RadStar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question best sauce for chicken & rice ?? bbq too high in sodium?

i recently got a feedback in my journal, saying that i could really cut down sodium in my diet by removin bbq sauce from my diet..
    also was told that teriyaki is high in sodium..

what do y'all put on your chicken and rice ? is there something that tastes good and doesnt cause me to retain water ? low in carbs and fat too please!
    RAD is Cutting
    After Week #1: 168.2 lb
    After Week #2: 168.2 lb

ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you have high bp?

Originally posted by ironlung
    Do you have high bp?
    nope
    RAD is Cutting

ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironlung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Then I wouldn't worry about your sodium levels unless you are a total couch potato or use an excessive amount of sauces.

Kinkoman's low sodium soy sauce is good. Add splenda and garlic to it and you have a teriaki sauce.

BBQ sauce - I'd be concerned more with sugar in these than sodium. Carb options makes really good bbq sauces that are sugar free.

WesO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i love tabasco sauce, and it has really low sodium as far as hot sauces go... only 30mg per tsp

Originally posted by ironlung
    Then I wouldn't worry about your sodium levels unless you are a total couch potato or use an excessive amount of sauces.
    Mmm ok thanks for all suggestions so far.. this whole sodium issue is new to me..

i do cardio and workout regularly as u can see from my journal.. but other than that im pretty sedentary (couch-potato like) cuz i work at a desk, watch tv, stay home with family etc

i use only 1 tbsp or less every time i say i use BBQ sauce in a meal.. how much sodium is too much in mg?

i want to get really cut, both by losing fat and preventing too much water retention.. what should max amount of sodium intake daily in mg be ??
    RAD is Cutting

Forget about the sodium issue, that was bad advice IMO. Unless you have high bp or are dieting for a bodybuilding competition, do not worry about water retention.
    You should be more concerned with calories and the quality of foods you eat if you are trying to lose fat, not sodium. Drink plenty of water also.

Ok then. thanks
    RAD is Cutting