myjourney11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arm toning working without making shoulders more broad?

I have naturally broad shoulders (bones), but I also have very fat flabby arms which make things worse. I need to lose 15 kg minimum and Im currently losing weight so that will help, but I want to tone my arms because even when I was skinner I had fat somewhat flabby arms.

I’m more concerned with toning my triceps than my biceps, if that makes any sense. I don’t really care if I have defined biceps I just wanna the inner part of my arm to be less flabby and more toned. I’ve seen a lot of before and after transformations and sometimes their shoulders become more broad (or at least appear to be that way) What kind of workouts should I do to tone my arm and avoid making my shoulders broader? Thanks guys.

myjourney11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don’t know why my age appears to be 49 on this post. I’m actually 26. I thought age might be a factor you guys want to consider when suggesting workouts. so I just wanted to clarify that.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do your shoulders have a nice shape to them, or are they just broad? If they aren't shapely, I wouldn't neglect them.

Part of what you are noticing in transformation photos is that people have lost bodyfat. Because their waists and hips are more narrow, it makes their shoulders look broader than when they started. In reality, the circumference measurement around their shoulders is SMALLER. They just had more fat to loose around their torsos and hips, so their shoulders look broader in relationship to their waists.

I would suggest doing primarily compound movements for your back to work your biceps and chest and shoulder exercises to work your triceps. At the end of those workouts, you can throw in some isolation work (bicep curls, tricep extensions), but assisting in that heavier work will do more to change the shape of your entire body in addition to firming up the areas you are primarily concerned about.