ChunkyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does anyone have any tips for wide receiver

Spring training starts next Monday and I'm a little worried. Next year I'm gonna be a sophmore in high school and im trying out for wr. I'm also gonna be on JV. Does anyone have any tips on drills i could do to be better prepared. And how much should i be able to bench ? My bench press isn't that good.

thanks!

lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Strength shouldn't be that much of a factor for a WR. If you have speed and agility, you should get off the line fine. Try doing some sprint workouts found on www.charliefrancis.com.

For hands, the best thing i can tell you is to practice. The only way you'll get better hands is to catch 50-70 balls a day from your quarterback(from a stationary position, running, above your head, below your waist, right side, left side etc.)

itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsahak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    look out when crossing the middle!!

Seriously, no i don't i never played the game, it just seemed like the thing to say!! Good Luck!!

WMCRZ7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WMCRZ7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WMCRZ7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WMCRZ7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WMCRZ7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WMCRZ7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I play TE, but am more of a WR-type. Practice is key, catch passes from your QB after school. Remember to keep your eyes focused on the football, a lot of guys drop passes because they take their eyes off the ball as it gets closer. Keep your hands together so that you form a diamond with your thumbs and pointer fingers. Get used to the WR stance and practice getting off the ball, making sure you don't false step (you should be gaining ground with your first step). Practice running some routes and making smooth cuts. And don't be afraid to sacrifice your body to catch the ball.

johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by WMCRZ7
    I play TE, but am more of a WR-type. Practice is key, catch passes from your QB after school. Remember to keep your eyes focused on the football, a lot of guys drop passes because they take their eyes off the ball as it gets closer. Keep your hands together so that you form a diamond with your thumbs and pointer fingers. Get used to the WR stance and practice getting off the ball, making sure you don't false step (you should be gaining ground with your first step). Practice running some routes and making smooth cuts. And don't be afraid to sacrifice your body to catch the ball.
    Nice advice, I coach football at my alma mater and am a DB/WR coach. I would suggest that u focus on plyometrics and when lifting, try to do sets of 8-10 rather than 3-5. Remember to run routes everyday and to CATCH THE BALL. Anybody can run routes all day without catching the ball.

Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bubba LB 4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johova70
    Nice advice, I coach football at my alma mater and am a DB/WR coach. I would suggest that u focus on plyometrics and when lifting, try to do sets of 8-10 rather than 3-5. Remember to run routes everyday and to CATCH THE BALL. Anybody can run routes all day without catching the ball.
    Why not in the 3-5 reps range? I think its key to be as strong as possible at the WR position. Not only would it help you get off jams, which is important if you want to play Varsity, it protects you if you are bigger when going over the middle and outmuscling small DBs for the ball, especially if you arent the fastest and you need to be able to shield the ball from DBs.

For other advice, make sure you attack the ball and catch it at its highest point so corners cant jump in front of you to make a play. Don't wait for the ball to come to you, act like you are rebounding a basketball and go up and get it.
    LOLB for the Madison Warhawks #4

G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.V.HEALTH is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb

A Big Thing Is Body Control When Your In The Air Going Up For A Ball. So Try Getting A Mat Of Some Sort That You Can Land On With Out Getting Hurt And Practice Catching The Ball While In The Air . Most High School Qbs Are Not That Accerate So They Will Over Throw The Ball Or Throw To The Wrong Side Of Reciever , And Body Control While In The Air Is Very Important, And Of Course Hell Marys. Also Learn To Use Your Hands Against Cb When There Playing Close. Tip When Conerbacks Play You Tight At The Line Its Usally To Bump You Off Your Route , So When You Make Contact Try To Keep Your Hands Inside And Aim For The Numbers On The Jersey That Will Give You More Control Than He Does. If He's A Big Cornerback Side Step Him.

Good Luck

KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KSUPowerCat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As far as catching ability work on you hands, don't EVER catch the ball with your body. You'll also need to work on reacting to the ball and body control. Here is a great drill if you can get 4 other teammates to work with you, be a leader and get 4 other WR to work with you on your own time, it will impress the coaches. Heres the drill:

You'll need at least 4 footballs. The receiver will need to have at least 4 others stand around him at a distance of about 10-12 yards away from him. Each person standing around the receiver will need at least 1 football. The drill starts with the reciever facing one thrower, the thrower will throw a pass to the reciever. The reciever will catch the pass and quickly toss the ball back to the thrower (if only 1 ball per thrower). The receiver will then turn to his right/left to face the next thrower and repeat until the reciever has attempted to catch at least 3 balls from each thrower (if only using 4 throwers). Throwers: don't throw the ball to the same place every time, make it random. Throw it high, low, to the side, make the receiver work to catch the ball. Also throw it hard, the receiver will have a hard time catching close range passes if he doesn't use soft hands. Do this drill as fast as possible, as soon as the receiver turns to face the next thrower the ball should already be in the air. Do the drill at least twice, once turning to your right and once turning to your left.
    Mob Deep - Ball Hard

_____________________ SpreeWheels24's Avatar
    SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpreeWheels24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since you said you were playing on JV, practice your swim moves and other techniques, because CBs on JV usually dont know hwo to stop a swim move that well. (atleast at my high school it's like that)

4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Catch with your hands, not your body...
    The internet is equalled only by public education and network news in its ability to spread disinformation at an alarming rate...

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    as most everybody has said, work on your separation techniques and getting softer, better hands. what makes a good reciever is one who adjusts and goes after the ball, not expects the qb to get it to them every time. if you learn this skill early on you will definately get reps. moreover, if you learn to sacrifice your body for the reception (ie laying out, going up for it over the middle, etc.) it will make you a more dangerous target and the coaches will lvoe you for it. especially at the high school level the primadonna's are all too popular who expect a perfect ball every time and wont even THINK about getting a grass stain on their perfectly taped jersey.

KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KHS RB/DB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    These guys are giving a lot of good advice. I played receiver last year and one move that i learned is if you need to release outside, take a step inside then swim or rip to the outside, and if u need to release to the inside, take a step outside and swim or rip to the inside.
    2005 Wyoming 3A State Champions 11-0
    2007 Wyoming 3A State Champions 10-1
    Stats (Goals)
    Ht: 5'9''
    WT: 154 (175)
    DeadLift: 365 lbs
    Snatch Grip DL: 315 LBS

Sweetness 34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

replying to the person above

The person above me has the right idea you do need to watch out for the middle because i too am a receiver but that doesnt mean, be a p*ssy and not go in the middle just suck it up and sacrifice your body. But just stay consitant in the weightroom and work your butt off man. Do tons of sit-ups, and jump rope. yea it sounds dumb but trust me man it helps your be alot of quicker and alot more atheltic because you need rhythm as a wide receiver and thats were jump rope comes in but you also need that muscular stomach because you'll be doin alot of twist and turns and you do wanna hurt your self. so good luck to you man..

Sweetness 34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually man you do gotta be strong as a wide receiver even tho you may not think it, you'll need strength at the wide receiver spot for the simple fact that your gonna be blocking and cracking in on linebackers and what not. And trust me i know because i play receiver and there have been a couple of times when ive been out powered by a db. so just work hard the best work out i could say for a wide receiver is alot of tricep work because your gonna need that extra push off.

Sophmore
    Age-15
    Height-5'8
    Weight-150 (165)
    Bench-175 (200)
    Squat-220 (no box)(240)
    Dead Lift-275 (290)
    Rack Jerk-165 (175)

()goals for next season

Track, Powerlifting, Footballl**

Shell Pride 4 Ever