BRISTUNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

menopause experience & help????

Hi Ladies,

My girlfriend at age 29 had to have a total hysterectomy.

15 months later she is battling weight problems. Typically a lot of her bodyfat is re-positioning itself on her ab region.

She cycles every day, does weights at least 3 days per week, and various other ab dvd's etc on other days.

Her diet is very clean, and reasonably high protien low carb.

Are there any forum members with experience in this area that might have some helpful suggestions?

B

1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1HOT# is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hrt?

Originally Posted by BRISTUNT View Post
    Hi Ladies,

15 months later she is battling weight problems. Typically a lot of her bodyfat is re-positioning itself on her ab region.

She cycles every day, does weights at least 3 days per week, and various other ab dvd's etc on other days.

Are there any forum members with experience in this area that might have some helpful suggestions?

B
    Hi There,
    I had this done about a year and a half ago. I haven't had any weight gain, but the belly area is going to be a problem for a long time. Everything kind of "shifts" to fill in the spaces where her other organs were so it's a challenge a lot of women face.

The other thing that has helped me is that my doctor actually put me on HRT, not just estrogen though. (They kept my ovaries, but guess what...they don't work!) I take 1 CC of depotestosterone once every 8 weeks and a drug called Estratest everday. I feel 100% better than I did presurgery. I know there is a lot of hype about women not taking HRT but maybe you should encourage her to discuss this with her doctor.

Here's another website she might find useful information on www.hystersisters.com. Kind of a corny name, but it does have good info.

Hope she feels better!

BRISTUNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your post.

She tried HRT for about 6 months. She found (and I observed) it changing her personality and she became very soft and easily upset....very girly if that makes sense. Perhaps she should have tried a different doctor and different drugs/hormones.

When she stopped the HRT her moods etc all went back to the way they had always been, so we figure her hormones have always been out of whack.

She's not really gained weight, it's just moved...along with some gain.

I've stepped up her weight routine from a very basic beginners program to pretty much what I used to do with some small variations, so hopefully she'll find some progress.
    She's highly motivated at the moment, I'm just hoping that she sees some results to help keep her motivated.

pauline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i know

Originally Posted by BRISTUNT View Post
    Hi Ladies,

B
    check out my post on over 35 forum...the ladies have been wonderful!!!!!!!! might help

pauline