megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pre military training first blog!

Hey my names chris.Im 17 and i am going into my senior year. well within the next year i am joining the united stats airforce and i am hoping to be able to get a special operations job (CC/PARARESCUE/CCW) so my goal is in the next 6 months is too loose another 4 or 5 percentage of body fat. current stats right now

Height= 5 11 inches
    Weight=178
    Waist=34
    Forearm=12 inches
    Bicep relaxed=13 inches
    Bicep flexed= 15
    Calf= 15 and a half
    Neck=14 and a half

Those are my current stats ill try and update once a week on saturdays. Right now my current calorie restriction is on days i work out 1800 and days that i dont is 1500. Starting tomarrow my father is going to start timing me on all the basic test require ments ie (pushups,situps,pullups,chinups,1.5 mile run,2.0 mile run,and when we get a chance swimming) and this is gonna be ontop of my weight lifting routine.My weight lifting/workout days vary on if my dad can get home from work before the gym closes.But this is the schedual now. Chest/lats/delts monday, Biceps/Triceps/Forearm tuesday. Wensday is a break day. Thursday chest/lats/delts Friday Biceps/triceps/forearm. I typicaly do weights on universal machines between sets while my dad is doing his sets and also i do sit ups.ok thats the basic stuff that you might need to know so now ill get too what day 1 was like. please subscribe to read this it would be cool to see comments as im going along cuz i dont have many people i really here any comments from so thank you.

Day 1

Date Tuesday July 24 2007

Excersice- Didnt get to go to the gym today so i did various workouts at home.
    40-pushups
    10-Pullups
    50-situps
    And a little bit of walkin around the mall

Nutrition info-

Tue, Jul 24 2007
    A Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared 140(2 pieces)
    B- Peanut Butter, Smooth Style - With Salt 96
    B Yoplait Light Yogurt (Fat Free) 100
    A Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared, Toasted 69
    Pasteurized - Eggs/Egg Whites 25
    B- Chicken, Thigh - Meat And Skin, Cooked, Roasted 62 153
    A Beans, Baked - Canned, Plain Or Vegetarian 118
    B Potatoes, Mashed, Home-prepared, Whole Milk And Margarine Added 237
    Homemade Vanilla - Frozen Yogurt 200 (1 cup full)
    A Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared 140 (2 peices of bread)
    Deli Sliced Turkey Breast 61
    C- Wheat Thins Crackers Big 177

Total Calories Consumed 1,417

ok that was day 1 i will keep you guys posted thanx for reading check out my profile for pics and if you wana talk to me and get to know me my email is megachris110@yahoo.com and for all Im services it is megachris110. TTYL
    O and heres starter images.

Chris
    Last edited by megachris110; 07-24-2007 at 10:23 PM.

The accidental bulker : ( Bodysteele's Avatar
    Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000) Bodysteele is just really nice. (+1000)
    First in....repped for serving our country(or at least intending to) and repped for being proactive on getting in basic shape before basic.

GL bro...visit my log if you got the time and be sure to train hard and eat smartly...not necessarily so much less...I mean you got the time to lose 10-20 lbs of fat..but also make sure you are feeding yourself adequately to develop your muscles as right now you got alot of potential for growth.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    make sure you get a guaranteed job contract for a different career even if you plan on being a PJ.

i'd suggest doing an aircrew job like loadmaster or boom operator. maybe even SERE. in case you don't make it as a PJ, you can always go back to your original job.

if you don't get a contract and fail out of PJ school, you can be assigned to anything.

PM me if you have any questions about the AF.

or go here:
    http://forum1.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2187341

Bringing back farmer tans Scott_32's Avatar
    Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Best of luck to you Chris, I think you outta go Marine... but I'm kinda biased. Any of the services is a good choice and you have my utmost respect. I'll be following your journal and I'll try to help you out where I can. I actually failed the Marine Recon testing myself(swim like a cinder block) but I know a little bit about what you're training for.
    -Your anger is a gift-

megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) megachris110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanx for the comments nice to see that you guys responded fast.

Boddysteele thanx for the comment and if you can help me tweak my diet as we go along. i eat the healthiest **** through out the day but i sometimes dont have the healthiest dinners.

And to sdflip i defintly not getting my hopes to much on PJ the main thing is. that if i do get the opurtunity to do it i want to make sure i am as in as close to as good shape going in so that i have a better chance of actualy making it thorough there tough as training program (somthin like 85-90percent fail rate sheesh!) the job ill probally do is just buildin/repair Micro pc/servers. or somthin in that general area. and ill defintly probally be contacting you soon with questions but all together im actualy excited to get in the military and go to BMT. I like getting yelled at .

Scot 32 thanx for the comment. I actualy strongly considerd marines but had bunch of discussions with family members and other people close to me and most of them threatend to kill maim and demasculate me or possibly all at the same time. sorry to hear about you not passin the test...ive been blessed with the ability to swim like a fish. learned when i was 4 or 5 and surfed till i was 14 and moved away from the coast to kansas.

Thanx again for the comments if you guys have journals yourslef post a link or let me know how to get to it so i can check them out and drop coments. later guys(and girls if applys)

Chris
    Last edited by megachris110; 07-25-2007 at 11:30 AM.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by megachris110 View Post
    And to sdflip i defintly not getting my hopes to much on PJ the main thing is. that if i do get the opurtunity to do it i want to make sure i am as in as close to as good shape going in so that i have a better chance of actualy making it thorough there tough as training program (somthin like 85-90percent fail rate sheesh!) the job ill probally do is just buildin/repair Micro pc/servers. or somthin in that general area. and ill defintly probally be contacting you soon with questions but all together im actualy excited to get in the military and go to BMT. I like getting yelled at .

get a guaranteed contract for 3C0X1. Communications Computer Systems Operator.

Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronharmon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I spent 4 years in 3/325 A.I.R 82nd Airborne Division as a 11h1p (Airborne Infantry). Your body fat is fine, it is not even remotely an issue and to be honest it would be pointless to decrease it for anything other than aesthetic purposes.

The 82nd Airborne is one of the hardest training and most physically fit units in the U.S. Military.

Here is what you should be focused on?

Push-ups? Timed, as many as you can do in two minutes

Sit-ups? Timed, as many as you can do in two minutes

2 mile run, Timed, your goal should be to get it down to around 11 minutes flat.

These three things take practice. I would do the push-ups and sit-ups around 3 times a week.

You should be running at least 3 miles a day about 5 days a week and doing a 2-mile timed run every month or so just to see where you stand.

I would also throw in some crunches (since sit-ups don?t really hit the abs) and dips which will hit the chest and triceps.

If you can do 10 good clean pull ups in a row, you don?t really need to work on that for now.

You can certainly add weight training to this, but most of these a endurance tests where being big isn?t necessarily an advantage.

I hope this helps.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to help you with more specific ideas ect.

Aaron

Day 2

Wensday July 25 2007

Hey everyone heres todays stats from calorie count.
    Item Grams Calories
    Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared 57 140
    Deli Sliced Turkey Breast 68 61
    Yoplait Light Yogurt (Fat Free) 170 100
    Almonds, Dry Roasted - Without Salt Added 28 167
    Wheat Thins Crackers Big 8 39
    Bread, French Or Vienna - (Includes Sourdough) 96 263
    Sauce, Pasta, Spaghetti/marinara, Ready-to-serve 125 71
    Four Cheese Ravioli - Ravioli 167 497
    Homemade Vanilla - Frozen Yogurt 74 100
    Total Calories Consumed 1,437

Activity Minutes Calories
    Weight Lifting - (Free Weight Nautilus or Universal-type), Power Lifting or Body Building, Vigorous Effort 45 365
    Running - 7.5 mph (8 Min/mile) 8 135
    Normal Calorie Expenditure (?) 1,387 2,271
    Total Burned Calories 2,771

You may notice that i ended up missing breakfast but that was because i ended up sleeping till about 12 so just went strait to lunch(that explains for the 1200 calorie deficit today)because i was up to about 4 last night just messin around on the comp. I did the qualifications for the airforce today to see where im starting off. Heres what i got below

1 mile run. 8:20 (horrible time but i havnt worked out much in the last few motnhs plus the lower calories cause me to exhaust faster.The track i run on is 10 laps per mile and up untill after the 5th lap i was at a 35 second pace which would put me a minute away from my goal near the end of the year but i got exhausted quickly and my time droped dramaticaly after half a mile)

40 push ups 1 minute (Not to shabby ill be doing better want to get up to 80-90 in 2 minuets but i needed to conserve some energy today for weight lifting)

52 situps 1 min(pretty good puts me at the right pace to get my 90 in 2 mins)

Sadly i slacked a little and did not do any pull ups because i needed strength for another hour of weights

Weight lifting routine

Bicep curls Dumbells- 35 pounds-8 reps-3 sets
    Single Arm Rows- 90 pounds -6 reps-3 sets (was still a little fatigued from the running...)
    Laying down over head triceps with bar- 70 pounds-8 reps-3 sets
    Laying down triceps push ups with bar-70 pounds-8 reps-3 sets (i go from over head imediatly to the inside tricep bar pushups)
    Bicep curls with bar- 70 pounds-8 reps- 3 sets

Wanted to get some rowing in but the machines where full with lines since some dumb ass broke the other rowing one so i did a set of legs instead

Legpress universal machine- 310 pounds -8 reps- 2 sets

Started to see stars a little bit after the leg press so i decided to call it a day and headed home. I think i might not have been drinking enough water so when i got home i drank about half a galon to 3 quarters to make sure i was hydrated.Alright that was day 2 ill keep you guys posted. Comments on routine and nutrition or anything else please

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by megachris110; 07-25-2007 at 07:15 PM.

mrsrachelgoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Its your sissy

Hey bro its me your loving wonderful sister i just wanted to say i am so proud of you i dont think anyone on here really gets the hole picture when it comes to want a transformation you have really done with your body over the past few years it is AMAZING...
    so i guess i gotta give you some advice seeing i am on here, well one we are proud of you for making the destion to join the military altho you did pick one of the lame forces :P...Well take it coming from a girl who pushed out an almost 8 lb baby and still looks amazing can you say MILF lol you are doing good but dont get too skinny it isnt sexy muscles are sexy , well i dont really have anything else to say you know me and Dustin are really really proud of you and If you need anything expecailly advice about the military be sure to come to us first seeing Dustin is in his 3rd year of Active duty army (101st thats right baby the best of the best) and I am you know a retired reservest thats right the original "combat barbie"
    ~~~~~~~We LOVE YOU~~~~

Bringing back farmer tans Scott_32's Avatar
    Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scott_32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I see stars every time I do leg press, doesn't matter how hydrated I am. Same with squats, just one of those things. With the hydration though, I always drink one or two glasses of water right before I go to bed. That way soon as I get up I'm ready to go and just normal drinking through out the day is enough to sustain, I won't have to actively "hydrate". Oh, and pushing yourself when you're "low on calories" is good training for you. You're not gonna be able to stop for a power bar during any military exercise(actually, the air force might) but even so, put the training in front of eating.

-Scott
    -Your anger is a gift-

Day 3

Thursday July 26 2007

Hello m8s heres the nutrition and workouts for the day.

Item Grams Calories
    Breakfast
    Pasteurized - Eggs/Egg Whites 56 25
    Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared, Toasted 28 78
    Tea, Brewed - Prepared With Distilled Water 237 2
    Milk, Nonfat, Fluid - With Added Vitamin A (Fat Free Or Skim) 61 21
    Ketchup 15 14
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filled - With Cheese And Ham 168 344
    Rice, White, Medium-grain, Cooked 47 61
    Bread, French Or Vienna - (Includes Sourdough) 64 175
    Wheat Thins Crackers Big 31 150
    Snacks
    Total Calories Consumed 1,339

Running - 9 mph (6.5 Min/mile) 7 142
    Calisthenics - (e.g Pushups, Situps, Pullups, Jumping Jacks), Heavy, Vigorous Effort 15 162
    Normal Calorie Expenditure (?) 1,418 2,321
    Total Burned Calories 2,626

Today was a pretty good day. didnt get to weight lift cuz me and my dad were tired but we did work on my running speed. we practiced high knees and very long strides in order to make me run faster by taking fewer steps while running. worked very well my end sprints where 35 secs per 1/10th of a mile . i got 2 of those sprints done at once so now all i have to do is start working another lap in every week so in 10 weeks i should be close to my goal of the 8:03 mile and a half. also worked on doing over 100 inverted push ups today over the day and 40 in 1 minute. i had my feet up on a bench for the inverted. also worked on situps and pull ups. got 5 pull ups in a row. i think i could do more but i was tired after all the running. weve decided as of next week my running/pushups/pullups/situps will be done around 8 in the morning and the weight lifting at 7 at night so that i can have the energy to efficiently lift. thats pretty much it for today

Chris

Day 4

Friday July 27 2007

heres todays activities and nutrition

Item Grams Calories
    Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared, Toasted 25 69
    Pasteurized - Eggs/Egg Whites 56 25
    Ketchup 15 14
    Tea 237 2
    Milk, Nonfat, Fluid - Without Added Vitamin A (Fat Free Or Skim) 25 9
    Yoplait Light Yogurt (Fat Free) 340 200
    Total Calories Consumed 520

Weight Lifting - (Free Weight Nautilus or Universal-type), Power Lifting or Body Building, Vigorous Effort 30 244
    Calisthenics - (e.g Pushups, Situps, Pullups, Jumping Jacks), Heavy, Vigorous Effort 15 162
    Normal Calorie Expenditure (?) 1,395 2,284
    Total Burned Calories 2,690

For dinner i had a shreded chicken sub with bbq sauce (probally around 600-800 cals) so i should be a little under for today but my matinence day is comin up sunday so it really dosnt matter. Tomarrow ill be weighing in ON A NEW SCALE. so well see if i weigh more or less then when i started because my last one was a peice of crap that would make me weigh heavy or somtimes to light. alright see you minyana

Chris

Day 5

Saturday july 28 2007

Alrighty todays first measurement since i wana start measuring consecutivly on saturdays even though it hasnt been a week yet. only bee about 5 days seein a little bit of a dif in pics. weight is still 178 but that might be because of water weight. been drinking alot of water and quite a bit of diet soda(the sodium will make you hold it) and on my new scale it says i weigh 180 so im not sure which ones right but ill give u both weights every weigh in. heres my measure ments below

height 5 10

Weight 178

Waist 32 (i either was a little bloated when i tape measured last week or my stomach shrank a bit in 5 days)

Hips-36

Chest-38

Forearm-12

Biceps unflexed-14

Bicips flexed-15

Neck-15

Here are some pics below.

IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/megachris110/Picture177.jpg[/IMG]

Im not sure if im seing **** but i think theres already a little more definition in my stomach. probally from all the situps ive been doing lol. next week im gonna try somthin new. gonna cut out my the toast that normaly goes with my egg whites in the morning and have a protein shake instead. gonna cut out my yogurt with lunch and have one there. then one more instead of a snack around 4 00. might raise my cals slightly but i should still be below what im burning off. See you guys later for nutrition

Chris

Day 5

Nutrition

Turkey Breast Meat 65 62
    Breast Patties (Boxed) - Chicken Products/Fully Cooked Chicken Products/Boxed and Bagged Items 73 180
    Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared 28 69
    Beans, Baked - Canned, With Pork 253 268
    Homemade Vanilla - Frozen Yogurt 148 200
    Ketchup 30 29
    Oats 'N Honey 42 180
    Grapes 92 62
    Total Calories Consumed 1,457

Calisthenics - (e.g Pushups, Situps, Pullups, Jumping Jacks), Heavy, Vigorous Effort 10 108
    Normal Calorie Expenditure (?) 1,430 2,341
    Total Burned Calories 2,449

100% Whey Protein Powder - Fundation Fuels 120
    Pasteurized - Eggs/Egg Whites 112 50
    Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared 56 138
    Ham, Sliced, Regular - (Approximately 11% Fat) 56 91
    Beef Shepherd's Pie - Complete Meals 320 376
    Potatoes, Mashed, Home-prepared, Whole Milk And Margarine Added 105 119
    Cookies, Oatmeal, Commercially Prepared, Special Dietary 35 157
    Total Calories Consumed 1,491

Running - 7.5 mph (8 Min/mile) 8 135
    Running - 6.7 mph (9 Min/mile) 9 134
    Weight Lifting - (Free Weight Nautilus or Universal-type), Power Lifting or Body Building, Vigorous Effort 30 244
    Calisthenics - (e.g Pushups, Situps, Pullups, Jumping Jacks), Heavy, Vigorous Effort 5 54
    Normal Calorie Expenditure (?) 1,388 2,272
    Total Burned Calories 2,839

Started the new excercise plan. an hour of cardio/calesthenics in the morning than an hour of weights/calestenics in the after noon. My animal cuts suppliment should arrive tomarrow or the next day

Chris

Item Grams Calories
    Pasteurized - Eggs/Egg Whites 112 50
    Peanut Butter, Smooth Style - With Salt 32 192
    Chicken, Drumstick, Meat Only - Cooked, Roasted 88 151
    Ketchup 30 29
    Ginger Family Cookie Collection, 10.9oz - Pepperidge Farm Cookies 320
    Total Calories Consumed 1,202

Running - 7.5 mph (8 Min/mile) 12 203
    Normal Calorie Expenditure (?) 1,428 2,338
    Total Burned Calories 2,541

didnt get the chacne to go to the gym today + diet really sucked today. stayd below calorie limit and then after dinner i was only at 900 cals and i had nothing with a decent amount of calories except ginger cookies so i had 2 of those at 150 a peice to raise it up a little. ran this morning though

Item Grams Calories
    Bread, Whole-wheat, Commercially Prepared 85 209
    Ham, Sliced, Regular - (Approximately 11% Fat) 56 91
    Tea 237 2
    Milk, Nonfat, Fluid - Without Added Vitamin A (Fat Free Or Skim) 25 9
    Ketchup 15 14
    Egg, White - Raw, Fresh 122 63
    Yoplait Light Yogurt (Fat Free) 340 200
    STOUFFER'S Lasagna with Meat & Sauce 430 555
    Bread, French Or Vienna - (Includes Sourdough) 64 175
    Total Calories Consumed 1,519