Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

School Lunch Menus - BAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Cripes. I just received a newsletter for our school district. Here is what they are serving to all school students:

9/8
    1. Cheeseburger on Roll
    2. Cheese Pizza
    Corn, Canned Fruit, Milk

9/9
    1. Chicken Nuggets
    2. Pepperoni Pizza
    Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
    Canned Fruit
    Milk

9/12
    1. Sausage Pizza
    2. Cheese Pizza
    Tossed Salad (WHOA!)
    Canned Fruit
    Milk

It's then Cheese Ravioli with sauce, pizza, more pizza, BBQ Pork Rib on Roll, FRENCH TOAST STICKS w/SYRUP & SAUSAGE, Lasagna Pinwheel. Repeat ad nauseam.

Holy cow! What a bunch of floury, sugar-laden garbage. I bet the tossed salad is made with nonnutritious iceberg lettuce (duh!).

Pizza can be healthful consumed in moderation. As far as I know, however, there is no effort to decrease saturated fat in the lunch menus. Maybe saturated fat IS fine without simple carbs, but that is not the case here (lots of simple carbs).

I think these menus stink. What do you think?
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wildflower
    Hold Infinity in the Palm of Your
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah and we wonder why we have such a child obesity problem. My kids always took their lunch to school cause you cant trust the schools to do the right thing.
    Think about what you say before you say it, think about what you do before you do it.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I always took a lunch (it was just better).
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) lasvegasmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My school district's menu

Here in Las Vegas my school districts has recently put in place moderately strict guidelines about what they can serve students. They also pulled all vending machines that sell soda and chips, it's all in the teacher's lounge now.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Seems pretty much in line with the level of academics. Garbage all 'round.

Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lynne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by dbflgirl
    Seems pretty much in line with the level of academics. Garbage all 'round.
    That's right about the garbage all 'round. One of the many reasons we homeschool . When my daughter attended public school (Washington state), I packed her lunch except when there was something she wanted to try. She tried these cafeteria foods only once .
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

Re: My school district's menu

Originally posted by lasvegasmuscle
    Here in Las Vegas my school districts has recently put in place moderately strict guidelines about what they can serve students. They also pulled all vending machines that sell soda and chips, it's all in the teacher's lounge now.
    That's a start. Of course, they might think that full-fat milk and juice are good options ....... It's very good that they pulled the snack and soda machines. When I was in junior high, I would sometimes spend my lunch money on that garbage and not have any money for lunch. At our school we had some decent options now that I remember. I will say that the food wasn't always palatable, but obviously there was a good nutritionist planning out our meals: we always had beef vegetable soup available (very nutritious!); entrees were usually hamburger steak with gravy, fish (fried, but still...), pizza loaded with lots of meat (tasted like crap though); always veggies - carrot, pea and corn medley, cabbage, green beans. Hmmmm....makes me wonder
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

SimonSack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat pizza everyday, aswell as bacon sandwiches, chips, crisps. Im fit as fiddle, u only live once, dont take life so seriously :/

Originally posted by SimonSack
    I eat pizza everyday, aswell as bacon sandwiches, chips, crisps. Im fit as fiddle, u only live once, dont take life so seriously :/
    Well, Simon, you might look good, but have you had your blood lipids checked? As far as taking life seriously, you've got to take your health seriously, or you might not be around very long, or you might be compromised in a devastating way. Some people can eat all that garbage and live a long healthy life. Most of us do not have the genetics to do so. How old are you?
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

Simon, you're only 21! I hope you are as healthy as you think you are. I used to eat all that garbage when I was your age, too. Now I know better. Do you weight train? I doubt it. You'd be following a more disciplined diet if you did.
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

Yes i weight train. Being a trainee commercial pilot, i hold a 1st class medical. Doc thinks im in extremely good condition, and even told me himself, that people are far too diet concious. Exercise is the key to good health.

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by SimonSack
    Oh, to be 21 again.

Simon....By the time you are the age of most of us in this forum, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be taking life seriously.

harlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Once you have a habit of eating junk food. It will be a very hard habit to break after 10, 15, or 20 years. At 21 years old, your metabolism is pretty high; but when you turn 30, thats a different story.
    I'm an old guy in a young body.
    Nay hall ma?

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Lynne
    That's right about the garbage all 'round. One of the many reasons we homeschool .
    Us, too! :-)

Originally posted by TrishB
    Oh, to be 21 again.

Simon....By the time you are the age of most of us in this forum, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be taking life seriously.
    How true . Another thing, people equate being fit with health. They don't always go hand-in-hand, i.e., Jim Fixx was fit but not healthy; Winston Churchill was rather rotund and certainly not fit, but he was healthy, dying in his 80's....
    Hand
    And Eternity in an Hour
    - Wm Blake

8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 8 pak man is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's really no such thing as bad food really its all in moderation
    shyler

"If your not gaining weight EAT MORE"