp of butter.

That's when I got acid reflux and have had on and off problems since.