Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    yellowspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yellowspeed's Quest for 10% BF

Hey guys I thought I'd post my journal about my eating and workout and stuff for fat loss. My current stats are:

Weight: 145 lbs
    Height: 5'9" - 5'10"
    %Body Fat: 16%

16% of 145 lbs is 23.2 lbs of fat. 10 percent of 145 lbs is 14.5 lbs so I will need to lose about 8.7 pounds of fat.

I plan on doing 30-40 minutes of cardio EVERY MORNING after a protein shake (milk + 1 scoop).

I will also post my workout here. I've chosen a 5 day split like the one BRIT_BEEF posted but with modifications:

[-[-[-All 10-12 reps-]-]-]

Monday quads/hamstrings
    Dumbbell squats (4 sets)
    Leg extensions (3 sets)
    Lunges (3 sets)
    Stiff leg deadlift (3 sets)

Tuesday chest/abs
    Bench press (4 sets)
    Incline dumbell press (3 sets)
    Dumbbell flys (3 sets)
    Incline crunches (3 sets to failure)

Wednesday back/forearms
    Deadlift (4 sets)
    Pulldowns (3 sets)
    Dumbbell row (3 sets)
    Wrist curl (3 sets)
    Reverse wrist curl (3 sets)

Thursday shoulders/calves
    Seated dumbbell shoulder press (4 sets)
    Side laterals (3 sets)
    Dumbbell standing calf raises (3 sets - 10-15 reps)

Friday triceps/biceps/abs
    Dumbbell bench press (3 sets)
    Lying tricep extension (3 sets)
    Dumbbell curls (3 sets)
    Crunch (3 sets to failure)

So that is my workout. Please give me feedback on my workout thanks guys.

My Do not eat List
    - Soda
    - Sweets (except some fruit)
    - Fried stuff
    - Oily stuff
    - White bread (excess rice, bagels, etc.)
    - Pizza
    - Fast food

Alright I'm gonna get 10% freakin bf by doing this now. I'll check in with my stats and stuff periodically.

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good Luck!!!!

What are your cals and macro's? Personally i would avoid milk b 4 cardio but thats me. Are you going to take any supps? Cardio 7 days a week stick 2 3-4 days. You are pretty small at 145lbs have you thought of a clean bulk 1st then cut the weight?

What ever you decide keep us up to date. If you looking for a pro's help consider sixpack's servace. You can check out my log to 6% bf.

How Much 4 Your Placebo? Newport Surfer's Avatar
    Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newport Surfer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck. 8lbs should be easy. Hell I lost 8lbs my last trip to the throne.
    CURRENT SUPPS: ABB Maxx Recovery, AOR Greens n' Berries, UP 2.0, Liquid Fish Oil

UNBIASED ADVICE BASED ON 5 YEARS OF TRYING PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING OUT THERE.

RAISE YOUR TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY !!!

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461291[/url]

Hey thanks man. Yea I'm better I'm gonna miss a run per week or so due to sleeping in but otherwise I intend to burn these 8 pounds off. Yeah I am pretty small, I'm a rising junior in high school (gonna be senior) and yea, I used to be 180 lbs and pretty chubby but I lost all that. Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about weight loss and lost a lot of muscle along with it! boo

I checked both your logs and they're actually what inspired me to start. I'm gonna keep you posted no doubt.

by the way...my bf scale isn't accurate at all. This morning it said 15% and tonight it said 17%. So I'm just gonna use the mirror and maybe get a caliper.

Registered baller checkyourhead's Avatar
    checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you are overdoing it a little bit. If you are running 4-6 times a week, there is no way you should be lifting weights 5 times a week. That is too taxing on your hormonal systems. I would do 3 days lifting, 2-4 days running.

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yellowspeed
    Hey thanks man. Yea I'm better I'm gonna miss a run per week or so due to sleeping in but otherwise I intend to burn these 8 pounds off. Yeah I am pretty small, I'm a rising junior in high school (gonna be senior) and yea, I used to be 180 lbs and pretty chubby but I lost all that. Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about weight loss and lost a lot of muscle along with it! boo

I checked both your logs and they're actually what inspired me to start. I'm gonna keep you posted no doubt.

by the way...my bf scale isn't accurate at all. This morning it said 15% and tonight it said 17%. So I'm just gonna use the mirror and maybe get a caliper.
    Congrats on the weight loss already. When u said my log inspired you that is very awsome!!! I dont know how to respond to that (I am flattered)

I would use a bf scale at the same time you do it. I do mine sunday mournings as soon as i wake up. This way if your wrong but your results would be consistant. At night you have more weight cause you have eaten throughout the day and that adds to it.

Good Luck!

100% addicted to winning dp13368's Avatar
    dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by checkyourhead
    I think you are overdoing it a little bit. If you are running 4-6 times a week, there is no way you should be lifting weights 5 times a week. That is too taxing on your hormonal systems. I would do 3 days lifting, 2-4 days running.
    I don't really see how that is overdoing it. I run 6-7 days a week and use a 3 day split lifting 6 days a week(1 day off every 7) and have been having the best success in my life. I really don't see why people say running and lifting on the same day or cardio X amount of days while lifting X amount of days is overtraining. If people are doing it and it works for them, how is it overtraining? As long as you space lifting and cardio out as much as you can by a few hours you should be fine. How is lifting 5 days a running 4 days too much?
    2004 NCAA Men's Soccer Final 4
    2005 National #2 Ranking

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance

Coulaid: Yeah, that's a good point. I'll do it every Sunday morning too just to make sure it is consistent at worst.

dp13368: I run in the morning and workout around 8:00 PM. Sometimes if I do not wake up I do a short 10 minute HIIT cardio session right before working out then maybe a few minutes later I start working out.

Ok so yesterday went pretty well. I did about 25 min. of cardio split into 2 separate sessions (that may have been a little much), but when I want time to think I have a habit to just run...yeah I should probably tone down the running.

Seated dumbbell shoulder press (I was dying near the end :[)
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30

Side laterals (there were harder than I imagined)
    10x15
    10x15
    10x15

Dumbbell standing calf raises
    15x30
    15x30
    15x30

aRGH!! There was a freaking 2 hour power outtage in Chicago today....so I didn't..COUDLN'T workout.

wtf...the gods are working against me, and by gods I mean ComEd.
    [url]http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=yellowspeed[/url]

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=513631[/url]
    ---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanDon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your weights are powered by electricity? :P

Originally Posted by SeanDon
    your weights are powered by electricity? :P
    negative, but my lights are. And when I can't see where I'm going, it causes problems you see.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Make-up for Friday (due to blackout)

Dumbbell bench press
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30

Lying tricep extension
    12x22
    12x22
    12x22

Dumbbell curls
    6x22-L 4x22-R
    6x22-L 5x22-R
    6x22-L 5x22-R

Crunch
    20x0
    10x10
    20x0

yeah I know I am weak. but I'm working on it.

My diet can be found in my sig. I'm eating like a bag of spinach a day now. I have about 1400 calories today. 20 g fat, 120 g carbs, and 160 g or so protein. Not too shabby eh?

oh and by the way. If you guys see something that could be added to my training, PLEASE let me know. Thanks and good luck to your training.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) panjt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Coulaid: Yeah, that's a good point. I'll do it every Sunday morning too just to make sure it is consistent at worst.

dp13368: I run in the morning and workout around 8:00 PM. Sometimes if I do not wake up I do a short 10 minute HIIT cardio session right before working out then maybe a few minutes later I start working out.

Ok so yesterday went pretty well. I did about 25 min. of cardio split into 2 separate sessions (that may have been a little much), but when I want time to think I have a habit to just run...yeah I should probably tone down the running.

Seated dumbbell shoulder press (I was dying near the end :[)
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30

Side laterals (there were harder than I imagined)
    10x15
    10x15
    10x15

15x30
    15x30
    15x30

Just a quick comment, if yu are truly doing a 10 min HIIT, there is no way u have any energy to liftprperly right after. a HIIT well performed should leave u deprived and burned, don't forget u have to go full speed and by experience of my HIIT, it is always a battle of mind for me to finish my session, since I am so tired.

Originally Posted by panjt
    Just a quick comment, if yu are truly doing a 10 min HIIT, there is no way u have any energy to liftprperly right after. a HIIT well performed should leave u deprived and burned, don't forget u have to go full speed and by experience of my HIIT, it is always a battle of mind for me to finish my session, since I am so tired.
    heh, man you're so right. The 25 minute cardio sessions were @ 5mph constantly so it wasn't too hard. I haven't been waking up early so I didn't do HIIT. I'm gonna start doing it now though. It's 6:07 AM chicago time as we speak.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

wow I'm back. after 1 hour of tennis, I was sweating so bad the whole top half of my shirt was SOAKED through. ugh...so I stopped and went home to get some water just in case my blood pressure went under or something.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100) optimumacid is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yellow, I'll race to 10% with you... You need to lose 8lbs, I need to lose about 36.

Originally Posted by optimumacid
    Yellow, I'll race to 10% with you... You need to lose 8lbs, I need to lose about 36.
    um...ok man. Good luck, but yeah it's gonna be hard no doubt.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Did 1 hour of singles tennis in the morning. My shirt was SOAKED. Then I did 40 minutes of running @ 5 mph at night. I'm starting HIIT tomorrow morning in the park because my treadmill can't adjust and stuff.

My scale is still being stupid. I'm pretty sure it's wrong. It read 16.2% today for anyone who likes numbers though. I weigh 145 lbs.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ezra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dp13368
    I don't really see how that is overdoing it. I run 6-7 days a week and use a 3 day split lifting 6 days a week(1 day off every 7) and have been having the best success in my life. I really don't see why people say running and lifting on the same day or cardio X amount of days while lifting X amount of days is overtraining. If people are doing it and it works for them, how is it overtraining? As long as you space lifting and cardio out as much as you can by a few hours you should be fine. How is lifting 5 days a running 4 days too much?
    i agree with you dp. i have found the most success in 6 days cardio/ 6 days lifting.

Registered baller checkyourhead's Avatar
    checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) checkyourhead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dp13368
    What do you mean by the best success in your life? Are you trying to lose weight?

In order for your muscles to get stronger, your body needs time off. Not just time off for the muscles you are training, but for the whole body. If you don't take enough time off, you will be in danger of losing muscle, or gaining less muscle than you could.

Bench press
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30
    10x30

Dumbbell flys
    10x10
    10x10
    10x10

Incline crunches
    20x0
    20x0
    10x10
    20x0
    20x0

Starting HIIT tomorrow morning.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Deadlift
    12x60
    12x60
    12x60
    12x60

Dumbbell row
    12x30
    12x30
    12x30

Pulldowns
    12x70

By here I was pretty much dead. Yeah, those deadlifts are hard. whew My first time doing them heh...yup noobie I am.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Wrist curl
    L-10x20 R-10x20
    L-10x20 R-10x20
    L-10x20 R-10x20

Reverse wrist curl
    L-8x15 R-8x15
    L-8x15 R-8x15

Seated dumbbell shoulder press
    10x60
    10x60
    10x60

L-12x60 R-12x60
    L-12x60 R-12x60
    L-12x60 R-12x60

Once again, dead after the workout....man this is hard. I'm doing 30 min of morning cardio starting with dynamic stretching like jumping jacks and stuff. then I do 3-5 min of light jogging around 3 mph and go full out at 5 mph for 25 min straight. Burns about 300 calories and I run 2.5 miles.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Day 7

Dumbbell bench press
    12x30
    12x30
    12x30
    12x30

Lying tricep extension
    10x30
    12x30
    12x30

Dumbbell curls
    L-6x24 R-10x24
    L-4x24 R-10x24
    L-8x24 R-10x24

Crunch
    20x0
    20x0
    20x0
    Last edited by yellowspeed; 07-04-2005 at 09:36 AM.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

By the way, if anyone wants to give me some criticism and what I can add to my workouts (preferably db exercises ), I'd appreciate it. I gained 1 pound in the last 1.5 weeks but my %bf didn't go down .

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Monday quads/hamstrings
    Dumbbell squats (4 sets)
    Leg extensions (3 sets)
    Lunges (3 sets)

Tuesday chest/abs
    Bench press (4 sets)
    Dumbbell flys (3 sets)
    Decline crunches (3 sets to failure)
    Decline reverse crunches (3 sets to failure)

Wednesday back/forearms
    Deadlift (4 sets)
    Pulldowns (3 sets)
    Dumbbell row (3 sets)
    Wrist curl (3 sets)

Side laterals (3 sets)

Dumbbell curls (3 sets)
    I revised my workout by adding in some more ab exercises I got from bb.com. Let me know about your critiques because I haven't heard anything about my routine....I'm gonna assume it is mediocre as is and keep doing it, but please if you have anything to say, sat it!

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up
    11-10% = ripped
    10-9% = shredded
    9-8% = no i'm not flexed
    8-7% = ripped to shreds
    7-6% = torn to the bone
    6-5% = pure fiber
    5-4% = sliced
    sub 3% = dead

Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scarst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Monday quads/hamstrings
    Dumbbell squats (4 sets)
    Leg extensions (3 sets)
    Lunges (3 sets)

Tuesday chest/abs
    Bench press (4 sets)
    Dumbbell flys (3 sets)

Wednesday back/forearms
    Deadlift (4 sets)
    Pulldowns (3 sets)
    Dumbbell row (3 sets)
    Wrist curl (3 sets)

Side laterals (3 sets)

Dumbbell curls (3 sets)
    I personally find that training my abs within the normal rep range instead of to failure yields the best results. For your decline crunches try holding a 25lb or 35lb plate on your chest and doing 10-12 reps for 3 sets. For the decline reverse crunches you can hold a medicine ball between your knees or (if you're careful) a dumbell between your feet to increase the weight. In addition to your two ab exercises you should consider adding some oblique work in.

On Thursday when you do shoulders you may want to add a rear deltoid exercise, such as bent over reverse flys, or you may create a muscle imbalance and run into rotator cuff problems down the road. If its not too much, you may also want to move your calf raises to Monday (leg day) so you won't be hitting them twice a week.

On Friday you have a bicep/tricep/abs day, but your very first exercise is dumbell bench press for the chest. I would switch the dumbell bench press for close grip barbell bench press or dumbell kickbacks.

Pretty solid routine otherwise. Keep at it!

If only ugly was currency GetImpact's Avatar
    GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetImpact will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck. Seems an attainable goal.

10% body fat is my current and initial quest too.

I'm calling that my "Zero Point" goal... which means (to me) that I will have reached an acceptable base upon which to build a clean muscular physique. That way, I can do an extended clean 'bulk' and actually *observe* the resulting muscular development.

Though, I bet I've got an issue that you won't have:

I've lost so much fat in the past year (about 60 lbs of it and added some muscle) that my skin/adipose cell structure is lagging behind in the reduction dept, so it is difficult to assess body fat by visual means or even caliper testing. Also went through a number of consumer "bodyfat scales" and got very high fat measurements from them all (26 to 30%). Perhaps my electrical conductivity is just very low these day (I eat almost no salt and keep the carbs in check).

I suppose I *could* have that much body fat left (50-60 lbs at 190 lbs body weight), but if that were true then you are looking at the best fat-flexing talent the world has ever known.

Here is a joke video I made which shows how good I am at "flexing fat"...

http://getimpactnow.com/body/gi10sectrans.wmv

I did that video cold, so it should be a decent reference.

Back to you...

What means will you use to measure your success? Accuracy is very hard to find. Or will you just look yourself over at the end of the 'cutting' effort and call what you see "good"?
    Stats: Ugly, fat and weak.
    Immediate Goal: Quit being fat.
    Long Term Goal: Quit being weak.

Potato ('before' pic):
    [url]http://www.getimpactnow.com/body/2004.jpg[/url]
    Progress Pic:
    [url]http://www.getimpactnow.com/body/2005july24_biflex.jpg[/url]
    I was born in '66 people. Cut me some slack.

Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hold on.. am I reading this right that you are using a scale to read your BF%? Not calipers? Oh, please say it aint so.
    5 years of working out and 50 more to go.

Originally Posted by Shike
    Hold on.. am I reading this right that you are using a scale to read your BF%? Not calipers? Oh, please say it aint so.
    yeah I got one of those really inaccurate scales to measure my bf :P

I measure that weekly but for the most part, I am using the mirror. Also, I am tracking my progress relative to the numbers. I weigh myself every Saturday morning at 6:00 AM with only boxers and an empty stomach.

---------------------
    Body fat
    above 25% = obese
    25-23% = fat
    23-19% = way outta shape
    19-16% = outta shape
    16-14% = average
    14-13% = toned
    13-12% = defined
    12-11% = cut up