Thread: How is my diet?

dhochoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How is my diet?

I follow a high-protein ketogenic diet and I'm trying to cut (while also building muscle) so I keep my caloric intake between 2000-2500 a day. I usually burn at least 500-600 calories exercising.

Here's a simple of what I usually eat:

Breakfast

3 brown eggs w/ turkey sausage and bacon (seasoned with salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic). Ratio keto-friendly yogurt and a cup of ground coffee w/ premier protein.

Lunch

8 oz ground turkey (seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, red pepper, and browning) or 2 chicken drumsticks (seasoned with salt, black pepper, paprika, and sugar-free bbq sauce), 1/3 cup of sardines, 1 scoop of isopure powder, and catalina crunch with almond milk. This is my pre-workout meal.

Dinner

8 oz steak (seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, and red pepper) or salmon (seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, and paprika), roughly a cup of veggies (usually seasoned with salt and pepper), a medium avocado, and 2 tea bags of ginger tea. Post-workout meal.

Snack

I try to avoid snacking as much as possible but I usually have either a mozzarella cheese stick or some nuts.

So overall... what y'all think of my diet? Is it healthy or does it need work?
    Last edited by dhochoy; 04-27-2022 at 09:58 AM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    post calories / macros and your goals/activity levels... not the names of foods.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Post age/sex/height/weight.
    Funished renal hoses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dhochoy View Post
    I follow a high-protein ketogenic diet and I'm trying to cut (while also building muscle) so I keep my caloric intake between 2000-2500 a day. I usually burn at least 500-600 calories exercising.

Here's a simple of what I usually eat:

Breakfast

3 brown eggs w/ turkey sausage and bacon (seasoned with salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic). Ratio keto-friendly yogurt and a cup of ground coffee w/ premier protein.

Lunch

8 oz ground turkey (seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, red pepper, and browning) or 2 chicken drumsticks (seasoned with salt, black pepper, paprika, and sugar-free bbq sauce), 1/3 cup of sardines, 1 scoop of protein power, and catalina crunch with almond milk. This is my pre-workout meal.

Dinner

8 oz steak (seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, and red pepper) or salmon (seasoned with salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, and paprika), roughly a cup of veggies (usually seasoned with salt and pepper), a medium avocado, and 2 tea bags of ginger tea. Post-workout meal.

Snack

I try to avoid snacking as much as possible but I usually have either a mozzarella cheese stick or some nuts.

So overall... what y'all think of my diet? Is it healthy or does it need work?
    What is your weight doing? That will tell you if your fatloss diet is working or not. Whether you'll build any muscle simultaneously will be questionable.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 04-27-2022 at 09:08 AM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    post calories / macros and your goals/activity levels... not the names of foods.
    I try to keep it around 140g of fat, 170 - 200g of protein, and less than 50g of carbs.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    What is your weight doing? That will tell you if your fatloss diet is working or not. Whether you'll build any muscle simultaneously will be questionable.
    I've lost weight so far eating that way but I wondering how the diet holds up health-wisen

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've lost weight so far eating that way but I wondering how the diet holds up health-wisen
    That's so broad a question that it's near meaningless without specific context.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    as long as you get enough protein in and a minimum of good fat it's fine.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Health wise you can narrow down with: how you feel, blood work and if you’re noticing improvements otherwise.

For example, if your labs show you’re alright but you’re suddenly getting allergies or eczema that’s an indicator health wise it’s not beneficial to you. Everyone’s body reacts differently.

Well after the diet, I started to feel more focused and able to get in a good workout. I also checked my blood pressure and it was fine. Haven't had my blood work done tho.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would replace the sardines with oysters.

Weekend before last I had half a dozen raw oysters every day for four days in a row. I'd wake up a few times at night and Mr. Happy was at full attention.
    Funished renal hoses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I would replace the sardines with oysters.

Weekend before last I had half a dozen raw oysters every day for four days in a row. I'd wake up a few times at night and Mr. Happy was at full attention.
    I had stopped them for a while (didn’t feel like going in to order any)….never again. For those who haven’t tried you must!!!

Even Gordon Ramsay swears by them!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I try to keep it around 140g of fat, 170 - 200g of protein, and less than 50g of carbs.
    140g of fat???
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    140g of fat???
    He's on a ketogenic diet.... that's high protein as well(?).
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure which is worse, rate my diet posts or rate my workout posts.