Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I over or undertraining???

here is my routine let me know what everyone thinks.

MONDAY
    chest/shoulders
    16 sets of chest
    12 sets of shoulders

TUESDAY
    back/biceps/abs
    16 sets of back
    12 sets of biceps
    10 sets of abs

WED
    OFF

THURSDAY
    chest/triceps
    16 sets of chest
    12 sets of triceps

FRIDAY
    back/legs/abs
    16 sets of back
    16 sets of legs
    10 sets of abs

I like hitting the the muscles I am trying to get bigger twice a week, ex... chest,back.
    back/legs/abs

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're not making gains right now it is because of overtraining. If you really want to train each bodypart twice per week then you need to cut down on the volume in order to give your muscles time to fully recover. I'd suggest a 3-4 day split working each muscle once per week.

basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) basscrate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say thats a little bit of overkill ..... you need more time to rest and recover before training again imo
    Excuses are weaknesses!
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to train every muscle twice per week and it seems like I had better gains like that. can anyone suggest a good 4 day split where I can hit my muscles twice a week.

It seems like when I started training each muscle only once a week I didnt see great gains.

just to add this here is my list of supplements

-turbo V12 (love it, in my opinion better than Swole)

-GNC mega whey (only powder that tastes good to me)

-glutamine powder

-GNC mega men

-NO2 (just bought this and just started taking it)

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When you're new to weightlifting you can pretty much train however you want and see gains. I'm assuming this is when you were seeing gains with twice per week. Search the workouts on this website and you can come up with what you're looking for, but I'd seriously recommend a 4-day split/each bodypart once per week if you want to train with that kind of volume.

Originally Posted by johnsbod
    When you're new to weightlifting you can pretty much train however you want and see gains. I'm assuming this is when you were seeing gains with twice per week. Search the workouts on this website and you can come up with what you're looking for, but I'd seriously recommend a 4-day split/each bodypart once per week if you want to train with that kind of volume.
    that was when I just started lifting so maybe that was the reason.

WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) WVfitguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

I've been training naturally for twelve years now and have made some good gains over the years (405 bench, 600 DL) but have never been able to approach that high of volume without seriously overtraining. My threshhold is no more than about 75% of your weekly volume tops.

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

man......ive heard of over kill in regards to 18, 20, 22 sets, but you are doing allmost 40 or more on some days.

im gonna be real with you, if you can honestly do that workout with intensity and good form throughout it, MAD PROPS TO YOU BROTHER!

i used to train each body part 2x a week too before.

now im on a 4day split. its good to change it up every now and then cuz u dont want your body getting used to a routine.

cheers,
    JC
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Originally Posted by juanca
    man......ive heard of over kill in regards to 18, 20, 22 sets, but you are doing allmost 40 or more on some days.

im gonna be real with you, if you can honestly do that workout with intensity and good form throughout it, MAD PROPS TO YOU BROTHER!

i used to train each body part 2x a week too before.

now im on a 4day split. its good to change it up every now and then cuz u dont want your body getting used to a routine.

cheers,
    JC
    for instance on chest I do
    Incline DB 4 sets 12x10x8x6
    Flat DB's 4 sets 12x10x8x6
    Dips 15x15x15x15
    Incline flys 4 sets 12x10x8x6

and I do that routine twice a week no bull****. but I might be overtraining because I am not seeing huge gains.

juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000) juanca is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

IMO, i dont like the reps your using.

you should do 10,10,8,8 and pyramid up in weight.
    it seems to work better for me, but everyone responds differently, so try and see.
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Wink

look dude.......post ALL the exercises that you do on each specific day......i.e., squat, leg extension/leg press, etc,etc......you got me?

ill go from there once you give me that info.

cuz when i did my each bodypart 2X a week i would concentrate on like mass chest day, stretch day, upper back and lower back day.
    "Wow Strong Arms"

Thumbs up This Is What I Do Now.......

WEEK ONE

monday-
    4sets of flat bench
    4sets of incline bench
    4sets of chest dips
    4 sets of shoulder press
    3sets of side laterals
    3sets of uprite rows

wendesday-
    4sets of pullups
    5sets of deadlifts
    4sets of bent over rows
    3sets of bent over rear laterals
    2sets of shrugs

friday-
    4 sets of close grip bench press
    3sets lying tri extension
    3sets of reverse grip pushdowns
    4sets of bb curls
    3sets of incline db curls
    3sets of alternating db curls

saturday-
    5 sets of squat
    4sets of leg extensions
    4 sets of leg press
    4sets of lying leg curls

WEEK TWO

monday-
    4sets of incline bench
    4sets of flat db flyes
    2sets of chest dips
    5sets of shoulder press
    4sets of side laterals

wendesday-
    4 sets of bb rows
    4sets of pulldowns
    4sets of cable rows
    2sets of shrugs
    3sets of bent over rear laterals

friday-
    4sets of dips
    3sets of close grip bench press
    3sets of lying tri extension
    4sets of bb curls
    3sets of incline db curls
    2 sets of standing cable curls

saturday-
    5squats of squats
    4sets of leg extension
    4sets of hack squat
    4sets of lying leg curls

week 3 is week 1 again

week 4 is week 2 again

abs and calves are doing 3X a week.
    "Wow Strong Arms"

delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Boxing11
    I used to train every muscle twice per week and it seems like I had better gains like that. can anyone suggest a good 4 day split where I can hit my muscles twice a week.

It seems like when I started training each muscle only once a week I didnt see great gains.
    DUAL FACTOR HYPERTROPHY TRAINING (dfht) would be perfect for you.

Here's the basics for it:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core9.htm
    Here's another one:
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showthread.php?t=682

You use the search button too for more info.
    Pyramid Paradigm?

http://www.jackherer.com/ Prove Jack Herer wrong and get $100,000.

Originally Posted by Boxing11
    for instance on chest I do
    Incline DB 4 sets 12x10x8x6
    Flat DB's 4 sets 12x10x8x6
    Dips 15x15x15x15
    Incline flys 4 sets 12x10x8x6

and I do that routine twice a week no bull****. but I might be overtraining because I am not seeing huge gains.
    Your reps are fine. You might consider skipping the pyramid and starting with your heaviest weight (after a warmup set) though. That did wonders for my gains. You can also work in a lower rep range to reduce volume if you want to keep that many sets, like 6-8 or 8-10. Ditch the flyes, the other 3 exercises are plenty. I would also recommend doing weighted dips for lower reps than 15. Here's an example of a chest workout for you:

Incline DB 3 or 4 sets, 6-8 reps
    Flat DB Press 3 or 4 sets, 6-8 reps
    Weighted Dips 3 or 4 sets, 6-8 reps