Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NGA East Coast Natural Bodybuilding Championships

Here are some pics from the show on Sept. 22nd. I took second in the Junior Open and was the only Heavyweight. The guy who beat me was a little leaner and much shorter. You guys be the judge and tell me what you think!
    Abs with a Thigh
    Side Chest

Was the only heavyweight...lol
    This was for the overall and a NGA pro card.

FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FlyeOrDie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The guy on the far right placed 1st and got his pro card...
    2nd place...can I get your opinions please?

The guy on the right took 1st...

A much needed binge at Ruby Tuesday haha Gotta love those cheese fries and triple prime burger!

thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You came in holding some water, and looked smooth.

He was drier and shredded.

Without seeing pics of the both of you in compulsories, it's hard to say who deserved what place.

Also pics never show what the eye can see.

jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    damn...
    JC Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCewkynsCiJ-lJJqBDdYAzjw/videos

Originally Posted by thickmass View Post
    You came in holding some water, and looked smooth.

He was drier and shredded.

Without seeing pics of the both of you in compulsories, it's hard to say who deserved what place.

Also pics never show what the eye can see.
    I agree with that. I think I had him on symmetry.
    I think I was drier 2 weeks out whitout cutting water at all... I need to figure out what method of dropping water works for me. Mon, tues and wed was 2 gallons a day, thurs was les than 1 gallon, fri was 1/2 gallon and sat was just sipping... low sodium on wed and thurs, no sodium on friday or sat. I think my physique would have crushed his if I was as dry. But he was dialed in so congrats to him!

thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FlyeOrDie View Post
    I think I was drier 2 weeks out whitout cutting water at all... I need to figure out what method of dropping water works for me. Mon, tues and wed was 2 gallons a day, thurs was les than 1 gallon, fri was 1/2 gallon and sat was just sipping... low sodium on wed and thurs, no sodium on friday or sat. I think my physique would have crushed his if I was as dry. But he was dialed in so congrats to him!
    u actually look better in your avatar than u did onstage.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you answered your own question.

don't cut water. it does not work. Check out some of my posts on the subject.

good luck to you

jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jpippy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lookin ripped keep it up!

wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post

good luck to you
    Cutting Water works Excellent for some people, IF YOU KNOW YOUR BODY!! But to say it does not work is false!! Bodybuilding is Trial and error, once you get it down, every competition seems to get easier! So take all the advice you receive and apply it as you see fit, but remeber only YOU know what works for your body!!
    W4L

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I can name people who come in shredded beyond belief with no water cutting. And the science certainly does not support cutting water. I do not want to turn flyordie's thread into me getting preachy so I will just provide a link to my blog where I discuss water & final week nonsense: http://www.biolayne.com (you'll have to scroll down my previous blogs)

Then also my debate with Dave Palumbo: http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c.../view/888/137/

and part 2 of the debate
    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c.../view/889/137/

as well as a link to my article
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

and thoughts from another well respected competitor/PhD
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/drjoe10.htm

-Layne

wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolfe4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Again, I don't tend to debate or prove you wrong, Obviously you know water depletion doesn't work for YOU, but it works EXCELLENT for ME. As for anyone, I would never take one man's word as being the Truth until I tried it for myself.
    W4L

well i've prepped around 100 people too, and joe has prepped thousands. In any case, I dont' want to take this thread further off course. The info is there for those who wish to persue it

Take care Bud.. Your physique looks great by the way!!
    W4L

thanks, likewise

good luck to you
    I have read your posts and this definitely confirms your point. I noticed less vascularity than b4 cutting water and no difference in definition. 2 weeks out I was very vascular in the morning after pissing all night long from drinking gallons of water.

btw, when drinking 2 gallons I was pissing constantly. Once I cut to 1 gallon then 1/2 gallon I stopped pissing so frequently...So, my body did not continue eliminating the same amount of water as on the 2 gallon days. My body adjusted in real time and nothing positive was accomplished by water depletion. Less bf would have given me the definition and the win...
    Last edited by FlyeOrDie; 09-24-2007 at 10:27 AM.

cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgcgraded is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im going to do an NGA show next June as my first show, how did you like it(the way it was setup/organized, etc)?
    You have to put yourself first or people will put you second.

bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on the placing man!

You definitely were smoother than the guy that took 1st. If you would have been dry you would have beat him I believe. Your symmetry is awesome though
    glorify the Lord in all that you do =)

KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KenTMaroon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Disagree....

I need to disagree with the consensus here about you not being dry enough.

Especially taking into consideration how you looked 2 weeks out, I'd say that on stage you have the highly characteristic look of the muscles being over-depleted and flat (more common among naturals, but frequent for everyone) and therefore the skin is loose. I think had your muscle structure been full then the skin would have been tight and thin.

No question in my (not-so-humble) opinion that had you walked on stage looking as you did in the 2 week photos you would have beaten the other guy.

Not that Str8flexed needs my support, but I agree with him that for the overwhelming majority of natural competitors water depletion is a mistake -- far too often it comes out of the muscle and not the skin. Increasingly I'm finding other competitors who don't profess to be natural who are also skipping the water depletion with much improved results.

In any event, congrats on the competition and on doing very, very well!
    Hanson's Razor: Never attribute to malice or conspiracy that which can be accounted for by simple stupidity.

I have read your posts and this definitely confirms your point. I noticed less vascularity than b4 cutting water and no difference in definition. 2 weeks out I was very vascular in the morning after pissing all night long from drinking gallons of water.

btw, when drinking 2 gallons I was pissing constantly. Once I cut to 1 gallon then 1/2 gallon I stopped pissing so frequently...So, my body did not continue eliminating the same amount of water as on the 2 gallon days. My body adjusted in real time and nothing positive was accomplished by water depletion. Less bf would have given me the definition and the win...
    bingo

Thumbs up

thanks, likewise
    Thank U. It's people like U who give this forum a great name. Keep posting so others have avenues for sound advice!!
    W4L

Registered User user6498723132986's Avatar
    user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user6498723132986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    u look great congrats...hehe rubys is the best love that tolopia.....

crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I was "NGA East coast natural champion" and this is the first link that came up! Weird. Here are some pics you can actually compare by. Thanks for the flattering pics James.
    Attached Images

crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crou25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    couple more
    Attached Images

ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

awesome

Originally Posted by crou25 View Post
    So I was "NGA East coast natural champion" and this is the first link that came up! Weird. Here are some pics you can actually compare by. Thanks for the flattering pics James.
    I didn't intend to be disrepectful. You were shredded and I wasn't, thats what I learned from this. The show was a lot of fun and I felt great out there!

Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    u look like bear gryls ( sp ) from that doscovery show

man vs wild

and look real good bro
    IG = @ Bmur18 - Follow me and message for reps

**BMBC...MANG!**

rep back 10k+

Originally Posted by lax28 View Post
    u look like bear gryls ( sp ) from that doscovery show

man vs wild

and look real good bro
    Someone should tell him ProTan goes much easier and more even.

ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Someone should tell him ProTan goes much easier and more even.
    Bear Grylls is a fake, you sir are not...you are ripped! Nice work to both of you. I really wish I knew how you guys can stand up there and flex for so long. I can flex in the mirror for 30 seconds and I'm dizzy and damn near **** my pants! lol
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120389691

http://www.xccellence.com/