FragiLimbel is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much happier has weight loss made you?

I know this may sound dumb, but I always feel like when I lose all the weight and I am healthy, that I'll just be happier. I'm not sure how exactly but I just won't feel as bad. Like somehow the chemicals in my body will balance out so that I won't be as depressed, or things won't affect me as much, or I won't be as worried/anxious as I always am.

Whenever something bad happens or I make a mistake or if I get my heart broken, I'll think to myself "well if I were healthy and skinny, then I wouldn't feel as bad" or "It'll get better once I lose all the weight"

Am I alone in this?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you're not alone. i tend to think like this too sometimes, but not necessarily about weight loss. it could be something like "if my lifts were better and i looked more muscular, X, Y & Z would be more enjoyable". for me, it brings motivation and i don't see anything wrong with it

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was the saddest i'd ever been when I was my lightest (anorexic).

I was my happiest when I was on the heavier side (high school).

In terms of how happy I was with my BODY, i'd say when I was bigger but not holding TOO much extra fat, around 13-15% or so.... that was a good balance.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know. I've never been overweight and I know I wouldn't be happy in that state. You don't have to stick hot needles in your eyes to know it wouldn't be pleasurable.

On a serious note, If being overweight makes you unhappy then fix it. Just the fact that you're conscious of it being negative is a reason to work on it. Will your mom love you more? No. Will women find you more attractive? Maybe. Will your friends like you more? No.

You won't be able to eat and drink what you want anymore and if that's important to you then being lean may not work for you.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) riy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not going to lie, I've had a pretty tough time with my weight. It's been something that has always bothered me, but now? Now things are different! The first thing is I just feeling better. I'm not as tired, it's just easier to do things but Im an older lifter.

I'm also more confident in myself!

brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brianadelstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Returning to obesity after 6 years of being fit after a major injury was pure agony. I was a stranger in my own body, and spent most of 2020 trying to fight it off through exercise and clean diet. Not really understanding the calorie in/calorie out process. Trying to go to sleep was even harder, with a belly hanging over me in bed. Now, down 20 pounds in three months thanks to my friends here, I feel like a hero, aspiring now to be a superhero. But still calm and at peace, taking several days off the diet to just relax and be with my family in Florida next month.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FragiLimbel View Post
    I know this may sound dumb, but I always feel like when I lose all the weight and I am healthy, that I'll just be happier. I'm not sure how exactly but I just won't feel as bad. Like somehow the chemicals in my body will balance out so that I won't be as depressed, or things won't affect me as much, or I won't be as worried/anxious as I always am.

Whenever something bad happens or I make a mistake or if I get my heart broken, I'll think to myself "well if I were healthy and skinny, then I wouldn't feel as bad" or "It'll get better once I lose all the weight"

Am I alone in this?
    I have gone from about 240 lbs at my heaviest to about 175 lbs now, and I definitely notice some great health benefits. Better quality of sleep, more energy, less prone to depression. I used to snore badly, that disappeared completely with the fat loss.

When it comes to how happy I feel with my body I don't feel there is any effect at all. It seems that the goalpost tends to move further away the fitter you get, you get more obsessed and self-conscious about your body the leaner/more muscular you become. When I was obese I didn't really think about my body, I was a delusional permabulker who thought I looked good and carried more lean mass than I did. And this was fueled by comments from others like "you look strong", "you look like you drink your milk", "you look like a biker", etc.

When I cut down those comments changed to "you look so skinny", "you look like the Pianist", etc. That is life for a natty lifter I guess.

Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was fat my whole life up until I graduated high school.

It was awful, skipped lunch and went to the library to do homework because Ibhad no friends to sit with. Girls paid me no attention etc.

Once I lost weight and started lifting and I went from 220lbs 130lbs everything changed (initially). However, once I started hanging out with "other fit people" new things that weren't as bad before were how the problem, IE I was fit BUT still 5'4" soooooo there's always something to be be worried about.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best thing i ever did for myself was to get to a very lean and fit body and stay there all the time .......the benefits and day to day life improvements are unending............nearest thing to a religious conversion i have ever had

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was rejected by almost every girl in HS. Decided to gym up senior year. lost 55 lbs by the spring semester of my freshman year to get my abs (back then) and it was a total 180. Not even in terms of how girls treat you, but I noticed it was even easier to make friends with other guys too. Everyone treats you completely different. Being better looking helps with a lot of things in life

I started lifting for the social aspects of being better looking, so yea it made me a million times happier

I can definitely say I’ve never been happy with my body though. I think it’s pretty common to shift goal posts on what you would be happy with as you progress
    ChemE in education, SoftwareE in job

Live slow, Die whenever SLOTH LIFE

poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) poker27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FragiLimbel View Post

Am I alone in this?
    I’ve struggled with weight most of my life. In the past 12 months I’ve lost 60 or so lbs, going from 230-170.

Happier? Hell yes. Not only feeling better about myself and more confident, but... I look forward to so much. Look forward to taking pictures, vacations, summer, etc.

I continually struggle with my weight, recently gained some weight, and the ‘happiness’ of eating pie on my couch, does not compare with how I feel the other 23 hours a day. And I love pie.

zandrabher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zandrabher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zandrabher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    we got loose weight just sometimes in a year coz we were aging up. but when i got slim sometimes i am so much happy even we got stressed in our problems
    [ no advertising ]

Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pennywisest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily happier when I'm fit. It's more like my problems change. I have a lot more energy, but if I don't use it it tends to funnel directly into anxiety I simply wouldn't have at a higher weight.

I also have a lot more unhappiness from social situations because the way I come across to people is a lot different. I go from looking like your friendly neighborhood nerdy giantess who is a great source of homework help and weird obscure words... To looking like someone who's never had trouble getting a date and must play either volleyball or basketball... (Throw a ball at me and it WILL hit my face.)

I feel a lot better when I can have a group of friends that is mostly guys... But when I'm fit the percentage of them that find me attractive goes up... Ruining friendships and perfectly good "that's what she said" jokes.

Random harassment in public also becomes a thing... Oh god is it a problem... If screaming "BOOBS" or something equally stupid at a woman has ever gotten you laid, when you wake up in the morning you had better IMMEDIATELY get tested for an STD... And check your wallet.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have lost 85 lbs from 310 down to 220, and I would say it has made me more happy. But in a indirect way - I didnt walk around smiling all the time back then and i don't now either. But I would say that my quality of life is far better now and that improves my mood, I can do more, walk more, and have got a new job I could not have done before.

That's going to lead to a better quality of life. So I wouldn't say its made me happier but it has improved my life.
    Start weight 310lbs march 2020 @55+% bodyfat
    Goal 190 lbs at 15% bodyfat

colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you need to work on your body and your mind bro