Thread: need advice

mdb99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need advice

I'm having surgery in 1-1/2 weeks(shoulder clavical resection) and will be out of action as far as upper body in concerned for at least 2 and maybe 3 months. Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to prevent or at least slow the muscle/strength loss. I'm dreading this with a passion, but from what I've read and been told, if I want to continue lifting its gotta be done. The worse part of this is that I am just about as strong right now as I have ever been. I hate to see all that work go to nothing. Anything you guys know of would help.

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Keep your diet in check with lots of protein to provide the necessary building blocks for recovery and slow muscle catabolism.

If you can do any form of training for the legs that would really be of help. Things like leg presses, calf raises (done in the leg press) will help you to give the body the false impression that the muscle mass you carry is still vital to survival.

Nuber 1: Be carefull! I know you dont' want to lose what you have gained but it's better to take a little set back and get started fresh then it is to do something stupid and set yourself back even further.

Best of luck bro!
    http://www.angelfire.com/ego/gethuge

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    keep diet in check
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    yep diet and any leg excercises that dont effect ur shoulder...