jdm001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need a new workout program for chest/bi's

I've been working out for about 8 months now and like the progress on pretty much everything I've tried except those two areas, upper arms and chest. My legs (mainly the calves) are pretty cut, and I did thousands of hammer curls so that my forearms grew a whole lot.

Now I'd like to inflate my bi's. I am weak on the bench press, and this is the biggest thing for both the areas I want to work; however, i have a weak elbow. I'm 6'2 210 and can only bench 165 max (flat bench).

Should I try to strengthen my bi's by trying to go a little heavier each time? I'd rather do this quicker.

I plan on doing this for about a month to help me get stronger and then go to a heavier bench press based workout. here's what I'm thinking:

Dumbell Curls (3x of 10,8,8 reps)
    Cable Underhand Curls (3x of 10 reps)
    Cable Crossovers (3x 12, 10, 10)
    Preacher Curls (3x of 10, 4th set of light 40lbs doing 21's)
    Standing EZbar Curls (3x each to exhaust)
    Rev. Grip Pullups (1 set till exhaust)

Would this workout 3 times a week work to build up my bench so I can then go into a bench heavy workout in a couple months?

Any info appreciated
    Jm

The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Game has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well for one thing it looks like your overtraining man! You should only workout each body part once a week. Also you are also doing way too many sets for biceps. Here is a routine for both chest and biceps to build mass.

Chest - Incline bench presses - 3x6-8 reps
    Dumbell decline/or flat bench - 3x6-8 reps
    Incline flyes - 3x8-10 reps

Biceps - Barbell curls - 2-3x6-8 reps
    Preacher curls - 2-3x6-8 reps
    Hammer curls - 2-3x6-8 reps

Try this for a few weeks and keep us posted! Good luck!

I AM THAT DAMN GOOD!!!!!!!!

collosus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What The Game has said sounds great!You really do seem to be overtraining.Once a week is it for everything if you want mass. Seems like a good routine.Although a week elbow is always gunna give you grief!Its hard to press a big weight if you think a joint is gunna fail.A good spotter is a must!

Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Baumer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, don't train the same bodypart more than once a week if you want to gain mass.

Some good mass builders that I've used:
    bi's:
    standing curls with a curl bar on the pully machine
    incline dumbell curls

chest:
    flat dumbell presses
    incline and decline dumbell presses