Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

CKD/TKD Combo -- How's this look?

Hey all, I've been off and on keto for awhile but finally adhering and loving it. Been strong for 2 weeks, registered on the keto stix and everything.

I'm torn between CKD and TKD though. In the past I've used CKD with results but my last couple keto attempts had my carb up day going "well, breakfast the next day won't hurt" and then "well today is shot" and then "well the weekend is shot" and before you knew it, I was eating whatever.

So I'm hesitant to do 24 hr refeeds again, at least for now. But I loved the mental break of the refeeds. SO, what do yall think about this:

25-50g Carbs Preworkout (lifting ~5 days a week)
    Once every 1-2 weeks, having only one free meal

Thinking that way it could keep lifting intensity up, while I still get a mental break of enjoying whatever I want in a single meal. Thoughts?
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ODoyle99 View Post
    Hey all, I've been off and on keto for awhile but finally adhering and loving it. Been strong for 2 weeks, registered on the keto stix and everything.

I'm torn between CKD and TKD though. In the past I've used CKD with results but my last couple keto attempts had my carb up day going "well, breakfast the next day won't hurt" and then "well today is shot" and then "well the weekend is shot" and before you knew it, I was eating whatever.

So I'm hesitant to do 24 hr refeeds again, at least for now. But I loved the mental break of the refeeds. SO, what do yall think about this:

25-50g Carbs Preworkout (lifting ~5 days a week)
    Once every 1-2 weeks, having only one free meal

Thinking that way it could keep lifting intensity up, while I still get a mental break of enjoying whatever I want in a single meal. Thoughts?
    I don’t know, it sounds plenty reasonable to me. See how it works and adjust as necessary. I am interested in how you feel about TKD. I am likely going to try that eventually when I’m done dieting in hopes I can see some high end strength improvements. I’ve noticed on keto I have way more stamina for volume, but 90% and up range on lifts is pretty brutal, like on squats I know I have the strength for the set when unracking it, feels good etc, then after a couple reps I just hit a wall. Hoping TKD fixes that, and still allows the benefit of being able to get through the day at a calorie level that allows me to stay lean without starving all day.

Have you noticed increase in 1-5 rep range strength with TKD? I’d probably hit 40g or so of complex carbs the evening before, training fasted 5am following morning.

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I don’t know, it sounds plenty reasonable to me. See how it works and adjust as necessary. I am interested in how you feel about TKD. I am likely going to try that eventually when I’m done dieting in hopes I can see some high end strength improvements. I’ve noticed on keto I have way more stamina for volume, but 90% and up range on lifts is pretty brutal, like on squats I know I have the strength for the set when unracking it, feels good etc, then after a couple reps I just hit a wall. Hoping TKD fixes that, and still allows the benefit of being able to get through the day at a calorie level that allows me to stay lean without starving all day.

Have you noticed increase in 1-5 rep range strength with TKD? I’d probably hit 40g or so of complex carbs the evening before, training fasted 5am following morning.
    I'm the opposite on keto, I can do 90%+ sets as long as there's not too many sets prior. At a certain point with volume, I just hit a wall and can't move the weight anymore. When it gets bad I'll have half a gatorade and I feel better within 5 minutes lol

I actually haven't tried a TKD before. Well, once..years ago. I was having too many preworkout carbs and I was pretty much never in ketosis, which is why I've been hesitant to go back to it. I probably won't start adding preworkout carbs until i feel my workouts suffer, until then..I've been keto for 2 weeks and I'll just keep going.
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post

TKD is the only way to go if your doing resistance training with weights. I did full keto last year and I didn't experience any pump until I got home ate fat and protein. The body can make carbs from both and it does. With TKD you get the best of both worlds, great workouts and full effects of the keto. I eat white rice and egg whites before my workout and get a great pump, then again after. Rest of my meals are just fat and protein.
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
    TKD is the only way to go if your doing resistance training with weights. I did full keto last year and I didn't experience any pump until I got home ate fat and protein. The body can make carbs from both and it does. With TKD you get the best of both worlds, great workouts and full effects of the keto. I eat white rice and egg whites before my workout and get a great pump, then again after. Rest of my meals are just fat and protein.
    I don’t train for pumps really but have noticed a decrease since keto. I’ll probably start experimenting with TKD late summer early fall. I have a few months of dieting left before I start making any changes.