olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

All opinions on losing fat, gaining muscle.

Ok guys ive read this over and over and everything, but there is some dumbass on a totally different forum that is saying how he lost 15lbs of fat and gained 10lbs muscle..

This is what he wrote after a post I made.

"Sorry bud, but that's a common mistake people believe. Correct diet and exercise will enable you to do this. In fact you can eat amounts and types of food that would make you normally gain wait, but if your activity level increases enough, you will still lose fat without losing muscle.

If you honestly believe you can't burn fat and build muslce, you've been talking to too many know-it-alls in your local gym. I, in fact, lost 15 pounds of fat while putting on 30 pounds on my benchpress in 2 months by introducing intense cardio sessions into my down days. The rest of my drug-free powerlifting team saw similar results also... the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding says you're wrong. "

tell me what you think.. He claims I dont have a clue..

Please respond.. I want to know everyones thoughts..
    Thanks you.. feel like putting this dumbass in his place..
    Ryan
    Last edited by olly281; 02-22-2004 at 03:00 PM.
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Bulked-oct 24 184lbs (start)
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you lift heavy and follow a good diet than there is nothing wrong with losing fat and building muscle at the same time.But it is more complicated then you think.
    You have to know the GI index of the foods and using this index in a timely manner.
    always go heavy no matter what

olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50) olly281 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See everyone says you need extra calories to gain mass!! So wouldnt restricting calories be losing weight and not enough to gain muscle size.. Especailly losing 15lbs of fat while gaining 10lbs of muscle??? Sounds a little weird to me..
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xenonguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well guy,you don't have to consume 8000 calories in a day to grow,excessive calorie consumption will lead to fat storage(gaining fat)..If your daily requirement is 3000 calories and if you consume 3100 calories,then the 100 calories is excessive and will lead to fat.The rule of thumb is to know your calorie need in a day.
    If you want to lose fat and build muscle at the same time simple reduce your calorie intake 100-200 calories each weak(don't reduce your calorie intake below 2000 if your daily requirement is 3000 or more) and make a slight adjustment for carbs and keep your protein intake high.The final thing is you have to be patience in order to see the results.
    always go heavy no matter what

ya I understand the whole reducing calories and increasing calories and everything..

This guy claims he lost 15lbs of fat and gained 10lbs of muscle. He didnt state how long it took but sounds like it would have at least taken a long time to do..

he said he did cardio and reduced calories.. So cardio from what members on here say plus reduced calories will burn fat with usually minimal muscle burning, but he said he didnt lose any muscle but gained a bunch
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've gained muscle, while losing fat. I lift really heavy and intensly 4 times a week and do light cardio twice a week. I maintain a calorie intake that is 11x my weight, 200g of protein and a generally clean diet.

My brother has done the same, he gained about 20 lbs of muscle and lost 25 lbs of fat in 5 months...on a clean diet, no drugs, etc.

noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Chicago911
    I've gained muscle, while losing fat. I lift really heavy and intensly 4 times a week and do light cardio twice a week. I maintain a calorie intake that is 11x my weight, 200g of protein and a generally clean diet.

My brother has done the same, he gained about 20 lbs of muscle and lost 25 lbs of fat in 5 months...on a clean diet, no drugs, etc.
    I find 20lbs of muscle in 5 months hard to believe. Is he 7' tall? Not to mention losing 25lbs at the same time, I don't believe it.
    no catchy quote
    no websites to advertise
    no stats to show off
    no goals to report
    no progress to report
    -noname-

Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Chicago911 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally posted by noname
    I find 20lbs of muscle in 5 months hard to believe. Is he 7' tall? Not to mention losing 25lbs at the same time, I don't believe it.
    why do u find it hard to believe? I can give countless examples of people who have put on at least 20 lbs of muscle in 3 month.

Lacrosse828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not hard to gain upwards of 10 lbs of muscle in months, it just takes good diet and intense training. Also, if you stick to an incredibly clean diet at about a 40 -40 -20 ratio of macronutrients, muscle gain and fat lose will happen at the same time. To do this , most of your carbs must be low GI, and do some type of cardio, preferably HIIT, 2-3 times a week

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well if he lost 15 lbs, he must have been pretty fat to begin with, in which case it is easier to loose.

Did he say how advanced he was?

How does he know it is not 10 lbs of fat and 5lbs of muscle? Did he measure his BF?

His numbers sound a bit too round for me..

Well he is a power lifter which set a record in bench press in HS.. So I dont know how long ago that was.. But hes calling me Kid.. so thats funny..

Well he said he was 15% before was 220 now 215, with losing 15lbs of fat and gaining 10lbs of muscle..

So he must be pretty experienced. He keeps say how im a complete retard and gaining more then 2lbs a week of muscle is easy.. From what ive read here.. 1-2lbs of muscle is optimal.
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by olly281
    Well he is a power lifter which set a record in bench press in HS.. So I dont know how long ago that was.. But hes calling me Kid.. so thats funny..

Well he said he was 15% before was 220 now 215, with losing 15lbs of fat and gaining 10lbs of muscle..

So he must be pretty experienced. He keeps say how im a complete retard and gaining more then 2lbs a week of muscle is easy.. From what ive read here.. 1-2lbs of muscle is optimal.
    Ryan
    If he was at 15% bodyfat at 220 then he had 33 pounds of fat and 187 pounds of muscle. If he lost 15 pounds of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle he would have 18 pounds of fat and 197 pounds of muscle. That means he would be at 8% bodyfat. Ask him to post a picture of himself and see if he looks ripped.

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the only way to burn fat and gain muscle at the same time would be for your body to utilize its own fat stores in order to put itself into a calorie surplus (which will then allow muscle tissue to be constructed). this occurs frequently in relative beginners. but if this person is implying that he is a veteran lifter and that this is a common occurrence in more advanced lifters... then he is wrong, plain and simple.

the use of anabolics make this process much more feasible, but still not likely. even the best and most knowledgeable bodybuilders still go through cutting and bulking cycles, or some variation thereof. the macronutrient ratios needed to do this has a margin of error that is basically nonexistent.

also, tell this guy that him increasing his bench press weight has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with him gaining muscle. ask him how he knows that he lost fat and gained muscle at the same time. what sort of bodyfat tests did he do? did he periodically monitor his progress or did he just decide to get his levels checked after a certain period of time? he could have went through mini-cyles of cutting and bulking by varying his calories without noticing. exactly what calculations did he use? i personally think he has no idea what he is talking about and is just trying to sound like the guy who is there to "help out the newbies".
    Last edited by Wanker527; 02-22-2004 at 06:55 PM.
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius

Cool are your #'s currect? Not trying to say you dont know what your doing.. But i have no idea about calculating BF% I would just ask what bf% he is at? That would work.. If he said like 12% or something he would be full of **** right??

Good idea.. Let me know.
    It just bugs me cause im on the car forum and he starts calling me out sorta. Then continues to be like everyone here knows your dumb and whatever.. Realy starting to bug me.. haha.. Not as bad as its buggin him cause hes throughing out everyname in the book.. Its hellarious..
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noname has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Chicago911
    why do u find it hard to believe? I can give countless examples of people who have put on at least 20 lbs of muscle in 3 month.
    Are these examples MuscleTech ads? lol
    no catchy quote
    no websites to advertise
    no stats to show off
    no goals to report
    no progress to report
    -noname-

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gains of more than 2lbs a week for someone who is not a beginner is very rare. If it really happens to him he is probably an easy gainer.

And if it is so easy why isn't he still bigger? If he started lifting at 175lbs and is 215lbs, he gained say maybe 30lbs.. which should have taken him 15 weeks.. less than 4 months.

Losing 15 lbs of fat starting at 15% means ending at 8%. Is he really cut?

And be careful.. not everybody say what they're on.. and those who are on something are very good at saying that the others know nothing and are full of **** because they're smaller..

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool are your #'s currect? Not trying to say you dont know what your doing.. But i have no idea about calculating BF% I would just ask what bf% he is at? That would work.. If he said like 12% or something he would be full of **** right??

Good idea.. Let me know.
    It just bugs me cause im on the car forum and he starts calling me out sorta. Then continues to be like everyone here knows your dumb and whatever.. Realy starting to bug me.. haha.. Not as bad as its buggin him cause hes throughing out everyname in the book.. Its hellarious..
    Ryan
    My numbers are always correct. I like to think so anyway. I am sure they are correct in this. I am basing this off of what he said his weight was, you saying his bodyfat % was 15%, and knowing that he lost 15 pounds of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle.

Thanks Wanker (wow that sounds funny)

One major point I was trying to get at would be the calorie surplus to build muscle mass.. He was like muscle has micro tears and whatever.. Which I know.. But my point was teh clean extra calories to build muscle and fewer calories to burn fat..

His main arguement was that im an idiot if I dont think you can do both at once..

I stated the reasons how that could be acchieved
    Beginer
    Fatter then normal
    Muscle memory
    Steriods.

He called BS, so i got a little arguement going on for like an hr or 2 now..haha
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

Originally posted by Heisman
    My numbers are always correct. I like to think so anyway. I am sure they are correct in this. I am basing this off of what he said his weight was, you saying his bodyfat % was 15%, and knowing that he lost 15 pounds of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle.
    Cool that is what he claims... He hasnt responded to my last post yet, but its getting funny.. Another major arguement was that I should pic up Biology 101 somewhere.. haha..
    Ryan
    age 22
    6'1''
    status cutting
    Feb 20 205lbs end
    Cutting- current 200lbs

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cool that is what he claims... He hasnt responded to my last post yet, but its getting funny.. Another major arguement was that I should pic up Biology 101 somewhere.. haha..
    Ryan
    lol, biology. yeah, i'm pretty sure the first chapter is all about how humans can burn fat and build muscle simultaneously .
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius

Ya, I dont claim to know a lot.. Ive learned a lot from these forums though..

And most of what ive learned is from this site..
    Thanks...
    Ryan