jaxfish7113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaxfish7113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaxfish7113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Late Workouts- PWO Nutrition ???

Hi, I'm trying to figure out whats a good Post workout meal. I tend to work out at night and my workouts tend to end around 10pm. (Keep in mind I also tend to go to bed around 12am or sometimes 1am-- college student!). I know simple carbs are needed for post-workout but I was wondering if I needed to make any adjustments to my postworkout nutrition since its late at night.

I was thinking of a shake immediately after working out consisiting of, scoop of gatorade (for dextrose), and scoop of whey protein powder in water (maybe adding a 1/2 cup of oats or a piece of fruit).

I know this will leave me hungry later in the night. I've read that a high carb meal is good an hour or 2 after workout as well but will it be too late at night to have this kind of carbs/meal??

I'm soooo confused! Let me know what you all think! thanks a lot

Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lil Bullet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    since your workout is that late, a full high carb meal would not be a good idea right before bed. why not have a protein shake and some cottage cheese? directly after my workouts, i like to have a protein shake and a piece of fruit, but since it's so late for you i'd skip the fruit. the best time to eat is directly after your workout, not an hour or 2 later.

DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work out late also. Not quite as late as you, but right now I just got home and it's 10:00pm. I'm no expert, but here's what I do based on my interpretation from what I've read. I mix a shake to take with me to the gym. It's a protein shake with a scoop of Carbulin (sold here)- it's Maltodextrin. I keep it in a cooler since I like it to be cold. When I'm done my workout, I drink it on the way home.

When I get home, I start making my dinner. Tonight is chicken, a slice of toast, some cottage cheese and my Crystal Light with the second half of my creatine for the day. 1/2 preworkout 1/2 post.

youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    post workout shake goes down anytime of the day, 2 am, or 10 am. it will replenish ur glycogen, not store as fat.

when will people learn.

DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DVFlyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just realized I posted this in the female section. I'm a male (if it matters to your opinion of my post)

when will people learn.
    Thanks for the unnecessary comment. I guess we'll never know what it's like to be you since you obviously were born knowing everything and never had to ask a question.

youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DVFlyer
    Just realized I posted this in the female section. I'm a male (if it matters to your opinion of my post)

Thanks for the unnecessary comment. I guess we'll never know what it's like to be you since you obviously were born knowing everything and never had to ask a question.
    That's right. my post wasnt necessarily directed towards u , but directed towards the one that gave u bad advice.
    Last edited by youi09; 03-28-2005 at 10:39 PM.

Money123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! I workout really late due to very long hours at work. Sometimes I'm done around midnight and still have to get up at 5am next morning. After my workouts I usually have a Myoplex Deluxe MRP with milk and a good breakfast after waking up. When I only had whey after my workouts, I used to wake up hungry after a few hours and also felt very hungry and unenergetic the following day.

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think no matter how late you workout, your post workout meal (wether it's a shake or a meal) should contain both protein and carbs. And you don't even go straight to bed! You have two more hours awake. You can have simple carbs or just have something like Protein shake + bowl of oatmeal. After a workout, your body really needs the nutrients (especially the carbs) so your body absorbs them right away. It's a big mistake not to have carbs post-workout.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!