Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question best shoulder exercise

What do you think is the best shoulder exercise to ROUND out the shoulder?

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Shoulder Press, Arnold Press, Machine Press, and L-Laterals.

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

Why are L-Laterals better than regular side raises?

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A compound exercises, presses.

nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Euqinom View Post
    Why are L-Laterals better than regular side raises?
    Well they are not necessarily better, but it allows you to lift more weight which will build more mass and really put the "capped" look on your delts.

Regular laterals aren't really a mass building exercise, but rather an isolated, defining move.

musclar smurfette Sunshineslynn's Avatar
    Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sunshineslynn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    really round shoulders genetics does come in to play but you can alter that if you dont have the genetics to get them. You have to make sure you hit every head on the cap. Alot of people miss doing the rear delt and over do the front since the front is worked so readly on benching. Also dont forget to work the rotator in order to keep the shoulders healthy and happy.

heavy benching will also help you gain size on them.
    any heavy overhead pressing
    Laterals (rear ,hanging side )
    face pulls
    paused front raises
    clean and press (I saw alot of my mass all over from doing those)
    "You can't take some pill and hope your fat will jump off of you like you have the plague. You must work out and eat clean to have a lean, green, fighting machine." Sunshineslynn

'If you always do what you always did, then you will always get what you always do'

I dip, you dip, we all dip....dip to the east, dip to the west ......dip to get that tricep.

fitqueeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lateral Raises w/ cable

What has really made my shoulders pop is side shoulder raises on a cable-pulley machine. Much, much better results than using dumbells.

My shoulder routine:

For size & bulk:
    1.)Overhead shoulder presses, dumbell & barbell
    moderately heavy & heavy sets 2x per week
    2.)Clean and Presses w/ max load
    Super-heavy sets of 1-3 2x per week

For "roundness" and shape:
    1.)Side and front raises on the cable-pulley
    2.)Rear delt on the reverse-pec-deck

Try the cables and you'll be amazed! Sometimes I alternate with free weights for variety, but the cables rock!

Originally Posted by fitqueeen View Post
    What has really made my shoulders pop is side shoulder raises on a cable-pulley machine. Much, much better results than using dumbells.
    Nice! I really have to start incorporating this into my delt workouts! I never use cables for delts - thanks for the tip!

valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) valby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For face pulls do you have the cable set at face height or higher? found a couple of different opinions on this when i Googled it!
    "The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." -Robert Heinlein

"I don't care if it ruins my career; I'd rather be smart than a movie star" - Natalie Portman

enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wide grip pull ups
    hit the speed bag for 2-3 rounds
    The fight is won or lost in the gym.

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nicoledominique View Post
    Well they are not necessarily better, but it allows you to lift more weight which will build more mass and really put the "capped" look on your delts.

Regular laterals aren't really a mass building exercise, but rather an isolated, defining move.
    The only reason you can use more weight is because you've shortened the lever...

I've personally found that lateral and rear delt raises have really helped put on mass on my shoulders (on the other hand the exercise that adds the most mass to my chest is flyes... another isolation movement)... either with free weights or cables... cables are great for keeping a constant tension on the muscle throughout the full ROM
    But there should also be presses in there too....