rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb What is GI? Also, help needed with PWO Please!

I have quite a bit of questions I need answered, as I want to make sure I'm doing everything right. Please, some experienced help would be very much appreciated.

First question, what exactly is GI? What's it stand for? I keep seeing it and I can't find any answer just browsing around. How can I tell how much low/medium/high GI is in certain foods? And is this different that regular carbs that's on the nutrition info on foods?

Also, I read the sticky post about pre and post workout, and it has me thrown off a bit. From what I read, seeing as how I weight 200lbs., I should consume 40-50g of protein and 66g of carbs pre-workout. That's pretty well up there, but then for post-workout, it says I should consume 50g of protein and 100g of carbs? That's a lot of damn carbs. That would leave me with about 100g more protein for the day, and I'm not sure how many carbs.

What can I consume that has so many carbs and protein without killing me on the calories. I should be having an average of 445 calories per meal, 6 meals a day. A serving of oatmeal is only 27g of carbs, and 1 scoop of my protein powder is 20g of protein w/ 120 calories.

Am I missing something? I started my cutting diet a few days ago and it's going okay so far, but I'm still confused on some things. With my cardio activity calculated into my BMR, I burn 3171 calories a day. I'm consuming roughly 2500-2650 a day right now, but I want to give the proper ammount of protein and carbs for my pre and post workout meals.

And just another thing I want to ask about, is it okay for my breakfast to be my pre-workout? I get up and eat at about 6:30am, and then I hit the gym a little more than an hour after I eat, and then I continue to workout for an hour. After my workout I have my post-workout which I consider meal 2. I'm currently doing a 3 day split, and cardio on my off days. Do you suggest I keep the same diet and eat the same ammount of carbs/protein for pre and post meals on my cardio days as I do with my workouts?

Thanks again everyone, I really want to do things right.

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For GI info, click here.
    For PWO info, click here.
    On top of my game, and it don't stop til my hip don't hop anymore.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good links blu. I think this one helps as well.
    http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm
    Unaffiliated.

becoming godsized! bodybuilder45's Avatar
    bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    GI stands for glycemic index. all carbs convert to sugar sooner or later, GI just measures how fast the carbs convert and measure what kind of impact they have on blood sugar and insulin. there are websites that will tell you the the GI of certain foods, but you can get an idea yourself. if its high in sugar, its probably high glycemic. exceptions include some fruits, and sugars from dairy such as milk and yogurt. if a carb source is loaded with fiber, it is going to be lower on the GI as this slows digestion. fat also lowers the GI of foods. when cutting for a competition, the only carbs i eat, come from oats, brown rice, and veggies. for your pre and post workout meals, it isnt necessary to go to those numbers. i would tone it down, especially since you are cutting. if breakfast is preworkout, its cool to have a pretty big breakfast, but PWO includes too much protein as well as carbs. maybe try a ratio of 35/50 protein/carbs. eat lean protein sources such as egg whites, shrimp, tuna, turkey, or chicken. good luck on cutting!

rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses, they helped a lot. Any other replies on the rest of my post?

And BlueSilver, the PWO link you posted is the link I used to figure my numbers. They just seem really high to me.