groats are grood for you Nepenthe's Avatar
    Nepenthe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Your diet BEFORE you became enlightened?

xxghostxx gave me an idea for this thread from another thread. His comment:
    Originally posted by xxghostxx
    it's wierd to look back on how you used to eat and wonder how you ever did it. I know i enjoyed it for sure, i used to eat mac and cheese before bed almost every night and all day i'd eat mike and ikes and swedish fish candies.
    I don't eat fast food, but as late as last summer I had dreadful eating habits anyway. I used to be a mac n cheeser also. I'd take the whole Kraft box, add about a teaspoon of salt, four slices of American cheese, whole milk, and margarine, and eat the whole thing! That was after eight or ten hours without food. More:

--My spaghetti intake was impressive. I'd eat the white noodles, at least 5 ounces dry, and half a jar of the Prego Hearty Meatball Parmesean, plus a good half tablespoon of margarine on the noodles and a full cover of parmesean cheese. 1100 calories, easy.

--I could eat six bowls of Special K in one sitting, with whole milk for each refill. Goes fast. 1170 calories I think.

--My salads were awesome. Basically, I had lettuce with my ranch.

--When visiting my 'rents, I'd down a Godiva Chocolate Caramel Hearts pint over a two day period. 116 grams of sugar and 44 grams of satch fat. They own a medical clinic, and folks are always bringing them desserts, so I used to polish off whatever was on the counter or in the fridge -- cheesecake, pastry, cake, etc.

--My worst would be a whole package of Hamburger Helper Stroganoff (2000+ calories) or an enormous styrofoam container of sickly sweet sesame chicken (gotta be 3000 calories, not technically fast food and it was a while ago).

--Years ago, when I was extremely poor, I lived on ramen noodles. There was at least a month where six days out of seven I had nothing but three or sometimes four ramen noodles packages. They were 5 cents each on sale at Sack n Save back then.

Anyway, yah, it amazes me what I used to subsist on, and that I actually had energy, didn't develop cancer, and didn't get fat. Bloody moron.

Let's hear it. What did you used to eat?
    Do things because you ought to do them. Do things because you want to do them. Never do what you feel you ought to want to do.

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hmmm i never used to eat much at all really, 1-2 meals a day, ALWAYS fast food, mc donalds, kebabs, kfc, hungry jacks whatever was closest and tastiest. and then after my gf broke up with me i was lucky to eat 1/2 a mc donalds cheeseburger a day for about three months... sometimes didnt eat at all during the day, then i didnt eat ANYTHING for a whole week, not a bite of food. thats when i openenededed my eyes and started lifting, now ive got a gut cuz i did the first three months of my "bulk" on fast foods which i regret alot, starting to really clean it up alot now.
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    something like....

breakfast: none/toast/sugar cerial!
    morning tea: choc jam dounut (damn they are good)
    lunch: chips/chicken pita (with mayo), usually a 2 salad sandwiches, with meat sometimes
    afternoon: coke/corn chips/ice cream
    dinner: only proper dinner i had was pasta (lots of it) with tons of meat sauce and TONS of cheese, sometimes some chicken (skin-on) and rest of the times some quick food lying around the house (my mum doesnt cook that often, and i couldnt cook so i just made some quick crap)

i didnt eat that everyday, they are just samples of stuff i had at that time! but very unhealthy as you can see! healthiest meal was probly lunch, my mum made me sandwiches alot, which were ok, but i reckon i liked the choc-jam dounuts for $1 too much

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My breakfast would usualy consist of like 3+ bowls of cereal
    After school i would have about 3 cups of rice with tons of beef and some veggies
    My snacks would be more cereal or sometimes cookies
    My dinner would usually be more rice with meat, or sometimes i would eat a whole pizza.

Man after looking back at this sh*t, i was on a cheat day everyday! lol
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".

j00tel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having lost over 100 lbs myself, here's a glimpse into a typical day in my old diet:

lots of soda, candy bars
    several *large* bowls (as in mixing bowls) of cereal
    fast food 1-2 times a day

I was the typical fat kid in high school. Isn't this the same story with a lot of people who become really fit in their 20's? I went from 250 lbs at 5'6" to having visible abs, I guess with some of us it's always one extreme or the other.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nepenthe, glad I gave you an idea. To add to the list from which you quoted me earlier, my freshman year in college I lived off of store brand bagged cereal knock offs of apple jacks and honeycombs, then for lunch and dinner both, 1-2 packs of ramen noodles with 2-4 slices of toast to dip in the broth, and every few days a triple or quadruple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I was also a pizza delivery guy which opened a window of opportunity to any extra pizza/pizaa sandwiches with as much extra cheese as I wished to put on it. I used to also drink this artificially sweetened juice because it was cheap, I probably drank about 2-3 giant glasses of this stuff a day, When I account for it now, the juice alone was more than 2/3 of my total daily bulking carbohydrate intake.
    Unaffiliated.

Hit me and ill return ballplaya24524's Avatar
    ballplaya24524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ballplaya24524 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my summer diet used to conist of
    2 bowls ice cream breakfast some cookies browies snack ice cream luccnh and like pizza or hambuger at ngiht lol

wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My old diet would have been something like this:

Breakfast: Nothing
    Mid-Morning: Sandwich, packet of potato chips
    Lunch: Sandwich/Bread roll, potato chips, soft drink
    Mid Afternoon: Lamington, probably something else just as sugary
    Dinner: Whatever was served up by Mummy (I live away from home because of uni now)
    After Dinner: Icecream, fruit salad, cheescake

NOW I AM ENLIGHTENED!

Nick.
    Dreamer bulk progress: 75.1kg/165lbs 21st Jan 2018 > 94.7kg/208.8lbs 14th September 2018

wildturkey's going to do a powerlifting comp in a misc shirt thread - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175560231

wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wildturkey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My old diet would have been something like this:

Breakfast: Nothing
    Mid-Morning: Sandwich, packet of potato chips
    Lunch: Sandwich/Bread roll, potato chips, soft drink
    Mid Afternoon: Lamington, probably something else just as sugary
    Dinner: Whatever was served up by Mummy (I live away from home because of uni now)
    After Dinner: Icecream, fruit salad, cheescake

NOW I AM ENLIGHTENED!

Nick.
    Dreamer bulk progress: 75.1kg/165lbs 21st Jan 2018 > 94.7kg/208.8lbs 14th September 2018

wildturkey's going to do a powerlifting comp in a misc shirt thread - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175560231

liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The worst part about my old diet is eating bad really late, sometimes my schedule just doesn't work out for early consumption. I am much better about this now though, and if I do eat late I moderate my portions. Plus it is far and few when I have any type of sugar or candy. This is one thing I have given up about 99%.

Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would normally wake up at 6am, goto school without having eaten anything. Skip lunch at school and not get any kind of food into me until 3pm when I got home. A typical 3pm breakfast for me consisted of Italian or Chinese takeout or lots and lots of whatever was around the house. Icecream, spaghetti, cereal, Tortilla chips and salsa (yum). I would constantly eat from 3pm to bedtime.
    Jan 25 2011--- 361 lbs
    Apr 19 2011--- 305 lbs
    Aug 1 2011---- 279 lbs
    Oct 1 2011---- 257 lbs
    Jan 1 2012---- 237 lbs

Mar 1 2012--- 234 lbs

GOAL
    Aug 1 2012 -- 210 lbs

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    pop tarts for breakfast, no food at school cause i saved all my lunch money for gas money, so after like 10 hours without food id have moms garbage dinner, then right before bed maybe a soda and some butter sandwiches......only water i drank was at school and i drank like 5 sodas a day, the odd thing is i had a 6-pack all through high school and lost it when i did my first real bodybuilding bulker

MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by cramron
    pop tarts for breakfast, no food at school cause i saved all my lunch money for gas money, so after like 10 hours without food id have moms garbage dinner, then right before bed maybe a soda and some butter sandwiches......only water i drank was at school and i drank like 5 sodas a day, the odd thing is i had a 6-pack all through high school and lost it when i did my first real bodybuilding bulker

u had a six pack cuz u were not eating nearly enough calories... did u have any muscle?

abs = absence of fat, not presence of muscle (more or less)
    Max-OT Style Training Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142350311

Vires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Normally leftovers for breakfast or nothing,cherry coke and chex mix for lunch at 1sh, peanut butter crunch and a couple pepsis when I got home. Sometimes dinner sometimes not, those pepsis are filling! Like 2 cups of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and a crushed cookie. Ouch!

Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm

Heres my "diet" before I started to go on a real one..

Wake up have maybe 1-2 bowls of frosted flakes w/ milk with about half a cup of sugar and 2 cups of orange juice

school - nasty fatty foods and a soda and chocalate milk

come home have left overs or anything that is microwavable like poppers or pizza rolls 1 soda

dinner - w/e my mom cooks *grease* and 1-2 sodas

night - left overs from dinner or cook some food and maybe 1-2 sodas

i used to take in more then 5,000 calories.

max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10) max_Cady is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was a lot heavier when i was at college a couple of years ago. A typical day would be as follows:
    Breakfast: Cup of Tea
    Lunch: McDonalds Quater pounder with cheeses meal + a cheeseburger i got for free for being a student
    Next meal: Skip classes and head for the Pub. Play pool and drink maybe 6 pints of stella or so...
    Dinner: Cant really remember...probably a spaghetti bolognase or something.

Some of my friends had exactly the same diet and didn't gain a pound. Lucky b$%^ards!

Brake, when u were eating fast food just like twice a day were you thin?
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never had a BAD diet, really... family dinner time was important and my parents are good cooks, so dinner was always decent. A normal day:

6:30 - Breakfast - a couple bowls of sugar cereal, 2% milk
    11:30 - Lunch - whatever they had at school, usually crap carbs
    3:30 - Snack - crackers/granola bar and milk
    6:00 - Dinner - some kind of lean meat, vegetables, dessert

It wasn't really that bad either... I was overweight but that's just because I didn't play any sports or do anything other than sit on my ass. I like my diet now much better - I get to eat so much more, so much more often, and I look and feel so much better
    not big yet... but im gonna get there
    the battle of the doggpound has begun