Thread: Rep Points

crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crimsnkentucky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Rep Points

I don't know where to post this, but this seemed like as good a forum as any. I liked the idea that this site had rep points to let you know who actually knew what they were talking about and could provide good solid advise on bodybuilding. However, the rep points don't do that. A lot of these guys get tons and tons of points for posting pics of hot girls and such. Not that that is a bad thing (Don't get me wrong), but should they get rep points for that? A lot of these guys have never gotten any points for actual bodybuilding advise; yet, when someone ask a serious question, and they reply with a stupid answer, the person is more likely to take their advise due to the rep points. Also, in the politics/religion forum if you have a differing opinion than someone else they neg rep you. Am I alone and crazy in my thinking here, or should forums not dealing with health and bodybuilding not be allowed to give rep points?

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ALL YOUR REPS ARE BELONG TO US

Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 45plate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best thing to do is just ignore reps. They are, essentially, useless tools for immature people. Most people come on here and beg for reps for the stupidest reasons, and others will give them in return for it. Its just pointless, I don't know why the mods, that come across as pretty smart, even keep these things around.

jhunt2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhunt2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhunt2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhunt2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 45plate
    The best thing to do is just ignore reps. They are, essentially, useless tools for immature people. Most people come on here and beg for reps for the stupidest reasons, and others will give them in return for it. Its just pointless, I don't know why the mods, that come across as pretty smart, even keep these things around.
    Spoken like a man with no reps,lol, j/k.

I agree, I mean, you have guys repping each other for no reason, you have people negging people for disagreeing with them I feel a rep point should only be used for actually helping people, or something that has 2 bars, like seperate reps for non topic-sex,misc. ifbb, and then actual training ones. That would clean it up a little.

Not complaining at all, I love this site. And you are right,ignoring those is best.

Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    then i say all of us right here from me on up just rep each other every chance we get so we can tell people whatever the hell we want k?? sounds like a hell of a deal! lol, jk! (could work though....maybe?)

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nathan1
    then i say all of us right here from me on up just rep each other every chance we get so we can tell people whatever the hell we want k?? sounds like a hell of a deal! lol, jk! (could work though....maybe?)
    Rep trading is naughty
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000) 391rippy is just really nice. (+1000)
    i don't think most people use rep points as a reference as to the validity of someone's statements. at least i don't. most of the rep points i have recieved have been because of a funny comment or something. the times that i make an informative post i get nothing. the rep system is good in theory, but useless in practice.
    Prime Signature Real Estate for Rent
    Advertise Here!

size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000) size is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crimsnkentucky
    I don't know where to post this, but this seemed like as good a forum as any. I liked the idea that this site had rep points to let you know who actually knew what they were talking about and could provide good solid advise on bodybuilding. However, the rep points don't do that. A lot of these guys get tons and tons of points for posting pics of hot girls and such. Not that that is a bad thing (Don't get me wrong), but should they get rep points for that? A lot of these guys have never gotten any points for actual bodybuilding advise; yet, when someone ask a serious question, and they reply with a stupid answer, the person is more likely to take their advise due to the rep points. Also, in the politics/religion forum if you have a differing opinion than someone else they neg rep you. Am I alone and crazy in my thinking here, or should forums not dealing with health and bodybuilding not be allowed to give rep points?
    I agree with you. Unfortunately, the moderators have no control over the rep system and how it works.
    size is a fictitious character.
    Please read the forum rules.